It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moblie phone smuggled in to Belmarsh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Mirror

This a very serious point on prison security in Britain even if it was printed by a crappy tabloid. This is the prison where over 100 terror suspects are being detained including the radical muslim cleric Abu Hamza (Link for those who don't know about Hamza) news.bbc.co.uk...

Any thoughts apart from search the inmates better?

MOD EDIT: Fixing a long link.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello? Phone smuggled into Britains highest security prison? Full of Terrorists? And no one's interested?

Next time I'll stick to reptilian aliens taking over the british royal family and shapeshifting into our normal life and starbucks putting mind control drugs in our coffee...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would take this with a grain of salt.
The Mirror has been less than a reliable source.
Has any other news agency picked up the story?
The reason that I am asking is that in the past, the Red Cross as well as other international agencies have complained vehemently the searches and conditions that they had to meet before getting near (accused) terrorist prisoners, so for someone to claim that they were able to get into one of these prisons with a camera phone and was able to use it to take pictures is something I find hard to beleive in.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
society.guardian.co.uk...

Guardian good enough for you?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Or maybe the BBC?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For as long as there has been prisons stuff has been getting smuggled into them every day. There is a serious problem in British jails with drug abuse because the stuff is so easy to get in. It doesnt matter what security steps are taken, people will always devise a new way to get stuff in. It used to be tennis balls cut then filled with something and then thrown over the walls to be retrieved at exercise time, or a mars bar filled with something smuggled in then switched with another one from the vending machine, or the female companion of an inmate hiding it in the mouth or other orifices to be slipped to the prisoner during visiting.
It really doesnt suprise me that stuff is still getting in, especially when its the prison gaurds that still smuggle a large amount of it in for cash to top up their wages. It would be nice to think that prisons are as secure as they should be but im afraid people will always find a way if they really want to.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Aren't there devices that can block cell phone communications so that even if they get one, it won't work?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i see nothing wrong with prisoners having cell phones. all of the communications would be monitored by echelon and we could gain valuable intelligence if they were careless enough to call another terrorist. not to mention the ability to call phone sex hotlines would undoubtedly curb homosexual rape in prison because of this new outlet.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good point Yetichi, I hadn't thought about it like that!

new topics

top topics

join