It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Dreamland show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Man, that was the most powerful show I've heard yet. I posted to Whitley's S. message board but things seems a little slow.

www.unknowncountry.com...
click on "Devestating Abduction Story"

These are some of my thoughts after listening to the whole show:
----

I just want to say a couple of things. I've always been interested in the ufo phenomena, since i was child, but certainly nothing happened to me. I was also interested very much in religion as child and would switch off cartoons to watch Sunday preaching on TV, instead. I've always harbored the secret belief that it would be "pretty cool" to get abuducted and spiritually ascend. This is exactly what is warned against in the recent dreamland show.

Cynthia has opened another level of depth to my perception (I won't say understanding) to this phenomena. I see that this is real, happens to real people. I didn't get this from reading tons of books. The voice element turns this into a whole new ball game.

But I am still intellectually curious. I have several questions. If they come off as rude or insensitive, I apologize right here.

1. It seems that abductions occur to people that have already been choosen (history of events in their life, etc.) Would a (maybe random) "normal" person be abducted if they lived in with an abductee? It seems unlikely; Whitley's wife hasn't been abducted.

2. Do religious symbols and quotations stop the visitors? If so, why aren't the used? "Moths drawn to the flame," seems to shine some light on this (i.e., unable to do so, great fear of doing so.)

3. It should be completely expected that visitors are each "different" and have different agendas and the like. If this is true, what would happen if abductees grouped together? Would visitors stop? Conflict with another?

And finally it seems to me that there should be ways of stopping abductions from taking place. I don't want to sound like a kook, hehehe, but if visitors project thought commands via magenetics or mircowaves, those types of transmission can be blocked. Well, take the above as you will.

This was defintely the most instructive dreamland yet and as soon as I have the means I will be a suscriber.

(any other thoughts?)

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Have you ever read, or seen the movie made from, "Communion", Streiber's book?

It's TRES BIZARRE! That movie HAUNTED me for over a year. I have NO IDEA why, but it did. I LAUGH at most "horror movies" seriously(!) their pure DREK but something about this one NAILED me...

Probably nothing more than a mild schism but it was there for sure...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think I've read every book whitley's written, at one point or another. When I was kid I read communion over and over; I was literally scared aliens were goign to fly down and take me away. My parents thought it was kinda funny but I didn't. grin.

edit- back to the topic at hand folks, anyone else?

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I KNOW exactly what you mean, I was like 24 or 25 the forst time I read it... It took me a LONG time ot go to sleep after that... Pitiful huh?

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I've never read Communion, but my mom did when I was a kid. I remember the cover of that book scared the bejeezus out of me. Strieber seems to have cornered the market on scary abduction stories.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Streiber has been good and bad for the abduction genre. He has brought a lot of attention to it but some question his motives and more increasingly his credibility. I have a more neutral view of him, he has softened a bit on his gray worship and is starting to see other types of entities that are out there.

One of the difficulties I am having with the abduction experience is the concept of benevolent aliens abducting people. Is this not an oxymoron in itself? Is it ethical to abduct anyone, even if they want it? Not easy to answer. If you abduct someone for good cause but you violate their freewill' have you just nullified the good intention?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ACK! Could someone listen tot he show and then report back. These comments are nice and all but this is about the recent show. Argh.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What do you mean this is Streibers website this appears at?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
*beats head against brick wall*

the first paragraph of the first post on this thread goes:

"Man, that was the most powerful show I've heard yet. I posted to Whitley's S. message board but things seems a little slow.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

www.unknowncountry.com...
click on "Devestating Abduction Story"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These are some of my thoughts after listening to the whole show: "

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
god.. i cant stick that whitley strieber! such a patronising wanker... Yeah, of course he was crying!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
WOW...just listened to this...quite powerful stuff.

top topics

join