posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:53 PM
I remember writing something in my journal a while back that stated "If I want to change the world, I have to start changing my self first."
Yes wanting to change the world is one of my goals, and yes that is a lofty ambition indeed. However, as I've grown and matured over the years I've
realized that to make any impact in this world we must first overcome our own weaknesses and limitations, and start with defining our INNERSPACE
before we can alter what is happening in our OUTERSPACE (no I am not talking NASA).
I am a product of 27 years of stimuli and responses. I am pretty hard on myself, and sometimes it's to a point where it cripples me from making any
decisions. I am trying to figure out what makes me tick, and how my thought processes are affecting my life. So what is my mission?
What I am about to undertake this Weds, is a 11 day course in Vipissana meditation. Roughly translated it is the art of self knowing, or being self
aware. During this 11 day *free* course in meditation I will have to implement some pretty difficult measures, as they are part of the course.
1. No talking to anyone else at the course, instructors only and only during certain times. Called NOBLE SILENCE.. no gesturing either.
2. 10 hrs of daily meditation, both in groups and individually. BTW the day starts at 4am.
3. Strictly vegetarian diet. I am not a vegetarian yet have dabbled with the notion for some time, however, how my body will react without me is a
4. No sex, no substances, no journals or books. No music, no cell phone. No scented deordorant.
5. Isolation. This center happens to be remote enough, no store for miles.
I am scared because this will surely be a challenge, but I feel it is something I must do. I am going to be in my own head for 10 strraight days, and
I am hoping to do some housecleaning, as I have many neurosis I am ready to deal with.
After I am done I am going to post on here and give everyone some insight into what I went through and how my thought patterns have changed. I am
looking forward to becoming a spiritual warrior, and want to help combat the ignorance in this world. I will try to live up to the ATS motto of
"Deny Ignorance" and start first with tackling my own. So I am going to call this ATS personal mission #1 (just cuz it sounds cool), kind of my own
personal "project mayhem" type of thing.
I look forward to sharing the results with the ATS community.
[edit on 5-12-2005 by robinm]