It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invading Israel

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
True, the UN did create Israel. The UN today is significantly different than the UN in the late 40s. Up to 1991 the Palesinians seemed to have highjacked the UN as a propaganda tool against Israel. There are many more links that show how at various times in history Arabs politically had an automatic condemnation of Israel due to the political make-up of the UN (Arab states+3rd world countries that economically rely on Arabs countries).
C'est la vie!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's simply a sign of the recent trend that UN is developing more independant out of American political influence, it does not necessarily mean UN is pro-Arab states, and to further stating that UN is a PLO controlled puppet organization to spread anti-Israeli propanda and ideologies is just ludicrious.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
It's simply a sign of the recent trend that UN is developing more independant out of American political influence, it does not necessarily mean UN is pro-Arab states, and to further stating that UN is a PLO controlled puppet organization to spread anti-Israeli propanda and ideologies is just ludicrious.

I never said the UN is PLO controlled, just that the UN is not balanced and that the PLO suceeded in Highjacking UN forums and money for its own political favor (the Derbun conference of Racism).
Other examples are:

n her June 21, 2004 speech [3] at a Conference on Confronting anti-Semitism: Education for Tolerance and Understanding sponsored by the United Nations Department of Information and in her articles [4], Anne Bayefsky, attending as representative of the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists, advocated the necessity of deep reforms within the UN and criticized some of the UN policies and practices:

> There is only one entire UN Division devoted to a single group of people: the UN Division for Palestinian Rights (created in 1977).
> The only UN day dedicated to a specific people is November 29, the annual UN Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
> There is only one refugee agency dedicated to a single refugee situation: UNRWA (in operation since 1950).
> One of the General Assembly six committees, "the Fourth Committee, routinely devotes 30% of its time to the condemnation of Israel."
> "The General Assembly emergency sessions... began in 1956, and since then six of the ten emergency sessions ever held, have been about Israel. The 10th such session began in 1997 and has been reconvened 13 times. A million dead in Rwanda or two million dead in Sudan might have warranted one General Assembly emergency session."
> "...the UN's primary human-rights body is the UN Human Rights Commission. 30% of the resolutions condemning specific states ever adopted over 40 years are directed at Israel." [5]

The event celebrating an annual "International Day of Solidarity With the Palestinian People" on November 29, 2005 was attended by Kofi Annan and other diplomats. In his January 3, 2006 letter to Mr. Annan, the US ambassador John Bolton criticized the UN for promoting anti-Israel agenda and noted that the map prominently displayed at the event "erases the state of Israel" only days after Iran's leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech calling to wipe Israel off the map. The organizer of the "solidarity" event is the Division for Palestinian Rights (2004-2005 UN budget: $5,449,600). Other bodies include the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories ($254,500), the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People ($60,800), and the Information Activities on the Question of Palestine ($566,000). Similar funding has been approved for the next biannual budget.

Israel has particularly few supporters in the United Nations, in part because of the large Muslim contingent (57 countries) and their influence: in terms of sheer voting strength in the General Assembly, this block represents about 1/4 of the delegates, though no Muslim country holds a permanent seat on the Security Council. See Arab League and the Arab-Israeli conflict. Moreover, Israel is the only member nation that that has never been enfranchised with voting rights in any part of the United Nations.

External source

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
That has nothing to do with UN policies, Israel only has herself to blame for erecting numerous enemies in the middle east region. And with the violent activities it engage itself with palestine i wouldn't expect Israel of gaining much compassion and popularity on the world stage.

Again, Israel only has herself to blame, and not the UN. UN never condemn against Israel without a valid and justifiable reason:

www.musalman.com...

Every time an official condemn is filed, Israel is constantly playing the role of aggressor, either violating the clear protocol of UN or carrying out an invalid raid on neighbouring states. Just like the recent attack on the West Bank Prison, which many agree to be rightfully deserving of denunciations.

In sheer comparison, Iraq was the subject of 69 condemns and resolutions from UN from 1967 - 2000. And yet US attacked Iraq: This is an example of USA foreign politic hypocrity and bias more than anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier

Israel only has herself to blame for erecting numerous enemies in the middle east region.

Oh please.

That is like the argument that the fact a person lives is the cause for enemies.

Just to remmeber you: The first war against the Jewish State named Israel started only hours after the birth of Israel.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Based on the United States excuses for invading Iraq. Such as WMDs and United Nations Resolutions violations. Doesnt it stand to reason that Israel also needs to be invaded when u compare the amount of wmds they are known to have. Also lets not forget they have also violated almost three (3) times more resolutions than Iraq ever did

Invaded???
lol
Where was Israel before 1948??

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Harshfully true, the Zionists basically whine to the Palestinians: "We don't have a land to live, we were purged by the Nazis, we used to live in the land you are living now 2000 years ago anyways, so you have to share the land with us. If you don't believe us, ask Jesus."

[edit on 24-3-2006 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
EarthUnificationFrontier,

I highly doubt the things you said to be true. Please revisit this thread to see that not the Zionists created Israel, but UN Resolution 181.

I know that a very common misperception is that the Jews were forced into the diaspora by the Romans (who destroyed the Second Temple in Jerusalem in the year 70 C.E) - and then came suddenly back 1,800 years later.

But of course, that is wrong.

There has always been Jewish live in that area.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If only you read my earlier posts, i did mentioned that UN created Israel. And nowhere did i claim that Zionists create Israel, they just whined for it.

Maybe you should actually read what people post next time instead of skimming through it.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I follow this thread with interest

It is important to know the fact that there has always been jewish life in the area of Isarel /Gaza /Westbank - the dream to have an own country there again has always been there for the Jewish people.

Please look here for Jewish Communities that area (7th - 11th Centuries)

(Source: The State of Israel, MFA)

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

If war will break out, Israel is one of the few easy targets for Iran and her allies...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Israel has always been "one of the few easy targets" - at least the Arabic world thought so ....

1947-49; 1956; 1967; 1973; 1982; 1991....

Guess who always won?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
oh please don't brag on about that again. If not for the couple billion dollars US sent to Israel EVERY YEAR since the the 50s:

"Israel usually receives roughly one third of the entire foreign aid budget, despite the fact that Israel comprises less than .001 of the worldÿs population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes. In other words, Israel, a country of approximately 6 million people, is currently receiving more U.S. aid than all of Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean combined when you take out Egypt and Colombia.

This year, the U.S. Congress approved $2.76 billion in its annual aid package for Israel. The total amount of direct U.S. aid to Israel has been constant, at around $3 billion (usually 60% military and 40% economic) per year for the last quarter century. A new plan was recently implemented to phase out all economic aid and provide corresponding increases in military aid by 2008. This year Israel is receiving $2.04 billion in military aid and $720 million in economic aid there is only military aid.

In addition to nearly $3 billion in direct aid, Israel usually gets another $3 billion or so in indirect aid: military support from the defense budget, forgiven loans, and special grants. While some of the indirect aid is difficult to measure precisely, it is safe to say that Israelÿs total aid (direct and indirect) amounts to at least five billion dollars annually."

Israel wouldn't have won jack against the Arabs.

Oh, and to Americans on this board, guess where does that 5 billion come from? That's right, your hard earned tax money, that you paid to the US gov hoping they will build better roads, more schools, more parks, more libraries, hire more police etc, is actually going to a middle east country 1000 miles away that has nothing to do with you so it can buy F16s M1 Tanks and Apache to kill Palestinians and Arabs

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Riwka:
At first ,i actually thought they were some educated people around here but sadly i was wrong.
The problem with you and your American World is that- You stick with your side. No matter how wrong they are and that's a good thing but when a person like you're self have been hated ,tortured NOT 10% of any Palestinian's life from Hilter, you should be much experinced with such world. You should be the one standing up in front of your gov. with such power to stop this discrimination. I understand we are all victims but history proved you wrong. Even the U.S history proved you wrong. You and the U.S gov are soo much aliKE. and one of those similarities is you both know how to play that game that comes out of settlers' MIND . Native American? And then Palestinians? There is no difference but two different" changing of names". I been told that the torah is even against it. I been trying to find some kind of research but i couldn't find anything that would actually show you what the world is doing to us because the original copies have been changed completely. Bible- Torah and whatever it is. I cannot name anything that doesn't come to my knowledge because what you worship is what i must respect. So there is no way out. You can keep on trying to prove history over and over . BUt the only true history is in God's book.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by MsPalestinian08]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Even though Israel has a good military I always wondered what would happen upon a full out assault by their neighbours. Not something to look forward to but the middle east is so volatile and always has been it is not impossible that such a thing could happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Harshfully true, the Zionists basically whine to the Palestinians: "We don't have a land to live, we were purged by the Nazis, we used to live in the land you are living now 2000 years ago anyways, so you have to share the land with us. If you don't believe us, ask Jesus."

Another example of ignarance. The Jews created Israel from hard work and sacrifice - the necessary ingredients of success. The vast marshlands in northern and coastal Israel was drained and made arable by Jews not Palestinians. The desert of the south and in Gaza was turned into arable lands by Jewish innovation and technology not the Palestinians, land development, scientific development and military development was made by the Jews not Palestinians. IF you hear whining it is the Palestinians who sat on their asses and did nothing substantial except for their innovations in their field of terrorism and suicide bombings.

Jewish presence always existed in the land of 'Israel' while a Jewish majority was evident in Jerusalem for over 150 years. You seem to neglect the fact that the Jews were not strictly of European decent. Actually nearly half of Israel's population today are Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews which came from Arab states. I for example do not have an drop of European Jewish blood but Mizrahi blood, my wife family have lived in Israel for ages.

Secondly, another show of ignorance the Jews would NEVER say 'ask Jesus' since we do not believe that Jesus was a Messiah. From your posts you are showing that you have no clue in the field that you are arguing about. I have consistently showed you how many errors you made in your historic perspective. I think that once you get your story straight you will learn to appreciate both Israel and the Jews.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You stated that without the US finiancial and miitary support:

Israel wouldn't have won jack against the Arabs.

For your information, Israel started receiving aid from the US only in 1973 after the 1973 war. the US sold Israel Phantoms ony in 1968 after the 1967 war. The US provides Israel with its largest spending on aid from 1976 and Egypt came in second place. This has changes since the war in Iraq - now Iraq, by far, receives more aid. THe aid ISrael received from the US is highly exaggerated though by anti-Israeli elements.

Source

THerefore this is also wrong. Israel fought and won the war of independence (1948) the Sinai campaign (1956) the six-day war (1967), the war of attrition (1970-1971) and the Yom kippur war (1973) without the US aid.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
MsPalestinian08,

At first ,i actually thought they were some educated people around here but sadly i was wrong.
The problem with you and your American World is that- You stick with your side. No matter how wrong they are and that's a good thing

NO THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING! That is the problem with Arab culture. Arabs will never admit that they were wrong. Their pride will not let them. They will always justify attrocities in the lamest of manners. You justify suicide bombers who kill children, athletes and families by purpose and consider them martyrs. You will rebutt by saying that Israel does the same and of course that is a liw but you will not admit it. Israel does not target school buses knowing full well that it is an innocent school bus. Israel does not kill Palestinian athletes for the sole reason that they are Palestinian. It is NOT good to stick with your side no matter who wrong it is. If your side is wrong then you must correct it.

When a person like you're self have been hated ,tortured NOT 10% of any Palestinian's life from Hilter, you should be much experinced with such world

I assume you mean that the hatred and torture was from hitler and not from the arabs.
Well this is also wrong! Jews suffered plenty from the Palestinians prior to Israel's creation. This includes the 1929 Hebron massacre which led to the ethnic cleansing of Jews from Hebron up to 1967, the 1920 riots, the 1921 riots, the riots throughout the 1930s and the virulent incitement of Amin Al Husseini who supported and recruited Muslims to the German SS army.
You have probably been taught a 'history' significantly different from the truth or have been hiding the truth so that your arguements would be more palatable. For example did you know that in 1919 the Zionist organization and Emir Faisal I signed an agreement pertaining to the development of a Jewish homeland in Palestine? Source

Your comparison of the American Indians and the Palestinians are fundamentally wrong since today's 'white americans' never had roots in north america while Jews not only had roots in 'Palestine' but also had constant presence in 'Palestine' throughout history and also formed the Majority in Jerusalem.

The Torah has no objection to Israel's formation. What you heard regarding Torah being against the State of Israel stems from the interpretation of a small band of ultra-Othrodox Jews who believe that a Jewish state should only be formed by the Messiah. Again, this is a small insignificant group of people.

Incidentally I can say the same about the Koran which states that the land of Israel is solely a Jewish land as you can see from this source. You can read what he says here.

My experiences had led me to believe that many of the Palestinian claims against the Jews, Israel and the conflict are based on Palestinian exaggerations and lies - This is something that 'You should be the one standing up in front of your gov. with such power to stop this discrimination' as you said.

[edit on 25/3/06 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Juhda US has been giving Israel aid to some extent ever since 1949.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsPalestinian08

The problem with you and your American World is that- You stick with your side.

MsPalestinian08,

you are wrong.

I am neither an American citizen, nor do I live in the U.S..
I am an Israeli citizen.

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join