It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya jamming satellites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

British and US diplomats have protested to the Libyan government after two international satellites were illegally jammed, knocking off air dozens of TV and radio stations serving Britain and Europe and disrupting American diplomatic, military and FBI communications.

Among stations hit were digital broadcasts by Five, BBC World, CNN International, US sports channels, cable TV networks and 23 radio stations. According to an email sent by one of the satellite owners, Loral Skynet, the US state department said it "would take it into their own hands" unless the interference stopped.

This is kinda funny in that jamming garbage like CNN actually happened. Makes you wonder what else could be blocked...if needed. We all know how heavily the military and general population rely on satellite feeds.

One thing I don't understand is how the FBI has an international satellite. I thought they were strictly a domestic entity. The CIA I can understand but they're too busy flying people first class.

Link: www.guardian.co.uk...

brill

[edit on 5-12-2005 by brill]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmmmmm. I find this post most interesting. I thought that Col. Gaddafhi had "reformed". On the other hand, his reformation might have been a very succinct and prudent move to prevent Gaddafhi's Libyan regime from being included in the US "world tour" against terrorism. This is a thread that I will pay attention to. The developments could be most interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
One thing I don't understand is how the FBI has an international satellite. I thought they were strictly a domestic entity. The CIA I can understand but they're too busy flying people first class.

They dont. As the article says that its jamming the FBIs ability to communicate. The FBI depends on other satellites to communicate at home and overseas.

new topics

join