It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your Greatest Movie Quote

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

I love that quote.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"And for all the people in the Midwest, we're sorry we said "f^@)" so much."

- Val Kilmer, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Pulp Fiction:

Fabienne: "Whose motorcycle is this?"

Butch: "It's a chopper, baby."

Fabienne: "Whose chopper is this?"

Butch: "It's Zed's."

Fabienne: "Who's Zed?"

Butch: "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Vega: "Oh god! I accidentally shot Marvin in the face."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signs:

Graham Hess: "People break down into two groups when the experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in Group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation isn't fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the Group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences? "

Graham Hess: Come on, now, you're too old to be doing this. You get a glass of water, and leave it lying around instead of finishing it. Now what's wrong with this one?

Bo: It has dust in it.

Graham Hess: And this one?

Bo: A hair.

Graham Hess: And this one?

Bo: Morgan took a sip and it's got his amoebas in it.

Halloween: H2O:

Tony Allegre: Hasn't anyone told you, second hand smoke kills.

Marion Wittington: Yeah, but they're all dead.

-tts

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Defoe in "Apocalypse Now" "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

I love that one, too, but it is not Defoe it was Robert Duvall.

I have too many favorites, to pick just one, so I'll probably be posting more later but here's one, for now:

"I was a better man with you, as a woman, than I ever was with a woman, as a man. Know what I mean? I just gotta learn to do it without the dress." Dustin Hoffman- "Tootsie"

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Mike Lowery: [pretending to be drunk] N!gga, who is it at the door?

Marcus Burnett: It's Reggie!

Mike Lowery: Who the f*ck is Reggie?

Marcus Burnett: Came to take Megan out.

Mike Lowery: [to Reggie] What you want, n!gga?

Reggie: I'm here... to take his daughter out.

Mike Lowery: Motherf*cker, I heard the boy say your name Reggie? You wanna be takin' Megan out?

Reggie: Yes, sire?

Mike Lowery: How old is you?

Reggie: Fifteen.

Mike Lowery: Sh!t, nigga. You at least thirty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcus Burnett: [opens his front door] Who the F*CK are you?

Reggie: I'm Reggie, Mr. Burnett

Marcus Burnett: How old are you?

Reggie: I'm fifteen, Mr. Burnett

Marcus Burnett: Motherf*cker, you look thirty.

--------------------------------------------------------

Marcus Burnett: You a virgin?

Reggie: Yes, sir.

Marcus Burnett: Good. Keep it that way. Ain't gonna be no f*cking tonight.

Mike Lowery: You ever made love to a man?

Reggie: No.

Mike Lowery: You want to?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That scene from Bad Boys 2 is one of my favorites.

Good call on that one.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Agent Smith: Never send a human to do a machine's job.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:

Eddie: They're armed.
Soap: Armed, armed with what?
Eddie: Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster... what do you think they're gonna be armed with? Guns, you ***!

----------------------------------------------

Gary: Shotguns? What, like guns that fire shot?
Barry the Baptist: Oh, you must be the brains of the operation. Yes, guns that fire shot

----------------------------------------------

Rory Breaker: If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya.

-----------------------------------------------

God i love that film

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"kick his ass seabass"-seabass' pal from Dumb & Dumber

Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash- Crazy guy (has the mask on) from Con Air

[after crashing the alien spaceship by the Grand Canyon] *That's* what you get! Ha Ha! Look at you! Ya ship's all banged up!
[shouts]
Captain Steven Hiller: Who's the man? Huh? Who's the man? Wait till I get another plane! I'm a line ya friends up right beside you! Where ya at, huh? Where ya at?
[Hiller opens the spaceship, the alien screams, Hiller smacks him in the head]
Captain Steven Hiller: [beat] Welcome to earth. - Will smiths character from
Independance Day

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world... And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today...We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore...We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice:"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!- President from Independance day

Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf.
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye. I could do that.-
Lord of the Rings- the Return of the King
cheesy I know lol

The Mouth of Sauron: And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade!
[Aragorn cuts off the head of the Mouth of Sauron]
Gimli: Guess that concludes negotiations... - LOTR

Smokey: You got knocked the f*ck out... gimme my goddamn money... yeah payback's a motherf*cker, N*gga.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smokey: You just got knocked the F*CK out! - Friday

Carter: You don't know nothing about no War.
Lee: Everybody knows War.
[singing]
Lee: War! Huh! Yeah! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing, sing it again, you all!
Carter: It ain't 'you all', it's "y'all"!
Lee: Yaw.
Carter: Y'all!
Lee: Yaw!
Carter: Man you sound like a Karate movie, y'all!
Lee: Yoll-
Rush Hour

James Carter: Couldn't help noticin' how she was staring at a brother.
Lee: She never even look at you.
James Carter: You just jealous, Lee, 'cause women like me. I'm tall, dark and hansome and you third world ugly.
Lee: I am not third world ugly, women think I'm cute. Like Snoopy.
James Carter: Lee, Snoopy is 6 inches taller than you-
Rush Hour 2

[edit on 22-8-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
51st State

Elmo: Look, if I wanted cuisine, I'd have gone to Paris, all right?
Felix: You can still go to France, mate, it's not too far, it's full of ****** and they hate ******* yanks as well!

------------------------------------------

[as the nightclub gets raided by cops]
Elmo: Aw, ****... Can't a brother just deal some GODDAMN DRUGS?

Elmo: It takes ten seconds for an imbibed liquid to reach the stomach... It takes the human body eighty-one seconds to heat that liquid to the point of chemical volatility... You,
[points to the Lizard]
Elmo: have twelve seconds left.

Another one of my faves

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Dr. Peter Venkman: She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and she sleeps above her covers . . . four feet above her covers!

Dr. Raymond Stantz: I think we better split up.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Good idea.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah, we can do more damage that way.

Winston Zeddemore: Hey, wait a minute. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hold it. Now, are we actually gonna go before a federal judge, and tell him that some moldy Babylonian God is going to drop in on Central Park West, and start tearing up the city?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Sumerian, not Babylonian.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Big difference.
Winston Zeddemore: No offense, guys, but I've gotta get my own lawyer.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Personally, I liked the University; they gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything. You've never been out of college. You don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector--they expect results.

And, maybe the funniest line in the whole movie:

Ray Stantz: Listen!, Do you smell something?

LMOA!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Kingdom of Heaven:

Orlando Bloom's knights have just been defeated outside Kerak Castle; he is lying in the dirt at the feet of the Muslim lieutenant (played by Alexander Siddig):

Bloom: "What will become of us?"
Siddig: "You reap what you sow; you have heard of this, yes?"

The Blues Brothers:

Curtis (the school caretaker): "Boys, you got to learn not to talk to nuns that way."

Ellwood (at "Bob's Country Bunker"): "What kind of music do you usually have here?"
Barmaid: "Oh, we've got both kinds--Country and Western."

Ellwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Illinois Nazi lieutenant to Illinois Nazi Commander, as their Pinto stationwagon is falling through the air to the tune of Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries: "I've always loved you".

Ah, the lists go on and on...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Working Girl---

"I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that?"

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

"Who are those guys?"

City Slickers--

"Hi, Curly, kill anyone today?"
- "Day ain't over yet."

Animal House--
'
''Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Shining:

Wendy Torrance: I just want to go back to my room to think things over.

Jack Torrance: You've had your whole ****ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes more gonna do you now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Torrance: HEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick Hallorann: Some places are like people: some shine and some don't.

-tts

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I never had one until now:

Snakes on a Plane:
"Enough is Enough! I've had it with these mthrfn snakes on this mthrfn plane!" -- Samuel L. Jackson

[edit on 8/24/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Magnum Force

Dt. Harry Callahan: "A man's got to know his limitaions."

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One of my favourites is from Gladiator-

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh and how could i forget Braveheart-

And if this is your army, why does it go?
Soldier: We didn't come here to fight for them.
Second Soldier: Home, the English are too many!
William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Second Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
[Scottish army laughs]
William Wallace: I AM William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
Soldier: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.
William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

I like some armageddon quotes aswell:

Sir, I'm retired navy, I know all about classified. But one more thing. The person who finds her gets to name her right?
Dan: Yes, yes that's right, that's right.
Karl: I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking bitch from which there is no escape.

and

Excuse me, but I think I know how to fix this.
Watts: Move it! You don't know the components!
Lev Andropov: [annoyed] Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!

and

Colonel William Sharp: [In response to Rockhound riding the nuclear warhead] Get off... the nuclear... warhead.
Rockhound: Just wanted to feel the power between my legs brother.
Colonel William Sharp: NOW!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ah, yes...

Kingdom of Heaven:

The Hospitalar (while observing swordplay between Liam Neeson's character and Bloom's):

Hospitalar: "Being a bit rough on him aren't you?"
Neeson: "I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicles."

Earlier, on the road to Jerusalem, Neeson confronts Bloom:

Neeson: "Have you come to kill me? Even these days it is not easy..."

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Thing - "Man is the warnmest place to hide"
"Im Locked, Loaded and ready to make s*** dead"

Dead Mans Shoes - "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."
"Herbie: Can I help you, mate?
Richard: Sorry?
Herbie: What the f*** are you looking at?
Richard: You, ya c***!"

Boys in the Hood - "Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children."
"Furious: Somebody must have been praying for that fool, cause I swear I aimed right for his head.
Tre Age 10: You should have blew it off.
Furious Styles: Don't say that. Don't say that. Just would've contributed to the killing of another brother"

Clerks - "I've had some girlfriends too, but all they wanted from me was weed and s***."

Clerks II - "That guy's being awfully forward with that donkey."

[edit on 24-8-2006 by krax]

[edit on 24-8-2006 by krax]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join