It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of False Prophets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Beware of false prophets in this forum and any other!

"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber." 2 Peter 2:1-3

There are many born agains to be wary of. They twist the truth and warp the Bible's meanings to fit their own purposes instead of just taking it for what it is.

I've read the Bible three times and don't need a group of radical cult members to tell me what it means. I have faith and feel no need to share it with anyone or shove it down anyone's throat or argue with anyone to make them convert to my beliefs. This is all cult-like behavior and not something Jesus or God would give their blessings to.

Again, beware of these false prophets....they are all over these forums! They work for the devil, not for God! And the ones that make money off it, i.e. Benny Hinn, do it just to strip their followers of all their money and laugh all the way to the bank. Benny Hinn and his kind are disgusting! Abnd they live quite well off their zombie followers!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How does one identify who's intentions are being manifested?

How can we tell which prophets are prophets of God, and who claim to be prophets and actually serve the Devil? By who recieves monetary payment? Then how can true prophets of God continue to spread the message without money? Without money there is little food, little clothes, little of . . . well, everything. Can we retain the services of true messengers if we fear all messengers who require money to survive in our reality?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think I can help with this identifing of false prophets deal.

Most of the false prophets I have met wear brown wing tip shoes and little funny hats.

Another dead givaway is the way they always confuse "effect" with "affect"
and "piece" with "peace"

Excitable boy was quite right when he said they live quite well off their zombie followers.

They also tend to have real gnarly bicuspids.

sarcasm ends now!!

Any false prophet worth his salt would be indestinguishable from a real prophet; most zombies follow the prophet that makes them feel superior to the other zombies who follow other prophets.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
True prophets do not invoke automated responses of negativity. All negative emotions stem from one emotion. Fear.

If someone invokes fear or that which stems from it, then they are a false profit, for they are ultimately serving:

"Self preservation"

"Self before serve"

"I am selfish before I serve anyone / anything"

Why?

Too cowardly to resolve their own fears and the hates that stem from them because they can only justify their hates by first fearing that that which they hate can/will take something/someone they love away from them, before they manifest it in the reality we all must share.

Want to be a true prophet?

Resolve your hates and fears inside, not out here.

Want to profit?

Be a coward.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Without money there is little food, little clothes, little of . . . well, everything.

I believe Jesus spoke about this. The False Prophet play the "Poor Christian Me" game and then tell you where to send your money.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Didn't the great prophets of old wander the desert and eat locust and honey or something like that???

Didn't one of them stay with a little old lady throughout a famine and her food just kind of replenished itselt throughout the time?

And, well, when the taxman came to the Jesus and his gang, well, they didn't have any money, did they? If I remember right, God put the money in a fish's mouth and well, then sent him out to find peter's hook or someone's.....

so, at least looking at the examples in the Bible, I kind of get them impression the the true prophets don't have much money, eat weird things, and well, act a little strange......

that should eliminate most of today's "prophets" don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
so, at least looking at the examples in the Bible, I kind of get them impression the the true prophets don't have much money, eat weird things, and well, act a little strange......

that should eliminate most of today's "prophets" don't ya think?

Actually, I meet those requirements....
except for eating insects. I don't eat meat of any sort much at all. Especially the kind with black blood. Yecch.

No kidding.

They also wear 'sackcloth.' Which is clothing made from the hair of black goats. Probably very scratchy.

Ram

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Too cowardly to resolve their own fears and the hates that stem from them because they can only justify their hates by first fearing that that which they hate can/will take something/someone they love away from them, before they manifest it in the reality we all must share.

Sounds just like some of our world leaders

some of them believe in god..And stuff. And they seems to be doing some prophecy's ones in a while....

Yeah! - lets look out for those false prophets..!!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I gotta add to this cuz it makes me mad!!!

I am a Christian, but I can't stand the "vow of poverty" Catholic priests make only to serve in a church that is chock full of riches and has towers that are Gold plated and ........can you say hypocracy???????? I wanna cuss but can't! I'm a good member of ATS!

"We need not look farther than our front door when it comes to religion and false prophecies."

[edit on 12/5/2005 by sexymon]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What many consider, in present times, to be ‘prophets’ are actually ‘soothsayers.’

Jeremiah 5:31
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Jeremiah 6:13-14
For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

A ‘soothsayer’ says things that sooth his audience, regardless of the truth, his motivation is likely more rooted in popularity and by extension, a sense of self-worth based on how he makes others feel. It’s a selfish motivation, in a far-reaching sense—yet with all forms of human delusion, I honestly don’t think it is on purpose. It is just another facet of mortally limited perspective.

The word ‘prophet,’ in Hebrew, is

and means: a prophet or (generally) inspired man.
It comes from a root meaning “to bubble forth, as from a fountain.” Surely this ‘fountain’ is figuratively the one that provides living water to all who are thirsty.
These are the ones that humanity continually begs God to send, yet when He hears us and fills our request, we mistread and kill that messenger so we don’t have to bear listening to the message.

[I]Isaiah 30:9-11
That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

2 Chronicles 36:16
But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

There is no material profit in truth, so we do not choose it over delusion:

Jeremiah 7:8
Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

But what sells books and all sorts of so-called prophetic guidance is theologies such as the ‘rapture.’ The ‘profits’ tell the people, ‘Don’t worry about loving your neighbor or seeking truth in order to share it for comfort and alleviation of others’ fears—you are ‘saved’, you are a ‘christian’—the rapture will keep you safe from any trouble which comes to those who have chosen to rebel against God by not coming to church and preaching hell to the surrounding sinners in their communities. If they can’t see God loves them by offering a bargain to buy them out of ‘hell,’ comfort yourself with the thought of your timely escape to heaven and the saving of your elite Christian soul.’

Look how many books have sold in the ‘Left Behind’ series—written by two so-called profits!
It’s total fiction and the world has never been so assaulted by lies disguised by truth, in the name of God. And that’s saying a lot, considering the past history of mankind.

top topics

join