It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who stands to gain from paranoia? (other than drug industry)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Who stands to gain from hyping the bird flu? While I am of the opinion that bird flu does represent a legitimate and dangerous threat, I would like to solicit opinions regarding who stands to benifit from all of the mass bird culling going on. Here is an article that mentions how China's banking sectors are "restructuring debt" to help farmers cope.
Now, other than the obvious gains for Roche and the other flu-drug manufacturers and vaccine researchers, who stands to gain from drumming up a panic? It seems pretty obvious who the losers are. Your average third-world poultry farmer has his a$$ in a sling right now. His birds are culled 'cause the MAN says so, and then he gets a pittance for reimbursement (if any). On top of that, suspicion, fear and ignorance (deny it folks) contribute to lower consumption, lower demand, and lower prices for the farmer's product.
I posted an article on here a while ago about the World Bank meeting that was totally ignored, but I think that this is an important conspiracy angle that we should not neglect. How much money IS in bird flu anyway? How much "debt" are these banks buying up? How does the scare change the relationship of regional economies? Does this help shore-up worldwide or regional hegemonies?
And if those questions don't entice you, how would you feel if you were a southeast-asian chicken/duck farmer? What would you do if your flock was culled?

[edit on 5-12-2005 by informatu]
edit for my horrible punctuation

OK, last edit, I swear! (must stop rereading my post)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes is true that the killing of so many source of food for third world countries like poultry is going to impact the already poor economy in those countries.

What is next US and other industrialized countries selling their goods because is not other option?

But hey, almost all Europe poultry has infection one way or other, so who will be selling . . . I guess US supplies are still good and ready to ship.

Yes in this world that money is very important the strongest and riches are always the ones to benefit the most.

Specially when we know who is the one that dominates the entires world.

The pandemic even when is true and is infections already, we all know how the media can manipulate information to get people into a panic mode and willing to do anything asked.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Beside the drug industry benefiting, I"ll bet the arkansas chicken ranches will have a good year with their added export bonanza, along with the packing houses, truckers and shippers of said meat products.

If it isn't paranoia and avian flu becomes a pandemic almost any of the survivors will benefit in some way but the BIG winners will be the funeral homes.

Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Your points about buying up debt are great.

Off the top - the bird flu crisis also takes the heat off the cattle industry for Mad Cow. ...Overall, looks like we're being set up for a complete revamping of the food and agricultural industries. The boyz will pitch GM as the answer to bird flu, Mad Cow, and every other corporate bioweapon released over the last century. Welcome Soylent Green maybe.

Time to follow the money. Again. And Tamiflu isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think the world is being run on pure fear now, and this fits well into the scenario.
Anything and everything that smells of fear is of value now, seems this is the mental state we are supposed to be in. Its been done before during Hitlers reign, fear was a major component and it was how he subdued the masses.

The pharmaceutical companies win, the White house crowd wins, all those around the world who have a vested interest in the NWO, and so on. This has all been laid out very well, as if planned for hundreds of years. Whoever laid out this master plan had a vision. A vision of a chain of events and the human reaction which, if followed to the letter, would subdue the people, control them for the next move. I beleive this. What is the next move? What is the hold up? Consider that many scientists and microbiologists have met an untimely death. The ones who were the most prominent in their fields have been eliminated. This makes me think that if there were to be a real pandemic of some sort it would be spread on purpose, not because its going to jump to humans naturally.

It also confirms my fears that "they" want us dead. Just think how much easier it would be to run a world with billions less inhabitants!

So, the benefactors would be the super rich, the elite. They are the ones in charge of Armageddon, i'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
How about the conspiracy industry and terror-based products.

If you can scare people about the bird flu, you can sell things like homeopathic remedies, books, tapes, underground shelters, bottled water, guns, ammo, etc, etc, etc. Think of all the people who got rich off of supplies for Y2K.

The bad thing about hysteria is that it causes great harm. I remember the polio scares of the 1950's, when we had to stay away from all sorts of weird things (including cranberries!) ... and some of the measures suggested by the hysterics put us at greater risk.

new topics

top topics

join