It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Comic Book Movie Are You Anticipating the Most?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There are plenty of Comic Movies in production right now. What movie are you most looking forward to?

I was looking at the comic book forum's thread page and sorted it by most viewed. I was surprised to see the results.

Joss Whedon had signed on to write and direct the Wonder Woman movie (I wish I could go back in time and fix had to has
.) This thread currently has 4342 views and was created on February 12th 2005.

Ghost Rider Movie info has 3511 views and was created on January 20th 2005.

Spider-man 3. Venom Vs.Spiderman...Maybe has 2706 views and was started on February 4th 2005.

X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here! has 2307 views and was created July 10th.

On the Movies board there is also 'Superman Returns' tops list of most expensive movies ever made! it has 1006 views and started on September 27th 2005.

According to these numbers Wonder Woman is the most anticipated movie. I find that hard to believe even with Joss Whedon's fan base.

Other films in the works are:
Sin City 2 - Summer 2006
Punisher 2 - Fall 2006
Hellboy 2 - Fall/Late 2006
V for Vendetta - March 17, 2006
Fantastic Four 2 - July 4, 2007
Hulk 2 - 2006?
Ironman - 2007?
Flash - ?
Shazam - ?

So, what movie are you really excited about?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'd have to say that your Wonder Woman conclusion is flawed.

People view that thread because they want to know who's going to play Wonder Woman and they know there will be plenty of pictures of hot babeage!

I'd say that in reality the X-Men movie and the Spiderman movie would probably run neck and neck. As far as I'm concerned Superman will dust them all.

We shall see.

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You may be right about the Wonder Woman thread
. I was just shocked to see that it is the second most viewed thread on the Comics board. It doesn't come even close to the amount of replies on the X3 thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Superman movie. People can complain about the costume all day (I don't like it either), but this movie is going to kick ass.

I'm pretty much a life long X-Men fan so I'm looking forward to seeing X3 even though it has a new director that I don’t really care for.

Spiderman 3 is really going to sink or swim based on Venom. I fear he will be too different for fans and the movie will be rejected.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I didn't know about Sin City 2, if that's anything like the first one It'll be amazing, I can't wait

edit: I think the new Superman costume looks pretty decent, it's nostalgic enough but not too cheesy. It could have been worse

[edit on 5-12-2005 by chebob]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I haven't read many of the Sin City books. I'm not sure if there are anymore Marv stories, but a second Sin City movie with out Marv won’t be as good as the first movie.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Shazam is an old favourite of mine.

If they are making a movie of that I'll be seeing it.

Sin City 2 is another must see for me, I have read most of millers SC work and loved it all.

Marv was the stand out I thought too.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt
Shazam is an old favourite of mine.

Why would they want to remake Shazam? The special effects and acting can't get any better than the original!

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I never knew about that Dr Love.

When ever I think of Captain Marvel I get this image in my head,

That scrawny dude playing Captain Marvel is laughable.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'd like to see a "real" movie made from any R. Crumb comic (not documentary)

Howabout either of these: Scorpio Rose and/or Dr. Orient:

Eighties' attempts at serious occult fare. Post Nightstalker, but pre X-files.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Any movie based on the works of R. Crumb would be best watched under heavy 'medication'

I've never heard of Scorpio Rose. The only comics published by Eclipse that I've read were Groo and Miracleman (Marvelman). Making movies based on Alan Moore's creations seems popular, maybe they will make a Miracleman movie one day.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
im tied between x-men 3, the next batman, and spiderman 3

on a side note... halo the movie tops all those but thats a video game movie (i think peter jackson will do an awesome job on it!)

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would love for Comic movies to take an anime angle, along to lines of Ghost in the Shell or Blood the Last Vampire.
Something with high art/realism, not the cheesy stuff. Jim Lee's Wildcats, Xmen, Dr.Strange, Spectre and most Vertigo titles would be stellar in that format.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I would love to see a WildC.A.T.S. animated film. There was that Saturday morning show in the '90s but that is not what we are talking about here

There is an Ultimate Avengers DVD that will be out in the new year.

- When asked about the graphic content of the movie, Kyle said that it is not meant for Saturday morning television, but added it is not excessively violent or suggestive. "It's more than just the fact that we can ignore some… standards that dictate the things you cannot do on television," Kyle continued, "…But it was more of a freedom than 'hey, let's swear because we can' or 'let's show some risqué shots of Black Widow because we can.'

If the movie is anything like "The Ultimates" comic book (and it seems to be) it will kick ass.

(Edit to add image)

[edit on 5/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a Thor movie would be cool. also i would like to see a Ironman movie.
love abydos

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The next Batman film.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think the spiderman movies have been the most succesful ones of all this comic book faze. So i will give my vote to the 3rd installment.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've heard that Mark Millar's Chosen is in the works as a movie and that he's writing part 2 for the comic book. It was an interesting concept.

top topics

join