It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People during the Holiday Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have been a person who thinks that there is no reason to get up at 5 am on Black Friday to go shopping. This year, I became one of those people but I knew exactly what I wanted, found it, got it, got in line and got out. I thought I would have a ton of rage and start throwin elbows, but when I got in, I laughed. Why? Because I found it amusing that, at 5 am, Best Buy was wall-to-wall people. People digging thru DVD piles for cheap DVDs. Everyone carrying the $70 portable DVD players. It was nuts! I saved $70 on my item, so that is my justification for joining the fray. BAck to my subject rant now: Every since that day, people are CRAZY!! I drive 40 miles to work one-way and since Nov 26, I have witnessed people on the road doing 100+ mph, seeing a lane ends and driving all the way to the end of the lane to cut someone off, weaving, running red lights, blocking intersections because they didn't want to wait for the next light cycle. Yes, I see most of this normally during regular season, but since Thanksgiving, I have seen it increased. It happens during every holiday season. People just become more rude during this season as well. "Good Will towards Men"? Ja right!! Not if that means giving up the mall parking spot or letting someone on the road. Is there a solution? Not really. It's up to everyone to change themselves. Until then, I'm going to have some rose hips tea before I go out to retail stores and try to enhance my calm. :bnghd:

new topics

join