It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Diary: Quitting Smoking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've decided that I'm going to quit smoking and that I would like to write in this thread every day for the next month to show all of you who want to/are thinking of quitting what it's like.

Well, I'm 17 years, 6 months, 4 days and a few hours and minutes old. I've been smoking for four years (Yes, I'm a bad boy!), today is the first step of a long journey.

-[Day One]-
Monday 05 December, 2005. 13.54 GMT

Well, I havn't had a cigarette for about two hours, I survived a craving... and then I did some working out to take my mind off needing a cigarette. I'm not looking forward to this evening, at all. My mum's a smoker and it's gonna be hard to resist asking her to lend me a cig.

(Wish me luck!!!)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well good luck with your effort to quit smoking. I am very happy for you that you have made this committment. I am a smoker (ugh) too. And I detest this filthy habit. It is an addiction pure and simple and it is one that I want to beat too. I'll be looking forward to reading your diary and I hope to offer my encouragement. My own "quit date" is January 2nd, 2006 -- a New Years Resolution that I intend to keep.

Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good luck to you, too, mate.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
14.31 GMT

F'ing cravings!! This is only day one and Im DYING for a cig... quite ironic really. I'm going to go and cook a big f'ing dinner for tonight, that should help abit.

Preperation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 2 hours

SORTED!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
-[Day Three]-
Wednesday 07 December. 05.26GMT

Well, I didn't write in here yesterday as I spent most of the day in bed for undisclosed reasons.

I had ONE cigarette yesterday morning, and I felt so ill... which gives me more of a reason that quitting smoking is the right way to go. It made me realise how much smoking is f***ing up my body.

I've learnt how to get past the cravings. I stop and think to myself, "WHY do you need to have one? What good will it do?" and it soon makes me not want one.

This is going to be easier than I thought.

Edit: Bloody typos! :bnghd:

[edit on 6-12-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have a friend who's tried a billion times. Hopefully, though, you're more serious than him! Good luck!

I love sitting back and watching.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Are you a smoker, Herman?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Good luck xeroxed, this is great! I am going to quit soon too so I am interestd in your progress

If U need to vent or talk hit me up

top topics

join