It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Command Declares Global Strike Capability

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think that they should convert a few of them, because at this point they are just sitting. At least if they were fitted with conventional weapons, then maybe we could use them for Iraq or Afghanistan(as long as some poor sap in Montana does not see them launching from their back yard). They would definetely have to be submarine based.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

IF the United States WANT to conduct the World Police Role, they MUST be prepared to use the Same or Equal Force on ANYBODY that Breaks certain Rules that the US is supposed to Represent and Uphold. And Frankly, these RULES are being broken on Daily Basis for FIFTY Years in Africa - and all the West does is SELL them more small arms for them to kill each other!
[edit on 14/12/05 by Souljah]

I am not really interested in joining this 'discussion' as it will not be solved.

There is no answer to this, there is no "Right" and no "Wrong".
"Evil nations" don't exist and neither do "good" ones. The USA has commited atrocities and performed acts of goodness, they fought both jsut and wrong wars.... and so have all others I guess.

However, I have a question that I would like to ask all of you, both sides.

WHY hasn't the USA (or the UN for that matter) intevened in Sudan where one of the worlds greatest massacres is taking place as we speak?

It is indeed because there is no oil there? Because you 'can't collect eggs from a dead chicken'? Or is there another reason?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The US has not intervened because we are already doing our good will work. We have ousted two terrible regimes and are trying to finish the two jobs we have already started. We have provided by far the most help in the Tsunami releafe operations, and we have our own problems domestically in New Orleans.

Maybe if the rest of the world (minus the coolition of the willing) would get off their collective asses and lend a hand, things like this could be solved.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
No Global Strike Capability can not Prevent the Collapse of the Empire from the Inside. I remember Roman Empire being as well Strong and full of Selfesteem when they conquered the entire Europe, Middle East and North Africa - and wheile they were occupied with fighting the enemies OUTSIDE....

Well, you know how that Story Ends.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The US has not intervened because we are already doing our good will work. We have ousted two terrible regimes and are trying to finish the two jobs we have already started. We have provided by far the most help in the Tsunami releafe operations, and we have our own problems domestically in New Orleans.

Maybe if the rest of the world (minus the coolition of the willing) would get off their collective asses and lend a hand, things like this could be solved.

I agree completely with American Mad Man. Allow me to put in my 2 cents. I agree to the fact that we have military resources currently tied up in many different areas, but it is not like we are turning our backs to the people in Sudan. Allow me to give you a little backround info. I am currently in the US Air Force, assigned to a Combat Communications Squadron. My unit has deployed to the region three times in the past year (the first one I went on), for a period of 1-2 months each time. Our job was to provide secure and non-secure internet and telephones for the people that were there that really mattered. These people were the heavy airlifter pilots (C-17, C-130). Our mission there was to shuttle African Union troops and supplies from a collection point in Rwanda (who had a terrible genocide of their own) to Sudan. These troops were then going to try and put a stop to the madness. I have a few AFN videos of the mission, but I don't know how to post them up. Do I have to use a third party server? I also have some pictures on the network at work. I will try and find them tomorrow and post them up.

www.af.mil...

www.af.mil...

The most recent missin transported 1,200 troops.

If you do a search for Sudan, you can find some pics there.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

ATK, in partnership with Lockheed Martin, is developing a submarine-launched, intermediate-range ballistic missile (SLIRBM) — a supersonic, GPS-guided, long-range strike missile capable of flying 1,000 nautical miles in 12 minutes to deliver a 1,000-pound warhead to within 20 meters of its target. The 32-inch-diameter missiles are designed to be launched from Trident ballistic missile firing tubes aboard four U.S Navy Ohio-class submarines that are being converted to guided-missile submarines. Their mission is to support special operations and deliver long-range conventional strike weapons.

This weapon system will extend the life of the Trident-class ballistic missile submarine to meet changing threat requirements, while making the most of taxpayer investments in the nation's defense system.

www.atk.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
"yes the US was the first to test and use a nuke" the germans not only started the first nuclear weapons program but they also had the first nuclear test.

The only safer country in my opinion to have a global strike capacity is the UK because our politicians are to weak to use them they would insist on having a full debate in the house of commons and the house of lords before using them.

why does everyone talk about the americans as the ultimate baddies. if they hadnt entered world war 2 then we would all be german slaves or maybe we would all be communists.

you use iraq as an example of how evil america is but have you forgotten that saddam hussein killed far more than the iraq war has so far and dont forget that a bullet in the head is a far nicer death than being gassed, also in pre war iraq torture was common place. if you are still against the iraq war then you need your head examining.

souljah you might want to take your head out of your arse and take a look at the real world and the mess that it is in and then look at what america as the only world super power is doing to solve it before you post anymore rubbish.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3

why does everyone talk about the americans as the ultimate baddies. if they hadnt entered world war 2 then we would all be german slaves or maybe we would all be communists.

you use iraq as an example of how evil america is but have you forgotten that saddam hussein killed far more than the iraq war has so far and dont forget that a bullet in the head is a far nicer death than being gassed, also in pre war iraq torture was common place. if you are still against the iraq war then you need your head examining.

souljah you might want to take your head out of your arse and take a look at the real world and the mess that it is in and then look at what america as the only world super power is doing to solve it before you post anymore rubbish.

Excellent points justin!

You have voted justin_barton3 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Keep up the good work.

If you are just "discovering" souljah (I have him ignored), you'll find that he serves the same purpose on ATS that Baghdad Bob did for Saddam at the beginning of the Iraq war - that is chief of dis-information.

[edit on 1/15/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

We have the capability to strike anywhere in the globe in under an hour, and that makes me feel better at night knowing that if some over xealous religous freak decides to level San Francisco, that we could retailiate swiftly.

lol dont scare me

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Souljah, why do you keep refering to the US as "the Empire." You clearly have not the knowledge of what an empire is. For clarification, here is the definition according to Merriam-Webster.

(1) : a major political unit having a territory of great extent or a number of territories or peoples under a single sovereign authority; especially : one having an emperor as chief of state (2) : the territory of such a political unit b : something resembling a political empire; especially : an extensive territory or enterprise under single domination or control

Definition of Empire

Take a look and see that your analogy, is plain wrong. Please refrain from refering to my country in unfair and wrongful terms. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Take a look and see that your analogy, is plain wrong. Please refrain from refering to my country in unfair and wrongful terms. Thank you.

Well, I would like to not use that Term, but I call'em like I see'em.

"Europeans rationalized their empires as civilizing missions. Today the utopian rhetoric of American exceptionalism masks the primary intent of the United States to create, not actual colonies, but a global market subservient to transnational capital."

American Empire?

U.S. Imperialism / Neocolonialism in the 20th and 21st centuries

Five myths and realities of US empire

US Imperialism and the War on Iraq

Thank You!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Who started the WWII and Why?

WWII did NOT Save ALOT - it just Killed 50 Million People, Torn apart an Entire Continent, and Created several NEW problems - like the COLD WAR; which resulted in Further Wars in Korea and Vietnam ("good guys" vs "the commies"). Wars don't solve #!

latest news

eventhough i agree on a lot of your views souljah , you cannot tell me you believe the US started WWII , that would be pushing it a bit far.We can argue a lot on what could have been done to avoid it or tho shorten it or or or but not on who started it .
I'm european myself and far from being a supporter of either american foreign policies or muslim extremists , but i must admit that i believe that in some cases european govts. should act more instead of loosing time trying to "convince" madmen to switch sides.
About 18 months ago a group of alleged extremists have been arrested here , and sued the police for brutality and guess what ....they won the case . You know what would have happened if caught in their countries of origin....they couldn't have sued anyone.... because they probably would have been dumped from a cargo plane in the sahara . We're trying to fight people who we let in because they were asking for help and this is how grateful they are . Thank you but no thanks ! This whole situation will just add to the growing gap between the so-called muslim world and the west . If a minority of muslims want to follow a more orthodox (extreme) way , let them do so as it is their choice and it should be respected. But my respect has an end when someone tries to force something down my throat , especially in my own country.
i'll stop now as this (eventhough linked) is sliding towards something that is not the topic of this thread latest news

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Hvitserk]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join