It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange snowflakes on my hair...stars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I couldnt find the meaning of this anywhere so i am asking you here what you think this might mean.
I went out yesterday with my daughter in law and it was not a pleasant task. We were going to remove her deceased grandmothers clothing from her house. As we arrived at her home, it was snowing lightly and it took me a minute to get something out of the trunk.
As we were going into her house, my daughter in law gasped and she said"Look, stars all over your hair" I have long hair so i looked at the ends and sure enough the most perfectly formed "STARS" i had ever seen in my life.
Now i am used to snow, so is she. We never ever have seen anything like that.
Then before we went in her house a neighbor came over and he also said he had never seen anything like this.

Maybe i am reading too much into this, but i think it was some kind of message?

One more thing- I always think of good luck in terms of a "lucky star"

Could this be an omen? Thanks for your input

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dandraff maybe?

I'm joking.... Did you manage to get any pics or did they dissapear pretty quickly?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I might have known...No, it wasnt dandruff.

As soon as i went inside the overwhelmingly hot house they melted.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What do you mean by "stars"? Aren't all snowflakes starshaped.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Snowflakes come in these shapes:

Mine were perfect stars-

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Oh wow I see. That's weird.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Quite odd. A little research reveals:

All snow crystals have six sides. The six-sided shape of the ice crystal is because of the shape and bonding of the water molecules. Basically there are 6 different types of snow crystals: needles, columns, plates, columns capped with plates, dendrites and stars.

Source.

then I found this, which is in no way definitive:

the 120° crystal geometry of ice stems from the tetrahedral arrangement of electrons in the outer orbital shell of the Oxygen atom within each water molecule. Thus in order to get different numbers of points, one would have to crystalize something other than water.

Source.

Can you say Chemtrails? [I'm joking, I'm joking
]

Here is more info on snowflakes. Mostly 6 sided by the looks of it, I have also seen some reports of 8 sided flakes, but they always seem to be an even number of sides.

Anyway, I don't know, I just found your post quite interesting.

Cheers.

[edit on 5/12/05 by Implosion]

[edit on 5/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Implosion, that is very interesting and good information...If i hadnt seen it for myself i would have not beleived it- as i said i have long hair and not only were they 5 pointed stars but they were puffy.

I will keep searching and thank you for your help!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
No worries, I'm just posting because I'm bored. However, I have just found this:

[picture of snowflake with five points]
LOOK FOR THIS SNOWFLAKE - IT HAS MAGIC PROPERTIES

Source.

It looks to me like it's from The Principia Discordia

We're in trouble now.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I dunno, sounds to me like how snowflakes sorta get half-melted, they become a more solid shape and sort of sparkle/reflect more light. It basically goes from snow to ice to water in your hair in a split second. But you say that they were star-shaped, not just sparkled like stars so I dunno. Not much input I can give into that unless there were some close-up photographs or something.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Magical properties, huh? Thats all very interesting if one were to believe in such things, i will have to check further....

I know, i better buy a lottery ticket

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
We
are a tribe
of philosophers, theologians,
magicians, scientists,
artists, clowns,
and similar maniacs
who are intrigued
with
ERIS
GODDESS OF CONFUSION
and with
Her
Doings

Eris struck me?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We
are a tribe
of philosophers, theologians,
magicians, scientists,
artists, clowns,
and similar maniacs
who are intrigued
with
ERIS
GODDESS OF CONFUSION
and with
Her
Doings

Eris struck me?

I'd like to say I haven't seen star shaped snowflaks yet
I've seen starglitter thrown in the air from a cihld and they yell look its snowing )

On Eris - sweet if she tuched you

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I dunno, sounds to me like how snowflakes sorta get half-melted, they become a more solid shape and sort of sparkle/reflect more light. It basically goes from snow to ice to water in your hair in a split second. But you say that they were star-shaped, not just sparkled like stars so I dunno. Not much input I can give into that unless there were some close-up photographs or something.
Thank you for your input. They were just simple stars..five pointed stars..perfectly formed.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You were taking care of the clothing of a deceased loved one. The pentacle is a simble of the endless knot, that life always goes on. This could be a sign to help you to believe in the powers of the universe. It is also the sign for the four elements and the spirit, the tie between us and the powers of the universe.

All is not always as it seems...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Were their other "star" snowflakes about, other than your hair? If not, surely an omen, and a very personal one at that.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Being more of a sciencey type person, not one to believe in omens as such, it does seem to fit the story that a loved one, recently passed away showing you they are ok, by manipulating the enviroment around the person, aka you (i would think it was you because your daughter in law could see the apparent "sign" on you much better) by some unknown force, manipulating the snowflakes around you so theyre bigger, and unique, thus a noticable "sign".

Also, could you draw them for us? Lol im one of those people who finds this account really sweet, fitting into the description "i want to believe"
So i hope you're not pulling our legs

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Shadow 88, no i am not making this up. I never would. I promise you it all happened the way i said word for word. I was just out with my daughter in law again and we were talking about it, and she thinks it was her grandmother, and it was a manifestation that happened to me so she and others could see it, to let us know , rather THEM know (I hardly knew the woman, only saw her a few times) that she was around and sent her love.

OR its more personal, and i just have to figure out what it is. I have a good feeling about it.
As i mentioned, sometimes i envision a lucky star shape enveloping me, for some reason. I dont know why i've done it

Anyway, they were all screaming "OMG, you have stars on your hair"

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is SO cool dgt. Thanks for sharing.

My scientist personality asks, "OMG! What chemicals were in the snow?!" She says you should run tests. btw implosion - Great info.

My mystic personality says, "Of course. It was a message. Predictable, beautiful. Enjoy. But don't seek personal gain."

The rest of my personalities are hedging their bets.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You lucky girl!!! Stars fell from the heavens unto your hair and you're questioning why?

Don't question it, just accept it and count yourself blessed. Someone or something wanted to make its presence and power known to you. Perhaps you have been living life too seriously and someone above wants you to look upwards and count the stars or make a wish.

Personally I would interpret this as a good sign, you must be doing something right in life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join