It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology's Secret New Mexico Compound With Giant Symbol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The so called Church of scientology has apparently constructed a a elaborate undercround bunker to store the works of L. Ron Hubbard. Aparently they are to be stored in steel lined tunnels and are engraved on SS, or etched onto titanuim and can be played with a solar powered turn table. They feel that the bunker can survive a nuclear blast and that after such a calamity the L Rons words will be more important than ever. Yeah right the first thing Im gonna do after WWIII is fire up the solar powered Dianetics tablet. Check out the detail in the second satelite shot

The location:
Map with Symbol

An Even Better view of The Symbols

The Washington Post Article

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Another interesting site about purported projects

www.lermanet.com...

These guys are like moles.

In order to better guarantee the preservation of the scientology
scriptures against large scale disasters, a variety of vault sites
have to be established. Therefore, in northern California a
horizontal underground vault has been constructed in addition to the
Mile High and the New Mexico facilities. This additional vault consists
of two levels, each 372 feet long, which are covered up with 30 feet
of earth. This facility, too, is designed to remain safe and accessible
for 1,000 years without maintenance. The uniquely segmented structure
can withstand earthquakes of up to 8.5 Richeter magnitude without
rupture. Each of the 542 segments was individually constructed of 8
inch thick high-strength concrete completely encased with a 1/4 inch
thick, continuously welded steel plate. When assembled, the vault
segments formed over 55.8 linear miles of joints which were bolted
together and sealed with material allowing for utmost flexibility.
this construction, which took one year to design, was created by
IGSS Inc.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And after I thought that Scientology could get no wierder!

This even beets the contactee cults in California with the UFO landing sites. At least the contactees are harmless and mellow.

This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a cult like the branch Davidians............

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
CNN.com has a video news report up about this. You can watch it here:

Streaming video, and may not play with a pop-up blocker on. Broadband required.

Video Link

Until watching that video yesterday, I had never heard or seen anything about these circles before.

What a strange group.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Gazz,

I saw the CNN report Sunday and then did a little poking around on the internet.

Its interesting that several pilots refused to fly the crew over the compound after getting calls from the Church.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes, and what about that this could be used for “reincarnated members” to return as extra terrestrials?

In reading more about the church of scientology, and more about how they recruit and keep celebrities it is even more shocking.

I am not sure how valid the claims are that are made on the following page, however it is a compelling read...

www.factnet.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All I can say is that I strongly recommend NOT drinking any beverage at any scientology Function......................especially if everyone is wearing white track suits and Nikes.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think we also need to remember that L. Ron was terrified and paranoid about atomic/nuclear holocaust scenarios. He was completely obsessed with it. When he wrote dianetics and then the scientology um "scriptures" during the fifties and sixties(even up to his death in the eighties) the whole cold war nuclear armageddon paranoia scenario and all these fears were reflected in L. Rons writings, scientology in the end is a dooms day cult. I would think these vaults are more likely fallout shelters for the chosen few who will emerge and clear the planet for a better tomorrow.

The purification rundown was specifically developed by hubbard to cleanse the body of radioactive hibberdy flibberty floating around your body...as well as all that other stuff. His fascination with Niacin is also due to his hard on for radioactive contamination.

IMO of course and as always...please don't sue me.

Heres a fun little bed side read:

www.amazon.com...

Klatu Barata Nikto my babies.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi again kids,

Forgot to add these:

A link to Scientology symbols including a symbol for COST

en.wikipedia.org...

Basic COS cross:

altreligion.about.com...

Information on COST the Church of Spiritual Technology probably out of date it's over 12 years old but it's the most unbiased thing I could find:

home.earthlink.net...

another page on COST:

www.lermanet.com...

and another link:

www.skeptictank.org...

Happy hunting

SPiderj

Cug

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well I'm the last person in the world to spout off about how "weird" some religion is so I'll just shut up there.

But I will say that in a way this is a good idea for them. If Jesus was a figure of the recent past I dare say that someone would think his words were of significant importance to preserve and that they might come up with something similar. We used something like this on Voyager but with instructions on how to make a record player. Personally I can think of no better place to stick it than something like a well marked bomb shelter.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I get the impression from this thread that people think the Scientologists are a bit strange for building underground facilities.
This method of storage is used by major corporations, governments and anyone that wants a secure place to store valuable records. Film stock is stored down below along with computer data and paper files.

Does that make them crazy????? No it does not.....

www.archives.gov...

www.uvsinc.com...

History of Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain has come a long way since the 50's, when a depleted iron ore mine in upstate New York was converted to the United States' first secure underground records storage center designed to protect corporate vital records in the event of a nuclear holocaust. Since that time, while the motivation for records storage and management services has changed, Iron Mountain's commitment to store, manage, and protect records, documents, and electronic data has not wavered. Most recently, the Company earned its spot on the Fortune 1000 list.

www.ironmountain.com...

I hear those wacky oil companies even store NG in old salt mines, those crazy multinationals. I wonder if Shell Oil has a symbol near their sights???

I think the Catholics store some stuff underground to. Very wierd... :shk:

Just because a Scientologist digs a hole to keep some records in, that's no reason to bash the church.
The CoS also has a tunnel under this street in Los Angeles that is filled with auditing folders. I was in there about 20 years ago. (some pretty interesting reading in that little tunnel)

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't mind the ones that look like two Chinese coins or the Newlywed Game, but to poach the Christian cross like that it pretty low in my opinion. Not sure what the Golden Dawn are doing with it necessarily but from what I hear, it at least has something to do with Christ.

I'd like to present three quotes to consider:

"I found the following in books about Hubbard and Scientology: "Whenever he was talking about being hard up he often used to say that he thought the easiest way to make money would be to start a religion." -- reporter Neison Himmel: quoted in Bare Faced Messiah p.117 from 1986 interview. Himmel shared a room with LRH, briefly, Pasadena, fall 1945.

"I always knew he was exceedingly anxious to hit big money - he used to say he thought the best way to do it would be to start a cult." -- Sam Merwin, then the editor of the Thrilling SF magazines: quoted in Bare Faced Messiah p.133 from 1986 interview. Winter of 1946/47.

"Around this time he was invited to address a science fiction group in Newark hosted by the writer, Sam Moskowitz. `Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous,' he told the meeting. `If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion.' -- Bare Faced Messiah p.148. Reference given to LA Times, 27 Aug 78. Supposed to have happened in spring 1949. "

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Give me back my cross!
I don't mind the ones that look like two Chinese coins or the Newlywed Game, but to poach the Christian cross like that it pretty low in my opinion.

Which cross is your cross?
The symbol of the cross has been around a lot longer than Christianity and is not owned by the Christians.

The Scientology cross has 8 points that represent the 8 dynamics of life.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Which cross is your cross?
The symbol of the cross has been around a lot longer than Christianity and is not owned by the Christians.

I should start a psychic network, 'cause I knew this response was coming. We'll start from the beginning. Okay, yes, the cross had existed before Christ came to earth. Ask any B.C. Roman, I'm sure they can verify for us. HOWEVER, it began the meaning for the resurrected and living Christ after his resurrection. In A.D. (anno domini, in the year of our Lord) about ~30 something. From that point on, the cross had been a distinguishing mark for Christians (see the Epistles) whereas before it held no singular religious meaning in the configuration it is represented today. To maintain that current configuration that denotes the resurrected and living saviour's overcoming of death and gift of eternal life as something different is what is called, "misrepresentation". Like buying a carton that says "milk" and it being cement, one has been sold the wrong product, used for a different purpose and might I add is quite unhealthy to ingest. If my analogy seems off, feel free to bump it up against Jesus' description of the "living water" in the gospels. I'm not here to create a new message, but to deliver the one as instructed. Not to force anyone to believe anything, cram any thoughts into anyone else's head, nor use "mind-control powers" to subdue the masses. If anyone wants to receive the free (which seems contrary to L. Ron's product) gift of eternal life, then send U2U for details.

The Scientology cross has 8 points that represent the 8 dynamics of life.

Good for them. Let them make their own symbol. "Their" cross is clearly not an original. If you think it is, I'll sell you a work by "Picasso" for 8 million dollars.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I get the impression from this thread that people think the Scientologists are a bit strange for building underground facilities.

I cant speak for everyone on this thread of course, but I don't think it's strange per se that the scientologists are building underground "storage faclities" for me it's the reason and the amount and size of these facilities.

Three underground facilities to hold the works of L. Ron Hubbard on disk.

You can actually buy most of L. Ron's stuff and the scientology stuff on cd now and the lectures as well. Also been available in cassette version for years.

Even if they recorded everyword L. Ron ever uttered on these disks it certainly wouldn't fill up three underground facilities.

Having said that, it's not the strangest thing they've ever done.

Spiderj

[edit on 12/6/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i'm split between the fact that i believe in freedom of faith and the whole history of this club , association name it but wouldn't call it a religion as such ...anyway as spiderj already mentionned , to build underground facilities like these for mere storage of a few dvd's worth of data (at max) ?????

hmmm don't know about you but it doesn't really sound like something plausible to me .

maybe they know something more than the rest of the population (they definitely do thanks to their wide and well organised intel network ) or they prepare some sort of "action" ( i admit this might be a bit far fetched) but it definitely would be a huge waste of money if only used for storing a few disks

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Hvitserk]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I think most people find them strange in the first place, and the fact that they want to make the inane ramblings of a third rate sci-fi author available for after a nuclear holocust just adds to it.

Does that make them crazy????? No it does not.....

No, it is the rest of their beliefs that make them crazy, such as:

...since Scientology teaches that billions of years ago octopus-like aliens dumped masses of major intergalactic criminals here on Earth, and that we’ve inherited the souls that were released when the blue squid vaporized these miscreants,

Or how about these questions taken from the internal Church of Scientology document labeled "HCO WW Sec Form 4":

1. Have you ever enslaved a population?
2. Have you ever debased a nation's currency?
3. Have you ever killed the wrong person?
4. Have you ever torn out someone's tongue?
5. Have you ever been a professional critic?
6. Have you ever wiped out a family?
7. Have you ever tried to give sanity a bad name?
8. Have you consistently practiced sex in some unnatural fashion?
9. Have you ever made a planet, or nation, radioactive?
10. Have you ever made love to a dead body?
11. Have you ever engaged in piracy?
12. Have you ever been a pimp?
13. Have you ever eaten a human body?
14. Have you ever given grits to a juvenile to eat?
15. Have you ever disfigured a beautiful thing?
16. Have you ever exterminated a species?
17. Have you ever been a professional executioner?
18. Have you given robots a bad name?
19. Have you ever set a booby trap?
20. Have you ever failed to rescue your leader?

Source: www.randi.org...

Everyone should try this at home.

Great opening question, I was like "no" them I remembered that I had enslaved a population a few years back! Damn, I felt silly.

Question 18: "Have you given robots a bad name?" made me laugh so hard I fell off my chair. Strangest though is amongst the questions asking you if are a pirate pimp who has sex with corpses and tears people's tongues out is this "Have you ever given grits to a juvenile to eat?"

Where did that come from?!?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I picked up a book out of curiosity by Ron L Hubbard a few years ago, and let me tell you, i couldnt make heads or tails out of it.

First i thought i was "lost in translation" and couldnt comprehend it because i am Spanish, then i gave it to a friend to read and she said SHE couldnt underatand it either.
Whatever it is, its whacky and its not a "religion" as the word implies.
As with anything , he does have followers. I'm sure he's getting ready for the end.
No doubt these people think "they" are the chosen ones.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Trementina Compound.
Started a discussion on that a while ago.
Didn't go very far, which I don't understand
because this is interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Questions originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Or how about these questions taken from the internal Church of Scientology document labeled "HCO WW Sec Form 4":

3. Have you ever killed the wrong person?
10. Have you ever made love to a dead body?
13. Have you ever eaten a human body?

Ya' gotta' wonder where they came up with these.
'Killed the wrong person'? So it's okay to kill someone
as long as they are the person you went gunning for
to begin with? These are frightening questions.

14. Have you ever given grits to a juvenile to eat?

What's with this one? I LOVE grits!! Always have.

20. Have you ever failed to rescue your leader?

Ahhhh. Now we are getting somewhere. The leaders expect
the rabble to give up their lives for them in difficult times. It
is VERY interesting that this question is here.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join