It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who fans !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
How many of you here are Followers of the good Doctor Let me know! The Eleventh Doctor!.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
me me me

i absolutely love doctor who, oh and the daleks as well

any idea when season 2 starts?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Abso-floggin'-lutely...

Unfortunately haven't had an opportunity to see the new series yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I've grown up with the Dr, awesome show

The new series was great, I hope the Daleks haven't been killed off for good though.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Showing your age, Rogue

Which Doctor did you grow up with?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I grew up watching Doctor Who on PBS. Havn't seen the newest doctor... want to.. but alas, America doesn't think it needs a british Genere show that has been around for 30+ years

Favorite is Tom Baker... in fact, as a kid I looked a lot like him and even had "The scarf" made for me

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Showing your age, Rogue

Which Doctor did you grow up with?

LOL, I'm not that old. They used to show them ( reruns ) on Channel 2 after school. I liked them all

PS. Channel 2 is showing all the old reruns again.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm wondering.. does anyone know if Romana is still meant to be in E space? The doctor is suppose to be the last time lord.

When the cricketer doc gets killed off thats when I usually stop watching the re-runs.. can't stand his replacement.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
NOt sure about Romana. I think he's swanning aroun with a gal called Teagan and some redhaired bloke.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
me me me

i absolutely love doctor who, oh and the daleks as well

any idea when season 2 starts?

'The Christmas Invasion is on 7pm on Christmas Day - everywhere you can get BBC 1, series 2 (or 28) starts around the then end of March.

dum de dum, dum de dum Whoooo-ooooooo dum de dum................

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Anyone want to inform an ignorant Yank what this show is about?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

LOL, I'm not that old. They used to show them ( reruns ) on Channel 2 after school. I liked them all

I grew up with first-runs of Tom Baker and Peter Davidson (the cricketing Doctor!) and repeats of Worzel, I mean, Jon Pertwee.

I'm telling you, the greatest hour television has ever seen was The Goodies followed by Doctor Who.

Hmm, anybody have the several hours it will take to explain this to AMM.

Short version, a wierd English-type who's actually from another planet travels through time in an old telephone box that comes only from the UK and battles a bunch of really wierd (and occasionally seriously dodgy) aliens, whitout ever seeming to pull the trigger himself.

Oh, and the best stories all featured a bunch of Squaddies with names like Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart and Sergeant Benton.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
.... really difficult to descrive "Doctor Who"

The basics is that "The Doctor" is of a race that has learn how to Manipulate time and space. Time Lords are the only ones allowed to travel.. which the Doctor is. The Doctor ran away from his home by stealing a T.A.R.D.I.S (Time and relitive dimensions in space) and traveling the cosmos righting wrongs and educating fellow compainsons about the universe

Doctor: Adric, I give you a privileged insight into the mystery of time, yes?
Adric: Yes...
Doctor: Opened your mind to adventures beyond imagining, yes?
Adric: Yes...
Doctor: And you criticize my logic!
Adric: No, I'm just saying that a lot of the time you don't really make sense.
Doctor: Ah. Oh, you've noticed that, have you?
Adric and the Doctor, in "The Keeper of Traken"

The Doctor is rather eccentric in the true British fashion, but allways manages to solve and deduce problems like a futuristic Sherlock Holmes. There is a lot of Tougne in cheek comedy, dry wit, and humor invovled much to the detreiment of the companions.

Doctor: I just put 1.795372 and 2.204628 together.
Romana: And what does that mean?
Doctor: Four! *ducks*
The Doctor and Romana, in "The Pirate Planet"

You know, K9, sometimes I think I'm wasted, just rushing around the universe saving planets from destruction. With a talent like mine, I might have been a great slow bowler.

The Doctor, in "The Horns of Nimon"

top topics

join