It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X hits earth again 2012

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Your kidding right? If we did that we would have to close half the topics on ATS

Haha good point.

But they arent hunting a specific object. Brown Dwarfs are a pretty new phenomenen, so obviously astronomers are going to be interested in them. The whole planet x thing was actually invented as fiction by stitchin in the 70's. Its like when war of the worlds was broadcast. People get paranoid over nothing, and then when the date passes and planet x doesnt arrive, people invent new dates. Its been happening for a decade now with planet x

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

But they arent hunting a specific object.

And you are sure of this? Not like they would come out and say... "Hey folkes we need a few hundred million to buy some equipment to look for Nibiru... just in case "

Its like when war of the worlds was broadcast. People get paranoid over nothing,

Well not quite nothing... you forget in those days we had only radio... and people BELIEVED what was on the radio... so if you happened to miss the strategically 'hidden' announcements that this was a radio play....

Its also interesting to note that the number of people who committed suicide over that seems to have vanished from the records

It is also one of the factors mentioned as NASA and others reason for not telling us what's going on... they don't want a repeat

[edit on 23-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

And you are sure of this?

Yeah, quite sure. There is absolutely no reason why NASA would deliberately withhold information regarding a stellar companion of the Sun, and no way of hiding the existence of a large planet on a trajectory that would take it through the asteroid belt.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Yeah, quite sure. There is absolutely no reason why NASA would deliberately withhold information regarding a stellar companion of the Sun,

Well I can think of one reason....

NASA is working for the NWO that knows the end is near and they have been building bases on the Moon to act as a way station to take the elite to Mars when al heck breaks out on Earth... Wouldn't want any info to get out too soon huh? Might have a rush on those get away ships

But I didn't say NASA is with holding that info... though they aren't going out of their way to keep YOU informed

And for this reason the Universe invented "Google" (who comes up with names like this
)

Evidence Mounts For Companion Star To Our Sun

The Binary Research Institute (BRI) has found that orbital characteristics of the recently discovered planetoid, "Sedna", demonstrate the possibility that our sun might be part of a binary star system. A binary star system consists of two stars gravitationally bound orbiting a common center of mass.

Star Systems Hint at Possibility of Sun's Nemesis

[edit on 24-1-2008 by zorgon]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

And for this reason the Universe invented "Google" (who comes up with names like this
)

Well, e.g. Ms. Milton Sirotta, at the age of 9, in 1920 ...

en.wikipedia.org...

... followed by a spelling mistake by Larry Page and Sergey Brin:

daily.stanford.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by z-bar

Well, e.g. Ms. Milton Sirotta, at the age of 9, in 1920 ...

en.wikipedia.org...

... followed by a spelling mistake by Larry Page and Sergey Brin:

daily.stanford.org...

** Sigh **

And on this rests the future of mankind...

Then toss in a few subliminal programing techniques into Ipods and....

:shk:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
just to add the story...

www.astronomy.com...
www.channel4.com...

it really is a game of cosmic dodgeball!.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
lol, the only thing thats going to happen on 2012 is the doomsayers are going to say "The earth will end in the year 2021"

And so on...

and so forth...

Hahhaha I agree

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

Hahhaha I agree

I don't

Sitchin has already changed the date to 2084

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow! After all I'd read..... what with the whole 2012 was based on a rare (every 5000 years or so) Galactic alignment. Having to do with the Earth aligning at a key point in the sky with the center of the Milky Way. All that was to end is the epoch we are currently in.

I guess doom and gloom makes the waves and draws attention but I didn't read or understand it to mean "Put your head between your knees and kiss your A@@ goodbye"

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think humanity will become extinct due to some event , but this planet will be around for thousands of years more- so I dont beleive that the planet will be cut in half and we're going to go tumbling off somewhere.

Even if it does, i will still have various "me's" in other parallel universes.

Or do we first stop at the moon to see the "Soul Collector"???

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skidz
Galactic alignment. Having to do with the Earth aligning at a key point in the sky with the center of the Milky Way. All that was to end is the epoch we are currently in.

Actually we crossed the plane of the galaxy quite some time ago and are moving away from the rim... so the "alignment" is not physical but of astrological significance. It appears we bob up and down through the rim like a cork... going 250 light years either side of center

From the book: _Guide to the Galaxy_, 1994; Henbest and Couper; Cambridge University Press.

The Sun is moving towards Lambda Herculis at 20 kilometers per second or 12 miles per second. Or in units "per hour": 72,000 kilometers per hour or 45,000 miles per hour. This speed is in a frame of rest if the other stars were all standing still.

The three-dimensional picture of the Sun's movement through the Galaxy is a little more complicated.

The Sun is moving upwards, out of the plane of the Milky Way, at a speed of 7 kilometers per second. Currently the Sun lies 50 light-years above the mid-plane of the galaxy, and its motion is steadily carrying it further away.

But the gravitational pull of the stars in the Galactic (Milky Way) plane is slowing down the Sun's escape. The astronomer Frank Bash estimates that in 14 million years the sun will reach its maximum height above the Galactic disk. From that 250 light-year position, it will be pulled back towards the plane of the Galaxy. Passing through, it will travel to a point 250 light-years below the disk, then oscillate upwards again to reach its present position 66 million years from now. We crossed the plane 2 million years ago. We are currently in the thick of the galactic disk and our view of distant regions is largely blocked by dust but 10-20 million years from now, our motion will allow a full view of our starry galaxy.

Stanford U

From a study page
What is the speed of the Earth
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nasa says there is no evidence and that nibiru planet x does not exist and there is no such thing as nibiru planet x.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodboy447
Nasa says there is no evidence and that nibiru planet x does not exist and there is no such thing as nibiru planet x.

Would be nice to know how you knew that

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

IS planet x really going to hit earth? is this thing real I mean im paraiod to my knees and very scared.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Nibiru (Planet X) does not exist. It is a myth. You do not need to worry about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Nibiru (Planet X) does not exist. It is a myth. You do not need to worry about it.
If there was a planet x nibiru on collision course with earth they would have shown it on the news.

and NASA says it is a hoax look
nai.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i think it's bs like NASA says. i think it's had it's course being debunked over and over again...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

All these newbie one liner experts...

Amazing...

NASA NEVER has made any comments on Internet conspiracies or anomalies... so why are they so set on calling THIS one a Hoax while making preparations to take the elite off world when all heck breaks loose?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

NASA NEVER has made any comments on Internet conspiracies or anomalies... so why are they so set on calling THIS one a Hoax

I'd hardly call a one line answer to a common question being 'so set on calling THIS one a Hoax'

...while making preparations to take the elite off world when all heck breaks loose?

They're not. Although you may choose to believe otherwise.

A better question might be: why are some people so set on persuading others that Nibiru is real and threatens life on Earth, when they have precisely no evidence for it's existence? What do they have to gain?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join