It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwanese Pro-Independance Party Losing People's faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
english.people.com.cn...

I hope that certain people take this into account when considering what the people on Taiwan may or may not want, and take it into account when considering what they believe is the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
english.people.com.cn...

I hope that certain people take this into account when considering what the people on Taiwan may or may not want, and take it into account when considering what they believe is the future.

Leave it to the Chinese media to completely misconstrue the meaning behind Taiwan's election results. The message from Taiwan's people isn't to have closer ties with China. When that was a bigger issue earlier this year, the pan-Greens had their biggest ever victory in the National Assembly elections. Since that election, the Greens have been hammered over the head by the Pan-Blue media with corruption allegations, none of which have been proven yet. The message from the people was to clean up government, NOT to have closer relations with China. Taiwanese people didn't accept a referendum last year to have talks with China.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Excuse me, but unlike Hitler's favorite quote "How fortunate for governments that the people are stupid" this in reality isn't the case. I'm certain the for those living and voting in Taiwans electorial system they know FULL WELL who their voting for, you don't buy a cow to get just the milk, you get it also for the meat.

Or another anology is that you don't buy a car to look at it, you bought it to drive it.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
Excuse me, but unlike Hitler's favorite quote "How fortunate for governments that the people are stupid" this in reality isn't the case. I'm certain the for those living and voting in Taiwans electorial system they know FULL WELL who their voting for, you don't buy a cow to get just the milk, you get it also for the meat.

Or another anology is that you don't buy a car to look at it, you bought it to drive it.

Please explain why immediately following Lien and Soong's trips to China, the Pan-Greens won their biggest victory ever in the General Assembly elections?!? The fact is that Taiwan's electorate is weary about China. However, China was NOT the key issue in this election, alleged DPP corruption was. That was pounded on ad infinitum by the Pan-Blue media for weeks leading up to the election. You only rely on Hsinhwa and other Chinese news sources. However, I live here and I watch local news nearly every day. I have a far better idea of what is going on here than you do.

BTW, why are you and the other China apologists afraid of tacking this? politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 11-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I only browse through the forums now once in a while, utilizing mainly My ATS, i'll post a due reply when it is due.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Have you ever been to Taiwan?
I don't think so...
There are some real newspapers, no censorship and full information.
Taiwanese don't need a party of lunatics to think for them.
70% of taiwanese want to chose their future, and mainly, they don't think they are chinese at all.
Go to the south and you will see that lot of people are deep green and lot of them don't want to hear about chinese.
why?
- Because they are taiwanese
- because chinese , communists or KMT (228), killed so many taiwanese
- because chinese think they are smarter and are so snobish when their country got so many problem that they are not able to fix.
- because china got no right (official or moral) on Taiwan
- because china NEVER helped Taiwan and avoid other nations or ONG to help it (921 - sars ...)
- because chinese government lie on purpose. Ex: buy ( thx to KMT ) some fruits very cheap in Tw and sell them to chinese people to a very high price, telling that the money is to help Tw :shk:

Taiwan, love it or leave it... KMT, if you think that you are chinese, then go back home (china) and help people starving there...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Yes !!!
Thanks for this thread, it's a very good job.
I wish that all the taiwanese could know THEIR history, ( and not china's one) and think about who they are.
How many really know what is 228, what the KMT did to teachers, lawyers and intellectuals, that member of the government went in jail because they tried to protect democracy...
I wish there are more people like you, telling the truth and active, to give a real future to Formosa : Republic of Taiwan

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
have a look:
adventure..._kayak.tripod.com/kmt.jpeg
adventure..._kayak.tripod.com/yahoo.jpg
adventure..._kayak.tripod.com/google.jpg

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
about Taiwan :

members.shaw.ca...

about KMT and their new friends, they forget all the people dead for their ideas:

www.afterimagegallery.com...

The "three links" dilemma :

www.taiwandc.org...

Mao and the KMT: ( but KMT forget it)

news.bbc.co.uk...

About KMT going to visit china:

www.rfa.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The real face of KMT:

www.schwartzbooks.com...

KMT and PRC friendship?
www.movius.us...

Talking about peace:
www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Conference on "Searching for Taiwan's identity"
A third event commemorating the centennial of the Shimonoseki Treaty was a three-day international conference, organized by Freedom Times, a daily newspaper in Taiwan and the Academia Sinica. It was held in Taipei beginning on 16 April 1995.

Scholars from Taiwan, Japan and the United States, who met to discuss the treaty's impact on Taiwan's history, pointed out the treaty that ushered in the Japanese colonial period marked the starting point of modern Taiwanese history that saw the emergence of a new Taiwan identity totally separate from China. They also pointed out that during the more than hundred years of separate development, the people of Taiwan have created their own political, cultural and national identity and value systems and no longer identify with a feudalistic, backward and repressive China.

Prof. Chiu Chuei-liang of Queensland University in Australia pointed out that Taiwanese people's most remarkable achievement in the past 100 years is the advancement of human rights, freedom and democracy that will culminates in the direct presidential elections taking place next year. Prof. Chiu also emphasized the contrast between Taiwan and China: in less than 50 years since the February 28 incident of 1947, the people of Taiwan have built a free and democratic country, while China under successive communist leaders remains a repressive, corrupt and backward country.

The scholars also concluded that the legal status of Taiwan is still undetermined, because the Peace Treaty of San Francisco in 1952 stipulated that Japan formally ceded sovereignty over Taiwan, but that the future of the island would be determined "in accord with the charter and principles of the United Nations" -- i.e. self-determination. It is therefore up to the people in Taiwan to determine their own future.

The conference also had an important message for the Kuomintang authorities: Dr. Chang Fu-mei, a DPP-member of the National Assembly, stated: "For people living on Taiwan who are constantly told by the authorities that their roots are in China, it is important to know that it was China that 100 years ago gave up Taiwan -- forever."

[edit on 23-3-2006 by hsia]

top topics

join