It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman as Secretary of Defense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
On The Chris Matthews Show Andrew Sullivan said Rumsfeld is on his way out and the President is going to ask Democrat Joe Lieberman to take the helm at the Department of Defense.

I like Lieberman and think he'd be a good choice, but it seems like it'd be out of character for Bush to appoint a Democrat to such a high position.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Why would Bush appoint a Democrat?

I dont think the Bush admin would appoint anyone with common sense and who lives close to a harsh place called reality.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think it is totaly in character of Bush if he were to nominate Lieberman as Sec. of Defence. Bush seems to be concerned more with being liked and thought of as being fair when dealing with the Democrats. He has had his gloves off for too long now, never fighting back, and I don't see him putting them on anytime in the near future.

If it is true that Rumsfeld is on his way out, I wouldn't be surprised if Bush picked Lieberman, it would probably be a pretty good move.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
I think it is totaly in character of Bush if he were to nominate Lieberman as Sec. of Defence. Bush seems to be concerned more with being liked and thought of as being fair when dealing with the Democrats. He has had his gloves off for too long now, never fighting back, and I don't see him putting them on anytime in the near future.

Please sleep that off before getting behind the wheel of anything big today.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have no need to sleep anything off, in fact I slept rather well last night.

If there is any truth in the rumour that Rumsfeld might resign, we will have our answer soon enough.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
If there is any truth in the rumour that Rumsfeld might resign, we will have our answer soon enough.

Yep.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Joe Lieberman basically agrees with administration policy, but would bring some more credibility since no one would be able to say he'd be just a Bush yes-man. And if things get better in Iraq over the next few years, I bet Lieberman could keep the job into the next administration no matter whether a Democrat or Republican wins.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If Rumsfeld cuts and runs, I hope the President would stick with the Orwellian theme and recall "Brownie" for SOD. Makes better sense than Liberman.

new topics

top topics

join