It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic storage - Evidence of the Yellow Book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In regards to a ATSNN post (which is focusing on the technology, not aliens!):
www.atsnn.com...

There's a company about to release a new form of data storage - holographic discs.

Holographic-memory discs may put DVDs to shame

A computer disc about the size of a DVD that can hold 60 times more data is set to go on sale in 2006. The disc stores information through the interference of light – a technique known as holographic memory.

The discs, developed by InPhase Technologies, based in Colorado, US, hold 300 gigabytes of data and can be used to read and write data 10 times faster than a normal DVD. The company, along with Japanese partner Hitachi Maxell announced earlier in November that they would start selling the discs and compatible drives from the end of 2006.

"Unlike other technologies, that record one data bit at a time, holography allows a million bits of data to be written and read in parallel with a single flash of light," says Liz Murphy, of InPhase Technologies. "This enables transfer rates significantly higher than current optical storage devices."

www.newscientist.com...

The article also states that:

"Although holographic memory was first suggested in 1963, it has failed to find commercial success so far."

So the technology was available in some form in 1963?

About the Yellow Book:

The Yellow Book is reported to be a physical record of the communications from an extraterrestrial, who was recovered from a downed UFO and kept in custody by MJ-12, before he died several years later. This extraterrestrial was called EBE-1. A second extraterrestrial is reported to be currently in custody under MJ-12, and she is called EBE-2, but BT calls her Charlene. She is the actual author of the Yellow Book.

The Yellow Book is reported to actually be a sort of holographic compact disk, which can project images of the information it contains. It is alleged to contain references to Biblical events, even including a holographic depiction of the crucifixion of Christ.

www.trunkerton.fsnet.co.uk...

I'm not sure on the exact date that the Yellow Book was ment to have been found, but the 1960's does sound pretty close.

Could this be technology which has come from space and was sat on for what ever reason?

Why was it rejected in the 60's and not put into practise so 40 years later we wouldn't just be talking about releasing the first type of holographic storage?

Will it evolve into a 3D holographic system of storage that we see on Star Wars and other Sci-Fi movies?

More importantly, is this proof that the Yellow Book could actually be a real item that has been obtained from an Alien source?

It's always going to be speculation of what the Yellow Book contains and disinfo is rife in regards to the content - but this is edging us closer to proof that technology could exist in the fashion of what the Yellow Book is ment to be.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think they're talking about two different things -- one is a dvd-like device that projects actual holograms that you can view. The other is a device that uses holograms as a storage media.

It does make you wonder though... now we have dvd's that can hold 30gb... a civilization a only a few hundred years in advance of us could have a dvd that would hold the collective history of all mankind and be able to display it in mid-air as a hologram. Makes you wonder whether it's truly inconceivable that such a civilation has found a way to traverse the vast distances of the galaxy. Hmm.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
I think they're talking about two different things -- one is a dvd-like device that projects actual holograms that you can view. The other is a device that uses holograms as a storage media.

It does make you wonder though... now we have dvd's that can hold 30gb... a civilization a only a few hundred years in advance of us could have a dvd that would hold the collective history of all mankind and be able to display it in mid-air as a hologram. Makes you wonder whether it's truly inconceivable that such a civilation has found a way to traverse the vast distances of the galaxy. Hmm.

Oh yeah i'm well aware that the "Yellow Book" projects the hologram like on Star Wars for example and the discs being sold are just flat storage using holographic light.

But what's interesting is that this holographic form of data collection, which is based on pinpointed light was around in form in 1963 but it's only now being adapted for a commercial market - over 40 years later!

Why did we even go thru Vinyl, 8-track, cassett tapes (cas-singles haha), Compact Discs, DVD - and all the variations inbetween when in 1963 we already had enough of an understanding of using light to store data?

Where did that information come from? Even 1963 pre-dates Star Wars and Star Trak where you could use the logic that sci-fi spured technological advancements.

They reckon that they already can hold 1.6 terabytes (1600 gig) on these new discs, they are only releasing the 300 gig version next year.

This just seems like the first step towards something which will be standard in the near future but which a couple years ago would of seemed outlandish.
(I remember getting one of the first 1gig harddrives in the mid 90's thinking we'll never fill that up - a good game at the time was around 5 floppys in size, now i have better games on my mobile phone and a PC with 600gb of crap on it!)

That alone is pretty interesting but add to that the rumors of the Yellow Book and this technology being available in 1963 and we have a situation where, for some reason, technology has been supressed and shelved for a much more primative method.

Why did we have to go throu 2x, 4x, 6x burners when we know now that anything over 48x is too fast. Why didn't we go straight to 48x? Why didn't we just go straight to DVD?
This seems like a similar thing in which the technology will BOOM so quickly that it will seem like a fresh invention and the monthly advancements are due to it's demand, when infact it's been around for over 40 years prior!

This is inlines with what The Disclosure Project is all about, the fact that technology that has come from space, UFOs and even Aliens, has been supressed and held back from the population simply for capitalistic gain to create a pecking order of a few controlling the many, even thou the technology could easily make for a better, fairer more peaceful world.

I know these are only storage mediums but it's another piece in the puzzle.
What else could of existed 40 years ago in which we are anticipating in our future?

Why should i buy a bloody new X-Box this Christmas when in 2 years they'll probably be using 300gig discs for the games?? Although that's funny when you think about it, deep down it is a very serious question as to why the public is being drip-feed technology.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Why was it rejected in the 60's and not put into practise so 40 years later we wouldn't just be talking about releasing the first type of holographic storage?

Holographic memory was not invented/perfected in 1963, it was merely theorized to be possible.

Take a look at this article: www.economist.com...

"THE notion of holographic memory dates back to 1963, when Pieter van Heerden, a researcher at Polaroid, first proposed using the method to store data in three dimensions. In theory, it is a great idea. Existing media store data in only two dimensions. Adding a third would make storage devices far more efficient. But despite massive spending over four decades, a complete, general-purpose system that could be sold commercially has eluded both industrial and academic researchers.

It is still elusive. But it is getting closer. The first commercial holographic memory should be on the market next year, and more are expected to follow. When that happens, there may be a ballooning of computer storage capacity that will make existing disks look like leaflets compared with the Encyclopaedia Britannica."

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by enhancedesign

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Holographic memory was not invented/perfected in 1963, it was merely theorized to be possible.

Take a look at this article: www.economist.com...

That's in our reality thou as we know the world, not in the reality of the groups who are reverse engineering Alien technology and keeping it from the market intentionally in order to control the development of the world.

I wonder what info could be obtained on Pieter van Heerden? Who he was? Any groups he belong too? Other things he was involved in? Any government work etc? A quick google search only references the same line about him theorizing the Holographic idea, he might not even exist
!

The Disclosure Project makes it clear and has evidence of us reverse engineering UFOs and understanding the technology involved in creating anti-gravity through the vacuum of space as early as the 50's but in the scientific world that we are all privelaged to live in even today - that's still only a "theory" - we know we need to remove the need for oil but for some reason we still won't or 'cant' develop alternatives, instead we're blowing up the Middle East because we're still stuck on an out of date form of energy in which the lack of developing an alternative is directly responsable for the world heading down the drain fast for the sake and benefit of a few.

I mean, the Yellow Book is only a theory aswell and might not exist but it's interesting that both could be related and we're only now being 'blessed' with the technology actually becoming commercial and only because we've evolved to that point by making trillions for the technological industry by going through all the other formats first.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Shroud,

It seems that you've answered your original question in your last post: this technology wasn't released in order to profit from 40+ years of research and development of such technology.

I am familiar with The Disclosure Project as well and agree that the Yellow Book may have been the inspiration and source of holographic memory.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Having the technology doesn't always mean that it is manufacturable for a consumer product. I think sometimes it takes industry time to catch up to technology, and that's why advancement is gradual. There is no sense in having a zillion gig hard drive, if the hard drive is too slow, or if software only uses a fraction of the memory.

Personally, I think technology is advancing too fast for my taste. Just when I get used to something, it's obsolete.

Does anyone know if any parts of the Yellow book were released in text? I have looked but have only found descriptions of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I would say that the stuff about keeping back technology for profit is definetly true!

I heard that the price of TFT monitors was kept artificially high so that the manufacturers could sell off their surplus stock of CRT screens!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a holographic depiction of the crucifixion? now, didnt Milton William Cooper say something like this? and him being the tragic case he was, we cannot tell what he says thats true and false and all that, so id say that this is maybe related to him and his 'beliefs'

new topics

top topics

join