It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Planes Landing in Canada...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is quite interesting.

A mysterious Twin Otter plane owned by an alleged CIA front turned up in northern Ontario this fall, raising unanswered questions about why it was there.

It's the latest twist in a perplexing saga of aircraft controlled by apparent shell companies of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

Flight data obtained by The Canadian Press indicates the DeHavilland DHC-6-300 aircraft landed in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., in early October after taking off from Michigan's Jackson County Airport.

From there, the 22-seat turboprop made the short trip to the airport just southwest of the hamlet of Bar River, Ont.

A Bar River airport official said he does not discuss planes that use the facility out of respect for customers' privacy.

"I suggest you don't pursue this any further," said the official, who asked not to be named.

"I have no knowledge of any CIA aircraft."

AKA I know exactlly what you are talking about.

U.S.
Federal Aviation Administration records show the aircraft, with tail number N6161Q, is registered to Aviation Specialties, Inc., one of seven firms identified by the Times as CIA proprietaries.

The address of the difficult-to-trace company is an anonymous Washington post office box.

The plane is among at least seven aircraft owned by alleged CIA front companies that have landed at Canadian airports, including three in Newfoundland and one in Nunavut, during the last six months, according to flight data.

Quite interesting. Very weird places to land... I mean, Nunavut, Newfoundland, the hamlet of Bar River?

Concern has focused on reports some of the planes may have been transporting terrorist suspects to foreign prisons.

Well that would be why they would want it to be secret, but why the random landing spots. I mean, its not like all of them are close together.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh, one more interesting thing in the article:

The plane has reportedly been to Nevada, Afghanistan, Egypt,
Iraq, Malta and an airport in Shannon, Ireland.

So what is the connection?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Dulcimer...if you can get a Toronto Sunday Star, you should...there's quite a long story in it today concerning those planes.

I thought I'd mention it since it's still Sunday.

Incredible...the story, by Tim Harper, is called 'Ghost Flights Over Canada'
and the bi-line is; Cia-watchers say private planes registered to phony American companies are spiriting suspected terrorists off to be tortured in secret prisons.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What is the torturing based on? Did anyone actually see any prisoners or anyone aboard these planes at all? Maybe these planes were just transporting regular people. I usually hate assumptions so I try getting at the bare bone of things, the facts.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here is a good question for some of you:
If the US is doing as is so being claimed, would not the governments that are allowing such CIA torture planes to land be complicit in such endeavors?

On a side not of interest, which could ultimately boil down to such being asked of these alleged CIA torture planes:
Romania demands proof of CIA prisons allegations

Romania has asked Human Rights Watch for detailed evidence to support the campaign group's allegations that the Balkan country may have hosted secret CIA prisons, Foreign Minister Razvan Ungureanu said on Sunday. Last month, the U.S.-based group pointed to Romania, which hopes to join the European Union in 2007, and Poland as possible sites where the United States may have held prisoners in secret. Both countries have denied the allegations, while Washington has neither confirmed nor denied the existence of secret jails.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
now there's one that's impossible to answer. drugs, terrorist prisoners, slaves...I'd say few know for sure & they aint tellin'. you can probably bet that it is illegal, immoral & unethical!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I further ran across this mention in another article concerning Rice and her visit to Europe:

While she is not expected to confirm or deny the existence of the sites, she will suggest that anything the CIA does has the approval of host governments.

Rice to claim Euro backing for CIA prisons

"Anything the CIA does" would also imply these ghost flights of CIA torture planes.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

here is the link again if anyone missed it!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We cant even find out for ourselves.

The Bloc Quebecois has repeatedly pressed the Canadian government for details about the alleged CIA flights, accusing the Liberals of hiding information.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph0b0s
What is the torturing based on? Did anyone actually see any prisoners or anyone aboard these planes at all? Maybe these planes were just transporting regular people. I usually hate assumptions so I try getting at the bare bone of things, the facts.

All I'm doing is pointing out a story in one of Canada's main newspap ers.

On the link, left side, click 'world'...this brings you to the story.

Edit to enter name of newspaper, The Toronto Star, Sunday edition

[edit on 4-12-2005 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here is a website for the Bar River airport location.

I guess they needed a tune up...

www.skyservices.ca...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Okay, why is anyone surprised at this stuff happening? I'm not. The CIA is up to it's usual "Black Bag" tricks. Yes, I agree...if another country is letting them take "terrorists" out of our country, & torturing them in theirs, then they're a willing participant by not stopping them. This is kinda like Peter Parker not stopping the thief that stole from the wrestling promoter, & because of his non-action, Uncle Ben got killed.

With great power, comes great responsibility. Except that's not how our Federal Government sees it...the old adage..."Power corrupts, & absolute power corrupts absolutely" comes to mind.

Lke I said before, this isn't anything different, just they now seen to have gotten sloppy about it, & let people see it, & then let those people who've seen it actually live afterwards.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Also, how do issues like these work when our government is on the campaign trail?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't know. Hell, how do we know there aren't black prisons in some godforsaken part of the Territories?

Given the election, let's get a quick breakdown of the players:

-The Conservatives, who are utterly incompetent, barely coherent as a party, and have a marked devotion to subsuming Canadian interests to American ones.

-The Liberals, who lie out every orifice they have.

-The NDP, dedicated to making a plebian utopia and crushing large bussiness interests.

-The Bloc, who are pandering to anyone who speaks French.

-The Green, who really don't count at all.

Well, at least we have our choice of liars. Takes picking one's poison to a new extreme. I would figure the three smaller parties have no idea of what's going on. The liberals are probably shredding documents like nuts at the moment, and the Conservatives have absolutely no objection to any improprieties that may be taking place.

You are sometimes a tad optimistic, Dulcimer.

DE

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
CIA planes are also landing in Sweden!!

They got caught on film by a group of young 'planspotters'

There have been numerous sightings during recent time!!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It seems these planes are turning up everywhere...

BBC new: CIA planes in Germany

The CIA is using the Ramstein Airbase, the largest American military airbase in Europe, and the Rhein-Main Airbase in Frankfurt for their secret stopovers.

German authorities had believed the US government had halted such illegal CIA flights, according to the newspaper.

In other related news, the daily Berliner Zeitung reported Friday 85 CIA planes touched down on Frankfurt's Rhein-Main Airbase between 2002 and 2004

Germany demands explanations

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Whats the KGB or Mossad up too? MI6??? Good Lord..this is the real world and without covert agencys alot more crap would be happening to us. Sure, there are roques and bad op's but thats life. I'd be willing to bet that the KGB in current Russia is doing alot more interesting things than our pathetic CIA

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There were around 300 Flights that Landed in Europe, operated by the CIA, the Guardian Reports.

The transatlantic row over the secret transfer of terror suspects by the Bush administration took a new twist yesterday when it emerged that more than 300 flights operated by the CIA had landed at European airports.

The Guardian's survey of flight logs taken from 26 CIA planes reveals a far higher level of activity than previously known. The CIA visited Germany 96 times. Britain was second with more than 80 flights by CIA-owned planes, although when charter flights are added the figure rises to more than 200. France was visited just twice and neutral Austria not at all, according to the logs, which also reveal regular trips to eastern Europe, including 15 visits to the Czech capital Prague.

Basicly CIA is Allowed to Land their Torture Planes Everywhere.

Here is a List of CIA Owned/Operated Planes, if you live next to an Airport.

Related ATS threads:
CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret "Black Site" Prisons
Secret cia planes in Portugal?
C.I.A. Expanding Terror Battle Under Guise of Charter Flights
Aboard Air-CIA
Air America II: The CIAs Ghost Civilian Airline: "Premier Executive Transport Service Inc"

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If I were in charge of "spinning" the use of 3rd - nation torture facilities, this is exactly what I'd do:

Leave a trail from the CIA's Langley, Virginia home office that leads to some "shell companies."

Have the shells rent small airplaines, big enough to transport prisoners.

Fly them into and out of some real hellhole countries where I'm torturing people (Turkmanistan, etc.). Then after I've dropped off prisoners and hosed out the gore from the airplanes,

I'd fly to a lot of states with a transparent press and a lot of human rights activism; ie., Canada, Sweden, etc.

When it became obvious that we're not torturing people in Sweden and Canada, I'd go on meet the press and say, "those reports of ferrying detainees to alleged prison camps have been proven to be false by your own network, Mr. Russert. . . ."

See? That was easy, too.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Being a pilot that has flown the twin otter before I have issues with some claims in this post:

Here is the ACTUAL number for the plane:

Type: deHavilland DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
Seats: 18
Range: 800 miles max.
Primary Use: Scheduled Service & Private Charters

Her are some claims made in this thread and in the newspaper.

The plane has reportedly been to Nevada, Afghanistan, Egypt,
Iraq, Malta and an airport in Shannon, Ireland.

My concern is, how is the plane with tail number n6161q getting to all of these places when it has to land every 800 miles (700 + reserve) to refuel?

Something a bit fishy here.

- One Man Short ®

top topics

<<   2 >>

join