It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence of U.S. Torturing Prisoners to Death Ignored by Corporate Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Military autopsy reports provide indisputable proof that detainees are being tortured to death while in US military custody. Yet the US corporate media are covering it with the seriousness of a garage sale for the local Baptist Church.

Common Dreams News Center

A recent American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) posting of one of forty-four US military autopsy reports reads as follows: "Final Autopsy Report, (Detainee) Died as a result of asphyxia (lack of oxygen to the brain) due to strangulation as evidenced by the recently fractured hyoid bone in the neck and soft tissue hemorrhage extending downward to the level of the right thyroid cartilage. Autopsy revealed bone fracture, rib fractures, contusions in mid abdomen, back and buttocks extending to the left flank, abrasions, lateral buttocks. Contusions, back of legs and knees; abrasions on knees, left fingers and encircling to left wrist. Lacerations and superficial cuts, right 4th and 5th fingers. Also, blunt force injuries, predominately recent contusions (bruises) on the torso and lower extremities. Abrasions on left wrist are consistent with use of restraints. No evidence of defense injuries or natural disease. Manner of death is homicide. Whitehorse Detainment Facility, Nasiriyah, Iraq."

The ACLU website further reveals how: "a 27-year-old Iraqi male died while being interrogated by Navy Seals on April 5, 2004, in Mosul, Iraq. During his confinement he was hooded, flex-cuffed, sleep deprived and subjected to hot and cold environmental conditions, including the use of cold water on his body and hood. The exact cause of death was "undetermined" although the autopsy stated that hypothermia may have contributed to his death.

So read several of the 44 US military autopsy reports on the ACLU website -evidence of extensive abuse of US detainees in Iraq and Afghanistan 2002 through 2004. Anthony Romero, Executive Director of ACLU stated, "There is no question that US interrogations have resulted in deaths." ACLU attorney Amrit Sing adds, "These documents present irrefutable evidence that US operatives tortured detainees to death during interrogations."

A press release on these deaths by torture was issued by the ACLU on October 25, 2005 and was immediately picked up by Associated Press and United Press International wire services, making the story available to US corporate media nationwide. A thorough check of Nexus-Lexus and Proquest electronic data bases, using the keywords ACLU and autopsy, showed that at least 95percent of the daily papers in the US didn't bother to pick up the story. The Los Angeles Times covered the story on page A-4 with a 635-word report headlined "Autopsies Support Abuse Allegations." Fewer than a dozen other daily newspapers including: Bangor Daily News, Maine, page 8; Telegraph-Herald, Dubuque Iowa, page 6; Charleston Gazette, page 5; Advocate, Baton Rouge, page 11; and a half dozen others actually covered the story. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Seattle Times buried the story inside general Iraq news articles. USA Today posted the story on their website. MSNBC posted the story to their website, but apparently did not consider it newsworthy enough to air on television.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

YET another Hard Evidence, that the US Interrogation Techniques are LETHAL and are defined as Torture and Abuse. Problem is, that the US Corporate Media Systematicly Ignores and Evades to report such News: to report US War Crimes.

I suggest you read the ACLU Autopsy Report.

Here is a Related Thread:
The media are minimising US and British war crimes in Iraq

[edit on 4/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The people who did that needs to be shot. No not shot, but strangled
Pure idiocy.

Don't say "he would of flown a 747 into a building", because not all of the thousands of insurgents do that.

I know the Iraqis tortured people WAY worse to way more often than we do, but this is OUR country (well yours cause I'm an Auzzie, but same think if I was.

[edit on 6/12/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
and to top it off, these same people that support this are trying to convince me, that i should be scared of Iranians and their nuclear weapons.

Yeah right

know your enemy

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Interesting, that here we also have Another Evidence,
how the "US Torturing Prisoners to DEATH" is Ignored by People on this Board:

67 Views - 2 Replies.

Who would have Thought...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Umm, where is Souljas original and last post? Was the 'hard evidence' too 'ugly' for those of us told to, 'war against terror', to see or just Americans? In Australia we've had a few of these stories in main stream media.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Umm, where is Souljas original and last post? Was the 'hard evidence' too 'ugly' for those of us told to, 'war against terror', to see or just Americans? In Australia we've had a few of these stories in main stream media.

You can't See my Posts?

Gee, I hope I'm not on Global Ignore, again...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
i can see them clearly, perhaps you are only being censored in the COW countries

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
i can see them clearly, perhaps you are only being censored in the COW countries

Or maybe just You and Me see Our Posts and nobody else Does!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"COW? countries" are still "censored". Am I allowed to know why? Wait, I can see them on the topic review but still, on the main thread, Souljah's don't appear...ummm anyway, we got this on an SBS programme recently along with the interviews of freed, innocent, detainees and their stories were horrific.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As I told you in my post on another thread here on ATS.

You must be college trained to be so one sided and provincial in your pattern of operation.

It is standard militant progressive indoctrination pattern. It is also the very pattern of the extreme left wing politicians here in this country. It is all out of the same stable of operations.
Your pattern of operation, Souljah, has already been well plowed by supporters of the Sandanistas in Central America in the late 1970s and into the 1980s. Your technique of operation is just a repitition already well trodden upon. It is the same pattern used in support of Fidel Castro by many operating out of the United States.

I do not hear you weeping and gnashing of teeth for the 3000 plus people, many of whom were not Americans, who who perished in the fall of the twin towers in New York. They of course are expendable and disposable for your cause.
I do not hear you weeping and gnashing of teeth for Kim Sum il the Korean man beheaded in Iraq. Of course he was not tortured so its ok..and justifys your cause.
How about Paul Johnson
Nicholas Berg
Daniel Pearl
There are a host of others.
But remember these people were not tortured.

In a couple of days we will find out what happens to the four missionarys held captive in Iraq.

With this in mind...I pray that many people will look anew on your posts and your cause.

Unlike many, I know the goals of Islam. What we call radical Islam is just the more visible form of Islam. Islams goals have always been to spread the religion by the sword. This has never changed since its beginings. Where ever Islam has historically come into contact with other religions and even with other Islamics there has been rampant violence. This is not a new thing or concept, it is ancient. And I mean this in times of peace..not war.
I was born in Tripoli, Libya...in the days when they had a King over them. I know this to be true.
When you ply your causes in a forum like this..be aware that there are peoples out here who know and understand ideas the average American in thier ignornace do not. I feel sorry and pity for the average American here. They have no idea what they have and what is coming to them. Their politicians and educators keep them in the dark for reasons of cheap political whoredom.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join