It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will flying cars take over?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
I do think self-guidance systems are a LONG way off.

A very well funded aircraft company had one fly right into trees killing 3 people.

www.airdisaster.com...

I fly a Piper Saratoga with an auto pilot slaved with a GPS, it is top of the line and still has a long long long long way to go before it can fly itself.

Thanks

- One Man Short ®

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU HAVE THE TOP OF THE LINE EQUIPTMENT ??? And if it is the Top of The Line EQUIPTMENT that you can buy ... Do you still feel that the military aren't using applications of EQUIPTMENT that would make you feel like a little child in an airplane ???

I have flown for the airforce so yeah....I know dude!

I have TOP OF THE LINE that is offered to GA.

Do you think the military is going to equip your flying car?

Ummm....I dont think so cowboy, so my Sartoga's top of the line equipment is all your car is going to get.

By the way I doubt you know what I meant by GA...it's general aviation.

-One Man Short

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Someone mentioned Moller Skycar in an earlier post. This is something that I have been following with interest. This group has developed a working prototype and are involved in some very interesting research and testing.
The concept makes sense and they seem to be covering all bases. I am providing a link to their website that has all the specs and some interesting test video. I see this as being a practical usage if the the price is kept down as they promise under $100,000. I am especially impressed with the range, speed and altitude this baby is supposedly capable of, anyway read the info for yourself and then decide.

www.moller.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I didn't know what you meant by GA ... General Aviation ... WoW ... You know what I mean by lol ... It means Laugh out Loud .... ... anyways ... You have flown in the military ... I bet you have been to Area 51 too ... and flown all of the prototype jets and all huh ? The aviation on these new cars will not be Jets or GA ... It will be a whole new Era .. of Transportation ... Just like Cars were from horses ... they did leave Horsepower in there .. tho ... who knows ??? The next engines may be measured in Carpower ?? Who knows ... Most likely they are going to learn about energy and why they have to keep producing more ... When they have enough already .. it just gets used ... They are already trying to recycle used energy ... has alot to do with ... Conductors .. and other things .. Anyways ... I will get back with you .. I am working on a compacitor .. that will auto .... refill itself ... all you have to do is stack a bunch of thin thin layers of a type of metal ... and cover them in Polyurethane .. then run charged particles through them .. Bam .. you have your reactor ... but ... Every time I plug something up to it ... it BLOWS it up ... Gotta fix this .. but if you put a holder for energy .. ((((let me break it down real simple for you ...))) .... it blows that up .. as well ... so hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
[edit on 7-12-2005 by 5Lostboy5]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Everytime you post in the flying car thread, you show major amounts of ignornace.

Just thought I would let you know this.

You are very laughable in some of your assumptions.

1. I flew military (a-10's) I fly GA, you would know this if you were around here a little longer, you have been here 2 days my young nouveau-bie. Check BTS and you will see the pics I posted of my piloting follies.

2. When did I say anything about area 51 or prototypes? This is where your post becomes VERY pedestrian.

3. The flying car has nothing to do with powerplants as you claim. We already have ample engines to stick on the avro-cars of the future. It's about flying stability and redundant systems.

Who knows ... Most likely they are going to learn about energy and why they have to keep producing more ... When they have enough already .. it just gets used ... They are already trying to recycle used energy ... has alot to do with ... Conductors .. and other things ..
What on earth are you babbling about?

Please don't just pop in a forum after being here 2 days and try to hijack a thread or troll it until nobody wants to be here.

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 7-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
........ not just babbling ... I am sorry if you cannot understand my thoughts ... or the way that I bring my thoughts to my finger tips to you .... ........................ And I have been here ... alot longer than .. you ... so ....

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Flying redundancy ??? You bluming IDIOT ... I am not talking about engines that we now have .. or anything that you have ever seen ...I am referring to what is going to come out in the next couple years .. after they finally get this ... Engine in the cars that Drive on land ... without GAS ... So we can stop this BS fight that is going on in the middle east .. Then we can focus on other things .. before that happens we might as well not even discuss this thread anymore /..

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5 I am working on a compacitor .. that will auto .... refill itself ... all you have to do is stack a bunch of thin thin layers of a type of metal ... and cover them in Polyurethane .. then run charged particles through them .. Bam .. you have your reactor

Polyurethan what? What metal? How many layers? How thin? Charged particles of what, plasma, ion, subatomic? How does this make a reactor?

... but ... Every time I plug something up to it ... it BLOWS it up ... Gotta fix this .. but if you put a holder for energy .. ((((let me break it down real simple for you ...))) .... it blows that up .. as well ... so hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It probably blows up because...do you have a good education in chemistry or physics or math that is suitable to know what you are doing? Are you working with the right materials? Has this been attempted before and shown similar results?
What do you mean by energy holder?

Most importantly, before you possibly get booted before day #3: what does this have to do with flying cars?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just an FYI for 2DayLostBoy3rdDayGone

In my opinion your postings have nothing to do with this thread at all.

You are in here simply to troll this thread, and for some reason, attack me.

I am sorry you don't understand redundant systems, (its not redundant flying as you stated - that would be flying to the same place twice just to make sure you got there)

Because you have decided to personally attack me for no other reason than you disagree with me, I have put you on ignore.

From this point forward I will not be able to see your posts.

Hopefully this makes for a little better discussion of this very intersting topic.

I think flying cars are possible, just not a good idea for people who are not pilots, your posting has re-affirmed my way of thinking.

You have talked about everything from making a BACK TO THE FUTURE reactor, to the war in Iraq, and nothing you have typed has anything to do with flying cars.

If the forum MOD thinks I am out of line for these comments please U2U me and I will edit them out. I just felt something had to be said to this rogue poster.

Mr. Beezer has put you on ignore as well.

Thank you,

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 7-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
...can you imagine it though? The ability to up and down, as well as forward, back and left to right...people can't handle that at the moment don't make it three-d.

Nice idea, would be interesting to see it work but I can see so many problems with it in the early stages it could force it to 'crash and burn' anywhere buy the military.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You are quite correct ODIUM, it would be one heck of a cool INSPECTOR GADGET type thing.

I just don't think that people are ready to do this yet. ( maybe never )

I sure would like to fly one myself, however!

- One Man Short

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure when flying cars will take over, but you can buy one right now, just in time for the "holidays."

Nieman-Marcus

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Check this out, I came across this.

www.liveleak.com...

I think this one is a great concept design presentation of a flying car. The details of a car explain well visually and makes sense. If this one comes into production, the fans will definitely be replaced with something else that makes it easier and better to fly sometime in the future.

Of course though, the city / state or province will have to provide the air laws and rules - you know, any kind of information to use to be able to fly properly and safely.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think flying vehicles were developed a long time ago, but bringing them into the public realm is a whole different story. They haven't been implemented into the public for lack of technology, but for a lack of understanding. The technology is there, the intelligence to wield that technology isn't. Anti-gravity vehicles could allow someone to visit the moon if they wanted. That power is not ready to be handed over to the public for many reasons you imagine. Take the vehicle Otis Carr and Ralph Ring developed. Can you imagine what the bad people of the world could do with something like this? For the same reason UFO's are covered up, people wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility that comes along with such devices.

keelynet.com...

Look a the Swiss ML converter. Paul Bauman developed this machine which is used by a community for over 20 years. They won't give it out cause they say the world isn't ready for such power. Sadly I agree.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Of course according to official science this all isn't possible like perpetual motion.

www.youtube.com...

Another great idea going against the scientific grain.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
all i see is more 9/11's in the making so until we resolve this issues with terrorism its best that we dont have flying cars.

besides in order to own one you'd probably have to goto flight school and everyone would be a pilot and not to mention that the airline industry would be donne unless they focussed on space travel. but thats just the way the cokie crumbles i guess.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
After reading on Popular Science magazine on how cars and airplanes work, I lost confidence in our technology.

Primitive is what I call us in our current state.

It will be 100 years before our cars looses it's combustion engine. SLOOOOOOWWW....

<< 1  2   >>

join