It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time reader, first time poster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, I finally decided to register over here and get away from looking at all the ads I got as a non-member! I've been reading for a very long time, so I am glad to be here with everyone.

Here's a little on my geeky self...

My Interests
I like books. I love reading. But I like doing it alone and don't really care to discuss it. As long as you know that I like to read and leave me alone when I read, it doesn't matter what you read or I read. I'm interested in outliving Bono so that I can visit his grave and piss on it.

I love cats. Dogs pretty much suck, unless they're the cool husky or shephard type. Otherwise, I prefer the company of animals who don't live simply to earn your favor. That really includes people as well.

Star Wars. I collect vintage and modern Star Wars anything and everything. Figures to posters to mugs, and everything in between. Even fecal matter shaped like Star Wars items. Well, not really that. And just like there is no "old vs. new Metallica", there is no "OT vs. PT". They all rock. The very first figures I got were Ben Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Artoo for Christmas, other figures and vehicles quickly followed, and it was then that my collection started to grow.

For me, the label Star Wars evokes images of much more than a mere tale of science fiction or "space opera". The Star Wars Saga stands as a unique tale of love, of an original mythology, and of duty and honor. George Lucas did not limit his work to the mere blasting of lasers and space travel. Instead, he provided a chronicle of a political and military struggle which threatened an entire galaxy. Bravery and determination are felt as the underdog Rebels strive to overthrow the powerful Empire. In the end, the "religion" of the Force proves to be the power which gives the Rebels the edge which they need to succeed.

Star Wars has tied an entire generation together. We grew up without The Beatles, too young to understand Vietnam, without John F. Kennedy, and without peace marches on Washington. For us, it was just Star Wars. It's our fairy tale, our mythology, our Bible.

Transformers and G.I. Joe. Back when they were cool, and not sell-out blobs of plastic garbage manufactured to appease the Magic The Gathering-weened Pokemon addicts.

RPGs of all sorts. But the real ones, with books and miniatures. Not cards. That's not skill or fun, kids, that's called luck.

I like to debate, and I'll give you a good one on anything that I know enough about to bother. Make sure you know what you're talking about.

My Dislikes
My net pet-peeves are 14-year old self-proclaimed "Star Wars Experts", self-proclaimed "tech geeks" who talk about how great Microsoft products are (with the exception of the Xbox), and trolls. Lord, I hate internet trolls.

More about me
I don't take myself too seriously...honestly I don't. I enjoy obscure humor, and on the right day I can laugh at almost anything...it takes a lot to offend or disgust me, however it takes nearly no time for me to offend others. I try to be as compassionate and open-minded as possible without losing my identity.

I spent 12 years active duty Army and have been everywhere I could possibly dream of traveling in that amount of time.

I'm an American ex-pat, as well. My wife is worth the 14-hour flight away from where I was born and the years of learning a strange language that less than 7 million people truely understand.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Bripe Klmun. We can always use more Star Wars fans.

JAK

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Bripe Klmun.

Here's a copy of Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links, a great stop off for any questions you may have as you learn your way about. If there's anything you can't see there then please feel free to U2U me.

Welcome again.

Jak

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Welcome Bripe Klmun...always nice to see members from interesting places.

Your name had me Googling Earth and it certainly looks like interesting countryside. How long ago was that Dam built just west of town and, more importantly, does it have a reasonable fish population?

btw...I'm sure you'll find plenty of trekkies here.

edit to add...I'm at 44 10 12 N and 9 29 20 E

[edit on 4-12-2005 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
welcome to ATS you will have a fun time here. this place has a lot of great stuff in it.
love sbydos

[edit on 4-12-2005 by abydos]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS Bripe Klmun!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Welcome...

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun I'm interested in outliving Bono so that I can visit his grave and piss on it.

..and amen to that.

top topics

join