It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine MNF being covered like Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Great article!

www.carolinajournal.com...

The article is based on the Indianapolis Colts (US Armed Forces) vs the Pittsburgh Steelers (The insurgents). It is hilarious because it illustrates how the media distorts the truth of what is happening in Iraq. They refuse to give credit to our military but applaud the actions of the insurgents who are fighting a losing battle.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's scary how accurately that portrays how the media reports this war.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
As a Colt's fan I must say I realy enjoyed that read. Sometimes humor makes the best points of all.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nothing like a good smile first thing in the morning.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
.....but it was just some more clap trap designed to preach to the choir of the purposefully illiterate. Thank goodness I could download some clips/jokes from Comedy Central for a good chuckle.

Then, as I am apt to do, I read a bit more on the page. Seems the article's Author is a card carrying memeber of the John Locke Foundation; when it sounds like RIGHT WING PROPAPGANDA, and you hear the MAINSTAREAM MEDIA being atacked for NOT REPORTING the "REALLY GOOD NEWS" on what we're doing in IRAQ.....look a bit further, you'll see the roots.

Think Tank Monitor: "Heritage" Clones in the Heartland

Folks might even believe that this Carolina Journal is a newspaper....except it's the John Locke Foundations own soapboax.

As the John Locke Foundation reports (Our First Five Years), it "uses a variety of methods to affect public policy debate in North Carolina. First, the Foundation issues comprehensive 'policy reports'...and their findings are publicized throughout the state in print, broadcast and public appearances.... In addition, the Foundation distributes a weekly op-ed, 'Carolina Beat,' to daily and weekly newspapers." The purpose of local think tanks is to influence policy using city, regional and state media, whereas their D.C.-based colleagues try to influence policy using national media.

The well-funded local think tanks are able to wield influence out of proportion to their significance. The John Locke Foundation spends nearly a half-million a year producing and promoting its policy positions using money donated by Martin Marrietta Corp., RJR Nabisco and other well-heeled patrons. The Wisconsin Policy Research Institute received more than $4.4 million from the conservative Bradley Foundation through 1995 (Journal Sentinel, 10/4/95). The money is spent on research reports and a glossy magazine, Wisconsin Interest, that are distributed free to the media and to public libraries.

www.fair.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

when it sounds like RIGHT WING PROPAPGANDA, and you hear the MAINSTAREAM MEDIA being atacked for NOT REPORTING the "REALLY GOOD NEWS" on what we're doing in IRAQ.....look a bit further, you'll see the roots.

Ummm... It is right wing propaganda... The main stream Liberal media "doesn't" report on anything good happening in Iraq... What's your point. it's called humor... some people have a "sense" for this...........

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Did you see the Jon Stewart clip on Bush's speech? Classic funny.
The MSN vs. The Administration on Iraq = don't look to the media, look to your government about the clarity & altruism of reports.

But hey, some folks still swear Iraq put together the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So people are killed in football? News to me.

The only comparison I can make between professional football and the Iraq occupation is that both are 100% unecessary and initiated purely out of profit motive.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'll admit that my Steelers did get the tar beat out of them last week. I'm currently going back and forth between the computer and the tv checking the score between the Seahawks and the Eagles. By the way, at last glance, Philly was getting crushed 42 - 0 in the 3rd quarter.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
I'll admit that my Steelers did get the tar beat out of them last week. I'm currently going back and forth between the computer and the tv checking the score between the Seahawks and the Eagles. By the way, at last glance, Philly was getting crushed 42 - 0 in the 3rd quarter.

Oh man... Steelers still have a shot at the playoffs right? My Packers had a rough one this season. Been following the Bucks a bit more then usual for this time of year.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by LostSailor]

top topics

join