It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need information (chinese spirits/witchcraft?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
hi. im new here but i've been lurking in the Cryptozoology section for a year or so, and i registered just to get your opinion regarding this matter.

i have an aunt, who unofficially divorced with her husband last year. She didnt live with him for 3-4 years. SHe left him coz he gambles away all his savings and tries to take her money, and he dont give a damn bout his kids. She is living with her 3 kids in her own home. The husband was pissed he didnt get any money and now his wife left him so he wants to make her life difficult. I was told that he hired a shaman/witch kinda guy to put all sorts of badluck curse on her and the kids. Most of my relatives are conservative chinese, so they believe in all this witchcraft/black magic (except me). My aunt once consult a shaman and found out her husband put curses on her so she got help from some shaman to repel the spells. I was told she manage to repel some of the curse, her husband kept countering with other curses, the most recent was a death curse.

Ofcourse i didnt believe all this mojo, and i think that the shamans are there to make money so they come up with imaginary curses to scare my aunt so they will get paid. Until she said she started seeing things. The reason i brought that up is that, it may have to do with her sightings.

I was told that, for the past year, she started seeing a figure/boy in her home. I dont know if it is a dark figure or a figure with facial features and everything. I was told that when she started seeing the boy, he was a little kid, a year later, the boy had grown bigger/older. I was told that, see would see the boy at random times. sometimes the boy(when he was smaller) would jump up the dinning table and kinda shake/rock the table. At times, she would hear the table squeak or shake, even if the boy aint visible. her 3 kids and one of my cousin live with her, and none said they saw the boy.

Thats all the info i got for now. I couldnt find anything in Google, please give your opinions, I am curious and at the same time worried for my aunt. thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
syke,

Not that I am a paranormal expert, by any means, but I wonder if your aunt
is susceptible to these curses, and she may be seeing things as a result of the curse, not because there really is a curse.
The power of suggestion and all that knd of thing
If she believes in the curse, I'd say it is possible for her to be seeing things.

Kind of like people who believe in voodoo??

Post any info as you get it

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As far as my knowledge(albeit limited) in chinese curses are concern, I have never heard one that causes people to see things. Perhaps it is not the curses that caused my aunt to see things, could it be that she became paranoid and started hallucinating?

There is however, this thing called the '3rd eye' in the chinese belief. The third eye is when a person have the ability to see spirits. People with the 3rd eye are usually born with it.

I find the little boy most intriguing. Have you guys heard of figures/spirits that age?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Can I get a little more Info on this?

Did any bad things happen to your aunt? Other than the dark figure?

Has the house they live in had a history of Paranormal events?

Has anyone praticed Magic in the house?

I hear of these dark figures in a LOT of my investigations, I personally dont think they are ghosts but something else.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syke[...] please give your opinions, I am curious and at the same time worried for my aunt. thank you.

Its witchcraft. That opens the door to more occult and demonic bondage:

Your post was edited for the following reason:
From the ATS TERMS:

6.) You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from AboveTopSecret.com LLP). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Can I get a little more Info on this?

Did any bad things happen to your aunt? Other than the dark figure?

Has the house they live in had a history of Paranormal events?

Has anyone praticed Magic in the house?

- nothing real bad has every happened. But she is always unlucky when looking for a job. Since divorce, she cant find a fixed job, her collegues all seem to hate her (my aunt is one of the nicest person i know,very generous), and they say she brings badluck coz sales dropped when she came onboard.

- she has been living in the house for 3 years, 2 of my cousins lived there and no one said they saw anything. Her neighbours who lived there far longer than she did never said anything about people dying there.

- No one practices magic there, but once my aunt found out about the curses from a priest, she consulted some shamans to repel the curses. She also went went to some Buddhist religious advisors, and they did something to repel the curses too.

I dont have further details about the figure, i will update once i get more info.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by syke]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
syke,

Not that I am a paranormal expert, by any means, but I wonder if your aunt
is susceptible to these curses, and she may be seeing things as a result of the curse, not because there really is a curse.
The power of suggestion and all that knd of thing
If she believes in the curse, I'd say it is possible for her to be seeing things.

Kind of like people who believe in voodoo??

Post any info as you get it

My thoughts exactly. Tell her to try to put this out of her mind.
She is only cursed with her beliefs in this stuff.
I wish her luck.

top topics

join