It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce and the right paw of the Sphynx

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The History Channel show, Decoding the Secrets: The Other Nostradamus, talks about Edgar Cayce. He is regarded as the greatest prophet of the 20th century. Anyways, he said that Atlantis was a continent 10,000 years ago of amazing technology. The people ended up destroying eachother, but they had written documents about their civilization. One location was in some Penninsula (can't remember), and the other is in the right paw of the Sphynx. A geologist did tests on the right paw and found out it is a chamber, and there is something inside. Nothing has been done about it since. Why hasn't this been discussed more?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is a HIGHLY interesting subject. The tests that were done uncovered the fact that there is (most likey) a chamber under the Great Sphinx's paw. The are many clues that point to this and other information regarding the help that Egyptions might have gotten from a "long lost" highly advanced culture that we have lost all record of...

The author Graham Hancock has written a few books on this subject which are very well written.

www.grahamhancock.com...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I watched that show too, it was excellent. But it was part of the "Decoding The Past" series, "The Other Nostradamus". Edgar Cayce also prophesied that Atlantis would be discovered in 1968, which was the year that the Bimini Road was found. Some say it was a road to Atlantis, but I don't know.

As far as the underground chambers under the Sphinx, you can search and find a few threads where it was discussed. Here is a recent one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think they went under the right paw, but as far as I know, the only thing found under the Sphinx so far was a tomb.

[edit on 12/4/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I watched that show too, it was excellent. But it was part of the "Decoding The Past" series, "The Other Nostradamus". Edgar Cayce also prophesied that Atlantis would be discovered in 1968, which was the year that the Bimini Road was found. Some say it was a road to Atlantis, but I don't know.

As far as the underground chambers under the Sphinx, you can search and find a few threads where it was discussed. Here is a recent one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think they went under the right paw, but as far as I know, the only thing found under the Sphinx so far was a tomb.

[edit on 12/4/2005 by Hal9000]

The search function will show that these non-existent chambers under the Sphinx have indeed been talked to death here at ATS.

I also want to point out that the timing of the "discovery" of the Bimini Road (which is just a natural formation of beach rock) was no coincidence and also had nothing to do with anyone's clairvoyant powers. The expedition that made this "discovery" was arranged and paid for by the foundation Cayce established and left behind at his death.

Harte

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I also want to point out that the timing of the "discovery" of the Bimini Road (which is just a natural formation of beach rock) was no coincidence and also had nothing to do with anyone's clairvoyant powers. The expedition that made this "discovery" was arranged and paid for by the foundation Cayce established and left behind at his death.

I agree, it looks like a bunch of rocks to me, but I am no archeologist. However I have never heard this claim before about the expedition being funded by this foundation. Have you got link that shows this? I have never looked much into the Bimini Road before, but I did find this.

Later in 1968, biologist J. Manson Valentine and Dimitri Rebikoff, discovered the “Bimini Road.” Valentine also reported that he found over 30 other sites with structures that appeared to be manmade.

Which came from this site.

edgarcayce.org...

In the few minutes that I spent, I could not find any connection with the Cayce Foundation.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by Harte

I agree, it looks like a bunch of rocks to me, but I am no archeologist. However I have never heard this claim before about the expedition being funded by this foundation. Have you got link that shows this? I have never looked much into the Bimini Road before, but I did find this.

Later in 1968, biologist J. Manson Valentine and Dimitri Rebikoff, discovered the “Bimini Road.” Valentine also reported that he found over 30 other sites with structures that appeared to be manmade.

Which came from this site.

edgarcayce.org...

In the few minutes that I spent, I could not find any connection with the Cayce Foundation.

From the site you visited:

In 1968 pilots Trigg Adams and Robert Brush spotted what appeared to be a building structure near Andros Island

THIS PAGE from A.R.E. lets you know that Adams was a member of A.R.E. (ARE= Association for Research and Enlightenment, the foundation I mentioned that was established by Cayce.)

Regarding Valentine and Rebikoff,

But it was on Labor Day 1968 that the most famous discovery was made—the huge stone formation you see in illustration here called the “Bimini Road.”It happened when zoologist J. Manson Valentine, in company of Harold Climo, Jacques Mayol and Robert Angove, dived into the 18 foot depths off Paradise Point, Bimini.

(Source: www.bermuda-triangle.org...)

I have read that some of the above named men were in fact acting with the support and money of A.R.E. I'm sure I still have that link, but I can't find it right now. I've saved too damn many debunking links I guess. Can't find what I need when I need it. But this reference is pretty obscure, that A.R.E. was behind the discovery of the Bimini Road, and I don't need that link all that often.
If I find it, I'll post it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks Harte. I did a search on ARE, but didn't find anything. The link you provided looks like it explains it all, and I will read it later. Don't worry about the other link, I'll take your word for it. That is interesting to know this foundation was funding the dive when it was discovered. But it really doesn't matter because the bimini road didn't turn out to be anything. Just some fractured beach rock.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Why hasn't this been discussed more?

I think because nothing is going to happen. The Egyptian goverment is not going to allow anyone to excavate under the Sphynx. The guy in charge of Giza Dr. Zahi Hawass is firmly against anything that even suggest Atlantis or anything equally amazing. The Sphynx is perhaps the most important object in all of Egypt even more then the Pryamids.

Nobody has even been allowed to retest with ground penetrating radar. I doubt thats going to change anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The rocks that make up the Bimini Road don't look like much up close. They look like giant rounded slabs of natural rock. However, a bird's eye view of this beach rock has a pattern of possibly being man made.

www.subversiveelement.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

The rocks that make up the Bimini Road don't look like much up close. They look like giant rounded slabs of natural rock. However, a bird's eye view of this beach rock has a pattern of possibly being man made.

www.subversiveelement.com...

The little I know about Atlantis I've learned fromthe Discovery Networks many documentaries on it. But seeing Bimini Road from above I could see how that looks man made. But Nature is a funny trickster and so is the human mind so we could jsut be seeing what we want to see.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Why hasn't this been discussed more?

I think because nothing is going to happen. The Egyptian goverment is not going to allow anyone to excavate under the Sphynx. The guy in charge of Giza Dr. Zahi Hawass is firmly against anything that even suggest Atlantis or anything equally amazing. The Sphynx is perhaps the most important object in all of Egypt even more then the Pryamids.

Nobody has even been allowed to retest with ground penetrating radar. I doubt thats going to change anytime soon.

Absolutely false. Several such studies have been conducted and excavations permitted every single time any anomaly was found using GPR. But the fact is no "chamber" has ever been found. What Hawass does not allow is idiots going over the same things over and over. Why dig more than once in the same spot?

Originally posted by HAL9000Thanks Harte. I did a search on ARE, but didn't find anything. The link you provided looks like it explains it all, and I will read it later. Don't worry about the other link, I'll take your word for it. That is interesting to know this foundation was funding the dive when it was discovered. But it really doesn't matter because the bimini road didn't turn out to be anything. Just some fractured beach rock.

Thanks again.

Quite welcome. Also, the idea that "...it really doesn't matter because the bimini road didn't turn out to be anything. Just some fractured beach rock..", while true, is certainly not accepted by any of the A.R.E. researchers, nor by the new agers and Cayce-ites out there. You can find assertions that this is proof of ancient advanced technology, or at least evidence of Atlantis or some other unknown ancient megacivilization, all over the internet, including in several hundred (probably) threads right here on ATS. And there are at least seven pseudohistorians out there at this moment making money off this very assertion, among others. So it does matter. Or continuing to refute such assertions matters, that is.

Harte

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Think about this:
If you open a box that is a history contradictory to your own but is scientific and proves its point moreso than yours and is ALLOT older than your own. Well you get the picture. Opening the chamber would change everything if something of concequence was found thats why they are rather "scared" of opening it.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hmm. I think that I am going to look into this Bimini Road thing because that is really intriguing. I have always liked the concept of Atlantis and have read on it. Should be interesting to find something new (to me) for a change.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i dont believe anyone is going to dig under the sphinx why you mite ask? simply because it may contradict the whole belief that the egyptians emerged about 3000BC(its all based on politics). the pyramids are 10,500 years old if you base there construction on the belt of orion this makes egyptologists furious because it shakes there whole timeline they have set up. the climate in egypt 10,500 years ago was said to be a temperate/almost tropical climate (its on the equator for god sake they may have even had monsoons) the sphinx may be sitting on a huge temple for all we really know.
there is supposedly a secret tunnel from the great pyramid which goes under the sphinx, this isnt so hard to believe as these people must have been engineering geniuses to build these structures a tunnel would of been a simple task, i want to see more of an intrest into solving these mysteries none of the powers to be care though, no attempt has been made to open the door in that shaft even though there are people very willing to undergo this task egyptian authorities are not interested. the only viable reason i can think of is politics because its insane to ignore this

fingerprints of the gods by graham hancock is an excellent book which covers this topic i recommend it to anyone interested in this subject

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glooper23
One location was in some Penninsula (can't remember)...

the Yucatan pennisula.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
hey I've been casually persuing this subject for a long time, but have recently gotten more serious about it, I would really like to hear some replies. It doesnt really matter what we think, because unless we have money and resources, we wont ever be able to find out the truth about this world... I dont think it would hurt with the modern advances in technology to actually excivate the site in egypt. I really believe that theres no coincedence between the mayans, aztecs, egyptians and cambodians all having such similar structures, theres gotta be a logical explaination for it. also this cayce stuff and biminy road stuff, its either right on the money, or nature and human nature playing tricks on us to see what the mind wants us to see, personally i think either story is believable. if your interested in this whole water crafting of objects underwater, take a look at the under water 'pyramid' they've found off the coast of china, it doesnt really interest me as much as the things in and around the ancient cultures and how they all developed in such a similar way. also i know it hasnt been mentioned but they found out that the druids didnt build stone henge. 4800 before the first druids were there, stonehenge was bein built...

anyhow i just would like some feed back if anyone cares to comment.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've read something about the discoveries at the Sphynx. The article was allegedly writen by J.J. Hurtak but later on proved to be not true as such. (Was writen by paul White). At this point IMO this material loses it credibility and I can't vouch for its veracity. Anyway I let you to judge and get to the bottom your self

Since the declassification of the new ground-penetrating radar 2 years ago, the most staggering data has emerged of complex and labyrinthine underground systems in various parts of the world. At places like Guatemala in the South Americas, tunnels have been mapped under the Mayan pyramid complex at Tikal (see /www.destination360.com/tikal/guide.htm), which extend a full 800 kilometres to the opposite side of the country. Investigators remarked, it was possible to understand how half a million Mayan Indians escaped the decimation of their culture.

In similar fashion, the SIRA radar was deployed in Egypt as early as 1978, mapping an extraordinary subterranean complex beneath the Egyptian pyramids. Arrangements made with President Sadat of Egypt, resulted in three decades of top secret excavations to penetrate the system. At a recent meeting in Australia, one of the key scientists on the Giza project, Dr. Jim Hurtak, showed film footage of work in progress called, CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP, due to be released at the end of the century.

The film reveals the discovery of a vast megalithic metropolis, 15,000 years old, reaching several levels below the Giza plateau. While the rest of the Nu-Age speculates about a hidden chamber under the left paw of the Sphinx, the legendary "City Of The Gods", lays sprawled beneath. Complete with hydraulic underground waterways, the film shows massive chambers, the proportions of our largest cathedrals, with enormous statues, the size of the Valley of the Nile, carved in-situ. Researchers, risking their lives with lights and cameras, carefully negotiated rubber dinghies across subterranean rivers and kilometer-wide lakes, to penetrate sealed chambers beyond. Already, remarkable caches of records and artifacts have been found.

And here is the LINK

Yet again guys. I don't know and I can't say if is true or not. I only found it interesting and I wanted to share it with you.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
if this discovery is true, theres no telling what we could learn about our human history, and what could be acomplished by what they knew than, that we unfortunately lost so long ago. i would like to see if anyone has sources to back the statement above up.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Of course, I love reading that stuff, but if the first named author did not write it, then did the second?

Actually, someone seems to have spent a lot of time coming up with so much. It does not seem to have a direct connection to any excavations at all. It kinda reminds me of the show and tell in Napoleon Dynomite.

I still liked it, though.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Please take a moment to read the first page of that site: www.cam.net.uk...

You'll see a letter from the real author apologizing for writing it. It was a small hoax turned into a big hoax with the power of the internet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join