It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen in Iraq after Bush is gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was wondering, what would happen if the situation in Iraq hasn't reached successful point when Bush is out of office? Could this war cause for him to extend his presidency longer, as did FDR, and rig the elections again?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
According to virtually most anti-Bush people and individuals, Iraq will never reach a "successful point", unless of course, the troops are immediately withdrawn and brought home, correct?

And as to your second question: No. This war on terrorism will not allow for an extension of his presidency.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I was wondering, what would happen if the situation in Iraq hasn't reached successful point when Bush is out of office? Could this war cause for him to extend his presidency longer, as did FDR, and rig the elections again?

A very vague question to say the least.
Just what events make up a success point ?
Is it the line we been hearing from the Bush admin about Iraqi security forces taking the place of US forces?
Is it a stable Iraq that is the start of a wide ideolgie change in the middle east?

Either way power was handed over to the Iraqi government way to soon the means of goverance wasnt in place.
When you build a house you start with the foundation but in Iraq they started with the roof.
Putting aside the security situation how do you hold a roof up without walls?

The situation in Iraq has me caught between the incomptance of the Bush admin and the future of millons of people.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What will happen in Iraq after Bush is gone?

Really simple. If the yanks elect another Republican the War on terror will continue to go in a smilar direction as it is at the moment. If they elect a Democrat, the same thing that happened when Clinton was in charge. When a terrorist blows something up the response will either be nothing, or they will fire a few cruise missiles somewhere and blow up a medicine factory & the terrorists will have thier suspicions confirmed. The West Is decadent, It is weak, We can attack them with impunity.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What will happen when the US withdraw from Iraq, can be explain in many ways and with different results depending of what will happen immediately after Iraq is in its own.

For one the struggles between Sunnis and Shiite will only get worst, taking in consideration that Shiite will be with not support from American troops.

Perhaps the killing of key leaders will be in the rise just because of tribal rivalry.

Or who knows they find a way to cohabited in peace but we know that they way things are developing between the former tyrants to the want to be tyrants is just to hot to handle even with US troops on the ground in Iraq now.

I see the Kurds becoming a sovereign nation and separating from the rest of Iraq due to the fact that they are working on just that, if they do not gain control on the next elections the Kurds has been telling the US that they will do what is best for their people.

I personally will see a civil struggle between the two main tribes the Sunnis and Shiites.

The Kurds will not give away the rights to the rich oil lands of the north because that will ensure their independance and the Shiites and Sunnis will fight for what is left of it in central and the south of Iraq.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No, Bush can't extend his presendency. But I don't doubt that Jeb Bush could be elected as his successor and keep going with this war in Iraq. As long as they can make money, they'll be there.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not much will change.

The same thing will go on because the Democrats and Republicans are owned by the same people. It's a false choice that is super effective. Did anybody miss how KERRY was for the war too?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iainwh
The West Is decadent, It is weak, We can attack them with impunity.

Who is We.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iainwh

If they elect a Democrat, the same thing that happened when Clinton was in charge. When a terrorist blows something up the response will either be nothing, or they will fire a few cruise missiles somewhere and blow up a medicine factory & the terrorists will have thier suspicions confirmed.

You didnt put much thought into that statement did you?
The Bush admin lanched a invasion of Iraq in order to destory those medicine factorys. In other words look thousands of troops have been used instead of
cruise missiles.
What a waste of resouces!

The West Is decadent, It is weak, We can attack them with impunity.

Lets take your 2nd statement and put it in a logical light.
What party occupied the whitehouse in 1991?
A Republican party.
It was Bush senior who first send the message to the world that America was spineless or was it Ike who choose to end the Korean war.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the difference in what clinton did and bush did is this one simple fact, in clintons time, he was dealing with the repubs. in charge and trying everything they could to stop everything he tried to do, but bush has the full support of the good old boys- the repubs- to do anything THEY want.
right now there is nothing to stop the repubs from doing all they can to further their causes and pay off their backers. a president cannot do anything without the support of congress and when any of them have complete control it makes thing soooo much harder on the ordinary, backbone people of this country.
every day shows how this repub. controlled country gives more and more to those who don't need it, while adding to and taking away more that the other 99% of us need to survinve. it sickens me.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I only have one thing to say. If you think we can "win" this before the decade is over then you don't have a clue. We uprooted a county and installed a mock goverment. It will tak at leaast 20 years for Iraq to have a stable government. Never in history has another country been able to create a whole new type of goverment in less than 20 years. The reality is that we will need to stay in Iraq. If we don't then God help us. We created this mess and we need to fix it.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You have voted DaTruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.
I might have put it differntly but I agree with what has been said.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
which reminds me - how are things going in Afghanistan right now?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
...I see the Kurds becoming a sovereign nation and separating from the rest of Iraq due to the fact that they are working on just that, if they do not gain control on the next elections the Kurds has been telling the US that they will do what is best for their people...

...The Kurds will not give away the rights to the rich oil lands of the north because that will ensure their independance and the Shiites and Sunnis will fight for what is left of it in central and the south of Iraq.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by marg6043]

In 2003, after Saddam's fall, NATO member Turkey enmassed forces at its borders with Iraq. Turkey threatened with an invasion if the Kurds would hold the oil fields in the north of Iraq. It will never allow the Kurds to form an independent country.

Also if a civil war breaks out between the Shiites and Sunnis, then there is great chance that Iran may get involved.

Blobber

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
which reminds me - how are things going in Afghanistan right now?

Anything that gose wrong is blamed on the Liberal media what a crock !
The US is withdrawing 4000 troops with NATO and other nations taking up the slack. Sometimes the US forgots that countries like NZ are loyal to the cause but due to smaller populations they dont have the ablity to put large numbers of troops on the ground.

I cant fathom why the US is withdrawing but the decison was probaly made by the same people who said the US and its allies would be out of Iraq in 3 years.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As long as Halliburton and Wakenhut and other contractors can use this war to suck money from the American taxpayer it will continue reguardless of who is in the whitehouse.

The puppetmasters have found that the Americans are a proud, patriotic people and can influence their decision as to support this war by waving the flag and frightening the bejebbus out of them with a nebulous enemy, "terrorists." They are as ruthless and brilliant as they are evil.

Way above for DA Truth

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
To be honest, I cant comprehend that the current government, and the father of the president will allow the current situation to be managed by anyone else, especially after all the hard work, all the contacts and all the money they have had to invest in their goals..

doesnt it seem strange the path we are being LED down
its being placed right in front of you for cripes sake,
why in hell would bush want their agender handled by anyone else?

they were able to stand by while thousands of their own citizens died, when buildings collapsed..
they are able to sit by, while the REAL americans, the soilders are in iraq, with death practically sharing there barracks...
so what makes you think, they arent able to handle more citizens dying, and more criticism to stay in office?

and for the people who think that it cant happen simply because the constitution has made it impossible..

you'd be surprised at the power of persuasion.. Hell your president convinced you it was ok to invade and slaughter these errrakkkkeeeessss
Bet you'd say that wasnt possible 15yrs ago huh ?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i believe the answer is simple..... after bush is gone cheney will steal the election and iraq will continue.... along with whoever else is on the list

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I see some americans still havent figured this thing out.

I will abstain fro thi argument, and as for the question, refer to the 22 amendment: And I quote

Amendment XXII - Presidential term limits. Ratified 2/27/1951. History

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

This was added after FDR had a record 4 terms which we can thank him for the social security and welfare programs that plague our society today.

About Iraq, have you Bush haters and conspiracy theorists ever sat down and really tried to think about whats going on? Have you ever thought long and hard about this. Do you really think this Iraq War is just a Bush playtime? Theres obviously a much larger and more important reason we went to war, and maybe for a second, you could figure it out with logical analysis.

I honestly dont know the deeper reason, but I can assure you it is for your future protection and survival. Dont ask me how, but theres obviously something at play in the government and it is much higher than the presidency. Dont worry about the politicians, theres something else going on here, and we will never know.

Remember one thing, the governments power over its people lie in its military. The military has the sole responsibility of protection. If they have a reason for destroying Iraq and establishing a middle east front, then they probably have a dam good reason for it. We might have already stopped Isreal from being nuked just by being there. Think about it.

Train

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
About Iraq, have you Bush haters and conspiracy theorists ever sat down and really tried to think about whats going on? Have you ever thought long and hard about this. Do you really think this Iraq War is just a Bush playtime? Theres obviously a much larger and more important reason we went to war, and maybe for a second, you could figure it out with logical analysis.

I honestly dont know the deeper reason, but I can assure you it is for your future protection and survival. Dont ask me how, but theres obviously something at play in the government and it is much higher than the presidency. Dont worry about the politicians, theres something else going on here, and we will never know.

Remember one thing, the governments power over its people lie in its military. The military has the sole responsibility of protection. If they have a reason for destroying Iraq and establishing a middle east front, then they probably have a dam good reason for it. We might have already stopped Isreal from being nuked just by being there. Think about it.

Train

Your right. I"ve figured it out with a bit of logical analysis. We invaded Iraq for the oil. America's economy, war machine and world dominance depend upon it's ability to secure large amounts of fossil fuels as it looks to the future. Hence their amazing relationship with the saudi's. "May have already stopped israel from being nuked" ?
....In case you havn't figured it out yet...Israel is the only Country in the middle east with Nucleur weapons. Unless Saddam ate all of his nukes before we got there....perhaps flushed them down the tiolet.

As for what will happen when the troops are pulled out, my belief is that violence will continue to escalate culminating in Iran sending in troops to help stabilize the country much like Syria and Lebanon. Before you know it ...Hey Presto! the Shia crescent is emerging

top topics

<<   2 >>

join