It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Thousands Report Fiery Mysterious Object Over Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That looks alot like the meteor that was filmed by so many in the northern US, one survailance camera actually shook from the boom it generated. I live in AZ, so I see alot of meteors here, I saw one once that was just a green ball of fire, but it was traveling seemingly slower and didn't have a tail, it was wierd. Those things can really freak you out, every time I see what looks like a huge one plummeting to earth, I think it's all over and wait for the impact, although it's probably only as big as a marble.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well from the witness reports that were closer than the vid and some who were underneath they all said the same thing. It was a round silver ball and they all thoguht it was space junk or a satellite coming down and not a meteor.

Im not so quick to accept the official line on this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Space junk the laymans term

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Well from the witness reports that were closer than the vid and some who were underneath they all said the same thing. It was a round silver ball and they all thoguht it was space junk or a satellite coming down and not a meteor.

Im not so quick to accept the official line on this one.

I wonder how they could see it was a round silver ball even from beneath it. It looked like every large meteor I have ever seen, but anything's possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was traveling along Toodyay road at the time (just passed the Clackline turnoff), and it looked like it did come down, like it went below the trees. The funny thing is that it looked alot bigger than what was in the video footage.

The bang was heared from someone staying at my Sandplain Road Estate, and some friends in Rugged Hill also saw it.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I saw a meteor in the middle of the day once, and it was a bright green ball of light, visible during the day. That one, I later found out, was visible from California to Texas. It looked VERY similar to this, but it was during the daytime so not the dramatic lighting effect. It was still very bright and very visible, and it exploded dramatically.

You wanna talk about freaking out. Back in 2001 I witnessed the testing of the ABM shield. That thing had missile contrails and a giant rainbow ball in the sky. The sheriff's office was so sick of the UFO sightings that they told the radio DJs to let everyone know what the damn thing was. The explosion was in space and that's what caused the rainbow, the ionosphere.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just got back from Toodyay, and looked at ther area where I saw the meteor. It didn't land, but it was close because behind where I saw it, there were hills only about 2km from the road, and it did not go behind them, either way the owner of the farm would have had a shock. I estimate that it fell short by only about 100 or 200 meters.

My conclusion is as follows:

The bang was the meteor exploding a few kms above Perth, then several fragments may have resulted, anywhere up to 3 pieces may have been seen. The one in the video which is in a small town near Collie (I think), the one seen 5km from Toodyay, and the third seen near Kalgoolie.

If it had not exploded, the result may have been an impact, either something spectacular or devestating.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join