It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat food and the idiots who market it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I sincerely don't understand the people who market cat food. I cringe every time that I go to the store and go to buy one of the few flavors of cat food that I've found, through seemingly endless trial and error, at which my cats will NOT turn up their noses, only to find that the label says, "New and Improved!"

How can anyone market a product for cats and be completely oblivious to the fact that, to a cat, "new" is a bad thing? Cats don't want anything that's "new." They want the same thing to which they've become accustomed-- no changes, no upsets, no alterations. Hell, they don't even like it when you rearrange the furniture.

Please-- to all those idiots who are responsible for this-- STOP IT! If you have a flavor that sells, it's because cats like it. THEY don't want it changed, so don't change it!

Pshew... I feel better now.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't see why there is so much crap out there either. I fed my cats some different brands, but that is just because of which ever store I'm at or which is cheaper. My cats eat anything. No cat food, no problem. Give them dog food! I just so see why it matters if your cats is eating beef flavored kibblets or chicken flavored on or fish flavored one. I dn't think they really care. However, being the capatilistic society we are, people are going to market stuff they think will sell. So there must be a market for the different kinds and flavors.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You're the lucky one then... one of my cats will eat most anything, but the other one is VERY finicky. I've tried just ignoring her, certain that, sooner or later, she'll have to break down and eat whatever food I've offered her, but it just doesn't work. After about an hour of listening to her cry (nngg-OOOWW! nngg-OOOWW!), I give in. There are maybe half a dozen different flavors of cat food that she likes at any given time, but since they're constantly changing, I constantly have to try new ones, and keep my fingers crossed. (nngg-OOOWW! nngg-OOOWW!)

I sort of suspected that this post would go over like the proverbial lead balloon, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the problem with the product is like fishing lures... the lures dont neccisarily cathc fish better, but convince fishers to buy them. Jsut like cat food, it isn't neccisarily better or more tastier for cats, but they convince the humans to buy them

My favorite are the fancy feast commercials which make you think only the rich beautiful and famous use thier cat food.

in fact.. I am finding more and more people are making thier own pet/dog food from scratch and cooking it themselves since there is so much additives flavorings and preservatives in cat food... not to metion the dry stuff which is jsut to make the poop easier to pick up

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I actually love that U started this thread Bob LaoTse

My cats don't eat anything but the most expensive (but very good for them I must admit) dried food. No more canned food, at all.

Originally posted by Jehosephat

in fact.. I am finding more and more people are making thier own pet/dog food from scratch and cooking it themselves since there is so much additives flavorings and preservatives in cat food... not to metion the dry stuff which is jsut to make the poop easier to pick up

my 2 eat pretty much what we eat lol all very healthy middle eastern food
lol @ cats getting their nutrients from olive oil and garlic and such
they kill me but I love em!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have 4 beggars that give very little thanks for what they receive.
My cats get Purina dry food all they can eat from a big bowl. Plus some canned food everyday, but not much.

It's the raw meat they want though.
I can't open the fridge without a cat coming to see what I'm doing, and if I open any meat, I'm the most popular guy in the house.
I think if I dropped dead I'd just be snack food for the little buggers.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My cat kills and eats a rabbit, if he doesn't like the flavour d'jour

Mooshka, leaves the guts, and the feet, in a nice pile for me to find the next day.

new topics

top topics

join