It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Barris, Host of Gong Show, CIA??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For one of my first posts, I thought I'd get the most ridiculous topic I have on my mind out into the ATS Community. I just noticed a movie coming on IFC tonight called "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind." I guess it's based on the supposed 'double-life' of Chuck Barris. CIA Spook and obnoxious, coked-up game show host?? The latter only?? Repilian neo-con with a disclosure agenda?? I've only read a few things about his alleged CIA ties, but most wrote him off as a nutcase. Anything to this?

[edit on 3-12-2005 by AllGetOut]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Pure fiction. He did however write the 60's hit "Pallisades Park"

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's a wacky theory. No one really knows what the truth is about Barris' possible involvement with the CIA.

Clooney used the theory as a vehicle to show off his surprisingly good directing skills.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'd totally forgotten about The Gong Show!
Used to watch it all the time when I was little.

That was the guy's name, Chuck Barris? It's been probably 25 years and more since I've seen that show.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I had heard that Chuck Barris was a CIA agent at one time, but at the time of the show he was no longer and active agent. Something about mental and physical stress induced capacity reduction. Therefore he could not continue in the field as an active agent. I am sure all of his security clearances were revoked and anything he did know was told not to divulge under any circumstance.

So he become the drug using wild man and no one ever took him seriously again, no matter what kind of wild "stories" he told people. No one would believe anything he said even had a grain of truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
There is many many many ex cia and nsa operators out there.
Some go on to other careers, Tv could be a field they'd pursue just as likely as mailman.
Alcoholism is a big big problem in the spook house. Mental breakdowns are frequent. Tons of guys and gals walk away because they quit believin. Most turn to alcohol and try to hang on long enough to get a pension.

It kills your mind when you go into it believing in your country and before long you hate your country. That always happens. America is the worst country in the world because we have the most corrupt leaders. Everything is labeled top secret because they need to protect themselves. They create enemies to fight if there are none. They destabilize nations just for sport. they'll start a war over a personal vendetta, it could be something as benign as a snub. They lie for the sake of lying, they'll kill just for the sake of killing, they'll steal just for the sake of stealing.
Then you watch the NEWS and see them lie with a straight face 24/7.
It's enough to drive a man to drink. You watch men get life in prison for selling drugs their government brought in to finance covert projects.
It makes you crazy. You lose faith in yourself and your country.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Or your name is Ollie North and you

"...have no clear memory of that time..."

I agree with a fair part of what you say, but on the corruption issue, I think on a per capita, GDP rate, the (current?) leaders of the US might not be the most corrupt in the world.

Check out the corruption index to see where the US rates. Remember, Dick isn't getting ALL the money from the Halliburton contracts, some of it has to pay wages

new topics

top topics

join