It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 - Photo of electro-gravitic field kicking in

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

There are several tailless aircraft emerging, but I can't think of any that are supersonic.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Murcielago]

The F/B-22 would be a tailess supersonic aircraft...if it's built.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepSecrets
Is the mystery of these types of clouds beginning to be understood?

Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds tutorial written by Dr. M.S. Cramer

URL: fluidmech.net...

You hit the nail on the head DeepSecrets.

That photo in question is exactly that, they are indeed Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds.
Here's another picture of this on a B-1B:

Picture of B-1B lancer source
A few more pictures:
Wonders From the Laws and Operations of Nature
And one surrounding an F-18:

Great find, DeepSecrets.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aether

Originally posted by RichardPrice
as there hasnt been a craft yet that has gone controlled complex supersonic without a vertical stabalizer.

The X-36 is capable of reaching the supersonic/transonic regime and doesnt have a verticle stabilizer due to its vertor thrusting capabilities. I'm sure there are numerous planes that can - this one came to mind first.

BTW - such a beautiful plane it is.

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Aether]

If you read the actual pages on your link you will see it states

For 31 flights during 1997 at the Dryden Flight Research Center, Edwards, California, the project team examined the aircraft's agility at low speed / high angles of attack and at high speed / low angles of attack. The aircraft's speed envelope reached up to 206 knots (234 mph). This aircraft was very stable and maneuverable. It handled very well.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
B2 maybe are capable of Mach 1+ speed behind it's veil of secrecy, some F-16 pilots had talked about it also, but no one can verify such rumors.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
wel might be indeed sonic boom
but i also do remember from my early school times
that i made a writing about rockets (as a kid you write about dinasours etc)
Wel i do remember to have read that in Rusia some person i ond't remember who put extreme high voltage on the rockets. It was not explained why but it made his rockets go much higher.
But as i remember from the book, it was also not practicaly as it was risky.
And ofcourse as a kid i understood that indeed electric are dangerous.
Why it worked was not explained...
Perhaps the flame attracted more oxygen?, i've got no idea

Or is it just that aerodynamics work better if it was surounded by a plasme

Or is just that the invisible plastic plane just got static from the air passing by.

Wel at least i find it intresting to read they also charge the B2 as it reminds me of the rocket story

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"Antigravitation" is the most romanticised name for the transfer of mass derived from the conservation of momentum in a rapidly spinning Gyroscope. This typically upward force of momentum is well known and explains why the dead weight of a gyroscope is greater than when the gryoscope is spinning.

This phenomena is explained in the work of Professor Eric Laithwaite...

See Laithwaite and Dawson...

www.gyroscopes.org...

Gyroscopic Propultion engines do produce upwards force, this is scientific fact, and several developers are on the verge of producing engines that are weight neutral...

www.gyroscopes.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomu
B2 maybe are capable of Mach 1+ speed behind it's veil of secrecy, some F-16 pilots had talked about it also, but no one can verify such rumors.

The B-2 is too fragile and would break if subjugated to supersonic flight. now certain parts of the body are built to with stand supersonic conditions because of the unusual shape of the aircraft where air flows past the speed of sound while the craft itself is not

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A similar effect, to a much lesser degree happens on a Concorde takeoff at v2
but this could be pure condensation?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by DeepSecrets
Is the mystery of these types of clouds beginning to be understood?

Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds tutorial written by Dr. M.S. Cramer

URL: fluidmech.net...

You hit the nail on the head DeepSecrets.

That photo in question is exactly that, they are indeed Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds.
Here's another picture of this on a B-1B:

Picture of B-1B lancer source
A few more pictures:
Wonders From the Laws and Operations of Nature
And one surrounding an F-18:

Great find, DeepSecrets.

seekerof

Even after reading the excellent tutorial many times, do we really have a solid handle on these Prandtl-Glauert (P-G) condensation clouds? Here's why. Look at this B-2 photo with a P-G cloud:

www.bugimus.com... (from www.bugimus.com... Same pic is shown here, www.aerofiles.com... with more details:

ABOUT THE PHOTO...
The Flight Test B-2 over Edwards AFB. The large, flat, beige area is Rogers dry lake bed. The group of buildings directly under the plane is South Base, home of the "Combined Test Force," the exclusive site of the B-2 flight test program in the heydays. Today this site is used for testing the B-1, B-2, and B-52. Only AV-3 is still used for flight test, and it belongs to the 509th Bomb Wing and would be returned to them for operational needs if called upon. The water vapor (cloud) seen is exactly that, condensation from pressure around the aircraft. Once I was showing a similar picture to a new man on the program and told him it was the cloaking device malfunctioning -- he bought it until I finally told him I was joking... (JC)"

Lets assume the image isn't a merger of images done with any number of software packages, or an artist's creative work painted on an electronic canvas. But a 100% legitimate photograph of a real flight. (Isn't it awful that a photograph needs a list of assumptions?) How does that cloud form over a mostly dry area? Are there 10,000 people below squirting toy water guns upward to get enough water into the atmosphere so the cloud can form? And look at the color of the cloud -- shades of dark gray. There's a tiny bit of white vapor on the wing itself too.

So far the "heavyweights" of the P-G cloud non-military photo sites, namely and in no special order, www.wilk4.com..., chamorrobible.org... (link to 1st collection, click 2, 3, 4 for the others), www.galleryoffluidmechanics.com... (pics and links to pics) and fluidmech.net... (tutorial), are silent on the photo (for any number of reasons). So could we call this an Above Top Secret [humor on] breaking image moment? [humor off]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In the photo of the B2 you linked to what is that in the background? Clouds! Not enough water in the atmosphere, pah

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Nacnud]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I didn't read through all six pages of this thread, but I wonder if anyone has pointed out the obvious:

If you have antigravity, then why do you need wings????

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
lol, yes I did say at some point (can't remember when) why would a flying wing like the B-2 need anti grav anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I still have yet to see this pic. It going to bre posted?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Very first post in this thread, unless you mean a different picture?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If "antigravity' is real, why don't we see it on commercial aircraft or as a way to ge to the space station?

I've read the stuff on the other ATS web, with all the banned members posting and all: there's no evidence there, just a series of rants with a lot of pseudoscientific jargon thrown in.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Very first post in this thread, unless you mean a different picture?

Not there.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Do you mean you can't see any pic or that it is a different one? I think there are several links through the thread that lead to this pic, though I might be thinking on the wrong lines. Anyway its only condensation like you can see in the F-18 pic above.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You referring to this skippytjc? Its the picture from the initial post.

seekerof

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wierd. I dont see any pic in the original OR Seekers. Ill have to try again from home later. I wonder if its a wierd format.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

Anti-gravity or no, but the B-2 cant 'go' super-sonic.

How exactly do you know this to be fact Fulcrum?

I know you tend to hate everything american and consider everything russian to be superior but you have no idea what the true top speed of this craft is. Either do I and I'm an american.
Hell, we don't even know the true top speed of our carriers, let alone black project aircraft.

Sigh.... Does anyone in here know what a search button is for?

Sheesh...

THE ANSWER IS OUT THERE

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join