It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 - Photo of electro-gravitic field kicking in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The picture is kick ass. I have no clue what it is but I like it.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Its not a sonic boom because of several reasons including the ones mentioned above. The B2 cannot reach a sonic boom.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
KrazyIvan, instead of starting a harsh argument with everyone, please try to think before you speak.

As pointed out, anti-gravity technology has been around for some time now (in prototype form at least). The F-117a and B-2 have had numerous links to anti-gravity as being testbeds. This is the reason the idea was likely first brought up.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anti-gravity is difficult to achieve. You have to do one of two things, either generate a gravitivc wave out of phase and then amplify it or using a type of wave guide capture a wave and similarily affect it.

Since gravity is not that well understood, and a shame at that since it possibly is the most important thing to understand, the next best solution is gravity wave disruption.

Based upon what is said here and what many feel certain about I have to wonder if the next generation bomber does in effect using 'disruptor technology.' The reason this makes sense is the tremendous speeds and control of a large craft makes radar evasion less of a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They didn't understood that on this capture (A Lockheedpromotional video), we can see the MHD stealth system lighting...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
As I've said before, there is not electro-magnetic/gravitational field needed to make the b2 stealthy. The welds are internal, everything smoothed, engines filtered, cooled, and consealed. And the main thing is that the b2 finds the radius of radio waves from radar dishes and makes a map of all radio waves radius in a large radius. The pilot then mearly flys around all the radar dish waves and gets to the target, they mearly avoid the radar.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If anything, the B-2's extremely high potential generated at the wing's leading edges are for electromagnetic wave scattering. I'm not sure if this would work practically, but you'd get a Thomson scattering effect - the aircraft would turn blurry and then disappear from view, like ye olde Klingon cloaking device.

Plasma at certain frequencies can also bend, scatter or absorb longer wavelengths. Plasma technology is also being researched to dynamically alter laser wavelength, power and various other things.

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It also just occurred to me that plasma fields can serve as anti-radiation fields, absorbing or scattering ionising radiation. With modifications, the B-2's "plasma suite" could defend against radar, visual observation, lasers, microwaves and charged particle weapons.

Yessir, time to raise them shields!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Where did you guy's find those exact numbers for the B-2's maximum speed?
Those kind of numbers have never officially been declassified. It's a 'high subsonic' bomber.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Those kind of numbers have never officially been declassified. It's a 'high subsonic' bomber.

Ill still stick with the 764 km/h at 45000ft max level speed.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
B-2 SPIRIT - SPECIFICATION from www.airforce-technology.com
Crew
normally two, pilot on left, commander or instructor on right with one additional crew member for specific mission requirement.
Dimensions

Wingspan
172 feet
Height
17 feet
Length
69 feet
Flying wing configuration
composite materials
Weights

Gross take-off weight
Maximum 336,000 pounds
Payload
40,000 pounds
Powerplant
four General Electric F118-GE-100, each rated at 77 kN
Weapons
conventional and nuclear weapons, precision guided munitions, gravity bombs, maritime weapons
Performance

Maximum speed
high subsonic speed,

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
hmm... try not to copy and paste stuff from other websites. Specifications about the B-2 can be found anywhere (actually you can find them right here on Abovetopsecret.com...).
And those kind of posts do not add much to the discussion most of the time.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
hmm... try not to copy and paste stuff from other websites. Specifications about the B-2 can be found anywhere (actually you can find them right here on Abovetopsecret.com...).
And those kind of posts do not add much to the discussion most of the time.

Thanks

no problem

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here is about the 'vortex phenomenon' that i talked about yesterday..

FAF F-18 C maneuvering in sub-sonic speed..

And this photo show quite 'mild' 'vortex reaction'..

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
While I never thought I'd see the day that I'd agree with Fulcrum on anything, I have to say I think he is right on this one. This looks to me like moisture/condensation effects around the aircraft.

At the beginning of Sept. I attended an airshow along the south coast of Lake Erie in ohio. It was about 70 degrees and partly cloudy. Part of the show included and F14 demonstration. The 14 made several high speed passes over the airport (always subsonic) but in at least 2 fly by's there was a substantial amount of sound delay (so much in fact that my 7 year old began asking me why he could not hear the plane, only to be suprisedly interrupted by the sound waves trailing behind the airplane) and during each of these passes the plane became enveloped in a cloud like the one in the picture.

I can tell you that the cloud was not "sporadic" as it stayed with the plane across the entire length of the airport and disappeared when it pulled up into a climb after the pass. It appeared to be "rolling" accross the airplane and was one of the most intresting things I've ever seen.

I am not saying that this is what is happening in the picture. But, I am saying I have first hand experience of the whole vapor cloud thing and it looked just like that...FYI

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Gee...somebody's dad happens to work in this area...

I'm going to stick with 0.8 Mach.

Actually, I've seen these numbers backed up on some defense sites too, but not official US military ones...just independents. Anything official will say "high subsonic".

Here's just one site (though I was told .8, not .85)

www.militaryfactory.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Given the B-2's modest thrust-to-weight ratio - arround 0.25, at a guess, I'd say that it would have big trouble breaking the sound barrier, especially as they're not afterburning. There's also the issue of compression on the control surfaces - are the split drag rudders able to function correctly at those speeds?

The B-1B is only supersonic low-level dash attacks, there's no real other reason for supersonic speeds in a long-range bomber...

This electrical charging thing still has me interested, though!

Mad

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
flook the b-2 can't go sonic and no pulce

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I submit for your viewing pleasure. Sorry for the crappy color and all but I don't have enough room to upload too much so I had to edit. I will be taking this down after a day or so.

Supposed to be a Jet breaking the sound barrier although this seems unlikely since the sonic boom would be real loud for so close of a view. But then again I don't know for sure. All you aviation experts can say what it is better than I can.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Looks like a breaking of the barrier over water, hence all the mist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join