It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you were a kid...what was your favorite toy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
My favorite toy was a Red Ryder BB Gun with a scope, & a thing on it that told time...lol.

Oh man... That reminds me of how deadly I was with a sling shot. Drove my mother crazy with the dead birds in the back yard. Not even sure if you can buy those high velocity sling shots anymore these days.

LOL. Dude, bury the birds, before your mother sees them.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Guys, your parents must have been rich to get you all those things

I grew up in the 50's in London and we didn't even have a bath or indoor toilet. Although there was not too many toys, a couple of different coloured building blocks, a 4th hand tricycle and a very old clockwork train - minus carriages and most of the wheels - not much else springs to mind.

I do however, remember my foster brother and I getting a pair of red
'wellies' and we would play for hours, splashing in and out of the puddles in the bombed out houses and splashes of green that were allegedly gardens.

As we grew up, we would always get into scraps with older, well off kids who had toy guns - the sort that had corks with bits of string on them and about 1960 - CAP GUNS

We learned from our mistakes, especially when not taking our 'shots' from cap firing guns and we saved our pennies until we could afford SPUD GUNS

Halcian days - gun battles on the weekends, half term and on school holidays, hiding out on the beaches of Brighton, fighting the invading Nazis and winning for a change!

Now, I am 53 and my most beloved toy is my Advent PC and Unreal Tournament - Game of the Year.

Guess I'm still a kid at heart!

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm from the pre-battery, pre-electronic era and we created our own 'virtual reality'......

Books had to be my fav.....coloring books and new crayons, comic books, Nancy Drew mysteries......loved them all! Though when I got a bike, I practically lived on it during the summer..... and I had a really great dog ( not a toy, I know, but she was a birthday present), and we were always sneaking down to the creek to go swimming.

( I can relate to your pine cone battles.....we used green walnuts!! Man they hurt! It's a wonder we all survived!)

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
My favorite toy was a Red Ryder BB Gun with a scope, & a thing on it that told time...lol.

when I was a pup all the kids had those. We would play "Army" in the woods with them. You didnt have to guess who got "killed" because they would let out a yelp when hit

I am suprised no one got blinded, I would have strangled one of my kids for doing that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join