It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United Stupifaction of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
American values of rational thought are being undermined by religious fundamentalism. This link points up a small example of the clarion call to stop the denigration of science in the US. Recent years' policies plainly show the current administration's hostility to science in favor of pandering to Christian fundamentalists. In fact, the news is full of examples of the president's deference to religiousity at the expense of science and anti-science sentiment of other administrators.

This is from the man who led America into a very expensive and completely unnecessary war based upon messages from "god." His beliefs, not rational thought, are the reason for that quagmire and the bankrupting of the US by his borrowing more money than all previous presidents combined. But he is merely a tool of Christian religionists, who seek the ultimate drug of power. Because they saw America falling away from their grasp, they installed an executive who could be easily manipulated by simple-minded religious commands. Perhaps he even attended mind-control sessions of the "Promise Keepers."

Little has done more to push me away from Christianity than the president and his government. While I was raised with Midwestern Christian beliefs (and even served as a deacon at a First Presbyterian Church), recent years' governance has given me ample reason to utterly reject those "values." Due to such values including the death of common sense and of reason, there is no compromise for me with them. They, the Christian Right, want free thought extinguished so that control is easier based upon their narrow, biblical interpretations. Of course, the anti-evolution stance is one flag around which they cluster but they also de-fund science at every opportunity.

"Christianic" propoganda flows like water throughout the US. Even email burgeons with usually insipid messages. While I want to believe in Jesus, such propoganistic machinations make it difficult. Then combined with moronic rantings of such "luminaries" as Pat Robertson and Ann Coulter, any faith I may muster is erased.

The US is in danger of losing the edge that science has historically given to the "land of the free." Perhaps that will be outsourced along with all the other jobs gone overseas. Future scientific and thus technological progress in America is dubious, given current policies and propoganda. Wake up people, how can you believe in a God that would give you such resources as intellect, observation and reasoning without giving you the freedom to exercize of such abilities?

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
IMO - this administration cherry-picks from science and fundamentalism alike. There is an agenda - and the boyz use whatever works to manipulate select population groups.

A good spotlight would show the different manipulations presented to the scientific community and the fundamentalist population - which lead to the same place.

I'm thinking genetics myths, personal responsibility in health crud, and quarantine here.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Although there is truth in your words, it seems you may have missed the point.

Bush and cronies are NOT Christians. The Bush family are masons. He uses something that has goodness in it and perverts it into a percieved institution of hypocrisy and ignorance.

I think the biggest mistake that one can make is to judge a religion based on its followers and leaders. This is fallacy.

To renounce Christianity or Islam or Judaism (etc) based on its people and leaders is what those that seek to destroy spirituality want you to do.

Never judge the MESSAGE, purely based on the merits of the MESSANGER!

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
Bush and cronies are NOT Christians. The Bush family are masons. He uses something that has goodness in it and perverts it into a percieved institution of hypocrisy and ignorance.

They are Christians, or at least puport to be... They are however, not "Masons" (I'm sure you meant Freemasons), 41 & 43 do belong to the Skull & Bones social club at Yale (it's not even a fraternity as they admit women
).

[/facts]

As this is more of a political discussion, we're gonna waltz this baby over to PTS.

Messenger Monkeys, not just for delivering on time anymore...

[edit on 3/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes they purport to be Christians.
I do not see that they are however.
They are an elite family that cannot be underestimated.
What I mean is,unlike the masses , their religous hypocrisy must be evident to them. Therefore it is no accident. Therefore there must be a reason why they say they are one thing ----> and do the opposite.
Agenda!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Whatever he is, he is NOT a very good president. Consider Richard Reeves' lucid assessment of the question - Is George Bush the Worst President - Ever? At least he has my vote for once, only for this dubious honor.

While hostility towards science and favoring his pet religion are among the list, other "accomplishments" figure prominently in the Bush record:

He has taken the country into an unwinnable war and alienated friend and foe alike in the process;

He is bankrupting the country with a combination of aggressive military spending and reduced taxation of the rich;

He has deliberately and dangerously attacked separation of church and state;

He has repeatedly "misled," to use a kind word, the American people on affairs domestic and foreign;

He has proved to be incompetent in affairs domestic (New Orleans) and foreign (Iraq and the battle against al-Qaida);

He has sacrificed American employment (including the toleration of pension and benefit elimination) to increase overall productivity;

He is ignorantly hostile to science and technological progress;

He has tolerated or ignored one of the republic's oldest problems, corporate cheating in supplying the military in wartime.

Are none of these utterly impeachable offenses?!?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If one needs more evidence (than the daily news or the Darwin Awards) of the growing stupidity in the US, witness then the moronic attack on a pro-evolution professor in Kansas. Without provocation, a couple of thugs proved that Neanderthal genetics can still be phenotypically expressed. Essentially all they've done is to prove that evolution is a fact, by way of their highly animistic hunt and attack.

While humans evolved synergistically with increasing brain size, it appears that gray matter is not very reliable when overwhelmed by fundamentalism. Apparently, the religious fervor of chanting rituals and such can cause an evolutionary reversion, de-evolution if you will. Of course, I'm not coining that term, as it has been with us for decades now. Basically though, that is coming to unamusing fruition.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Mei]), 41 & 43 do belong to the Skull & Bones social club at Yale (it's not even a fraternity as they admit women
).
[edit on 3/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

Calling the skull and bones a social club is like calling the DAR a sewing circle.

Or serano 13 a pelaso grupo.

new topics

top topics

join