It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JetBlue sued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Story here

A group of passengers has sued JetBlue Airways Corp. for passing their personal information to a Defense Department contractor.

HEEHAW..... I knew this was coming. Ok, so now all the people that want to be safe and are going YAY about the Patriot Act etc are now getting mad at JetBlue for doing what the patriot Atc et al are going after..... HAHAHA

Ok, now, I totally am against the Patriot Act, CAPPSII and all the other rights destroyers. I hope that this makes the point that, we want safety, but we still want our rights. I doubt it will make a difference, but who knows.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
And here is what they did with the data....

Army Admits Using JetBlue Data

Millions of JetBlue passenger records were used in a military effort whose methods closely resemble those employed in the notorious Terrorism Information Awareness �berdatabase program, the Army confirmed Monday.

Last week, defense contractor Torch Concepts came under heavy scrutiny after Wired News revealed that the company had crunched fliers' private data without their knowledge.

On Monday, Army spokesman Maj. Gary Tallman said the information was used by Torch Concepts to test a prototype of a data-mining system designed to screen out terrorists who might want to infiltrate or attack Army bases worldwide.

www.wired.com...

Now, anyone want to bet on whether or not the other airlines are doing this as well???????????

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's coming,and there's no stopping it.

Just change a few data fields, and you'll get a list of the most notorious "anti-government right-wing gun-nut conspiracy believing Constitution fanatics." (or to whatever one may so choose...anti-tyranny, etc., etc.)

Geezus...opppsss, that would cover many of us here....

Only one small step then, to taking "preemptive actions." Like internment......

regards
seekerof

join