It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border agent forces woman to lactate in order to prove she is a mother.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A California resident who was returning from a trip to Tijuana was accused of smuggling a baby and was forced to lactate to prove that the baby she carried was hers.

www.sciencedaily.com

SAN YSIDRO, Calif., Dec. 2 (UPI) -- A young woman says an immigration agent on the border between Mexico and California forced her to lactate to prove that the baby she carried was hers.

Zayra Cano, 18, whose legal residence is in San Ysidro, Calif., was returning from Tijuana with her parents, her fiance and the baby, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Cano said she was in the back seat breastfeeding when the family arrived at the border. An agent accused her of child smuggling and told her to produce milk.

"I felt so embarrassed," she said at a news conference with the American Friends Service Committee.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm sure baby smuggling is a problem at the US/Mexican border, but is this standard procedure? The agent is supposed to ask for a birth certificate, which the woman said she supplied. Forcing a woman to lactate is perverted and if he is found guilty from the investigation, he should be at least fired.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeh, the Agent sounds like a real creep. I'm sure he probably enjoys performing the dreaded cavity search as well.

He should be fired.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What a moron this agent is. Makes me wonder how some people make it thru life being so ignorant. If this women is nursing her baby, she probably doesn't have any other milk as backup, just exactly how is she supposed to prove it unless she removes the baby's mouth and shows the agent her breast. BTW, can't remember if it said the agent is male or female, although it doesn't matter, this is the kind of person I would love to slap in the face if they asked me to do that.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Where'd it say it was a guy? Women can be just as bad as guys. I've delt with some women agents that made men look like angels.

new topics

top topics

join