It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UAV of tomorrow, the Darkstar...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Darkstar is supposed to be a next genenration UAV. It's main strenght is the endurance, wich is far better than other UAVs. The UAV are tested at the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards. The plane can reach an altidue of 45 000 feet, and it can stay in the air for about 45 minutes, wich will give it an operation range of 500 nautical miles.. It has of course the stealth factor as any other UAV.Its first fligt was flown in March 29 1996

First flight: March 29, 1996
Classification: Experimental unmanned aerial vehicle
Span: 69 feet
Length: 15 feet
Range: 500 nautical miles
Ceiling: Greater than 45,000 feet
Power: Single turbofan engine
Accommodation: Unmanned

Darkstar official hompage

[edit on 3-12-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

[edit on 3-12-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Darkstar looks amazingly familiar

Pentagon?

Persia/Middle East?
Zarathustra, The Persian Prophet

There are many viewpoints on the timeline for Zarathustra's date of birth - vary by almost 1,000 years. At best this is all speculative. The truth will remain an enigma, but his teachings and his belief in monotheism have perpetuated throughout history. Who was this great teacher and prophet? Many scholars believe he was a priest and a prophet. He was linked to the Magi. His spiritual influences have always affected human thought and reasoning - his goals, to show human their connection a creation and their link to onesource.

www.1anunnaki.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yes, maybe it's a conspirace...
with Chrysler... Who knows...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
An endurance of forty five minutes ? That aint very long :-P The Global Hawk has an endurance of 42 hours and the Predator upwards of 24hrs.Looking at the globalsecurity.org website it says the Darkstar has an endurance of 8hrs...

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Yes, maybe it's a conspirace...
with Chrysler... Who knows...

No, I dont mean it in that way
What Im saying is the symbolisms...The chrysler logo with wings is just one of many sun god worshipping symbols...then you have the Pentagon (which make these UAVs).

Hidden in plain sight. But it is so rediculous ppl dont pay too much attention to it

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
AAAh OK... nice anyways...

The time limit must be faulty... it can't be only 45 min... I'll check it...

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hmm, Apaprently it can go 500 nautical miles, just as I said, but I couldn't get a better number on the time thing... How long would it take for a UAV to go 500 nautical miles...???

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You do know the Darkstar is terminated right?

It was a nice little UAV, it's design had merrit.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

What Im saying is the symbolisms...The chrysler logo with wings is just one of many sun god worshipping symbols...then you have the Pentagon (which make these UAVs).

Hidden in plain sight. But it is so rediculous ppl dont pay too much attention to it

Whats is rediculous is you trying to connect every symbol you have ever seen to some ancient consipracy. Its just a symbol dude.

Back to the topic. The UAV which rules today is the x-45 or the X-47. Both are incredible and much more highly advanced than the darkstar.

Train

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
^---- He's right. Tier III Minus, aka Darkstar, now sits in the USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson. Global Hawk was chosen over Darkstar as the Air Force's high altitude UAV, and the program was terminated in 1999. The X-45 and X-47 platforms will be developed into production systems for the J-UCAS program. I don't think there are any designations or nicknames yet.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain

Whats is rediculous is you trying to connect every symbol you have ever seen to some ancient consipracy. Its just a symbol dude.

Back to the topic. The UAV which rules today is the x-45 or the X-47. Both are incredible and much more highly advanced than the darkstar.

Train

You go gettem Big Train..Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
DarkStar is the UAV of yesterday. The first prototype crashed on its second flight due to software problems. The second air vehicle made several flights and was retired when the program was cancelled. The third air vehicle never flew at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Train

As a graphic designer I'll let you know that i personally use old symbols in my own logos because they work and are viewed as timeless. not always because of a consipracy.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The Darkstar, more like the UAV of yesterday.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH

Train

As a graphic designer I'll let you know that i personally use old symbols in my own logos because they work and are viewed as timeless. not always because of a consipracy.

There is no such thing as conspiracies...always remember this

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah, it could only stay up for 8 hours, which is nothing compared to the Global Hawk, the only thing it had the the Global Hawk doesn't was stealth, but other then that the Hawk beat it in all other categories.

The
The Global Hawk is pretty much the modern day version of the U-2.
The RQ-4B will be able to stay aloft for 2 day.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
OK, thanks guys... I've never been a UAV pro anyways... I jsut read about it and thought about making a thread...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Lockheed Martin/Boeing RQ-3A DarkStar (Tier III Minus) unpiloted aircraft were built as advanced concept technology demonstrators (ACTD) for a high-altitude endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (HAE-UAV) design. The first two air vehicles were flown at Edwards Air Force Base with support from the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center (DFRC). The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) managed the program on behalf of the Defense Airborne Reconnaissance Office (DARO). The first air vehicle (article number 695) arrived at DFRC on 6 September 1995. It made a successful maiden flight, but was destroyed on takeoff during its second flight. The second air vehicle (article number 696) arrived at DFRC on 16 October 1997. Following five successful flights, the program was cancelled on 28 January 1999. The aircraft returned to the Lockheed Martin Skunk Works facility in Palmdale on 18 February 1999.

Below is the entire DarkStar flight log:

AV-1 (695)

Flt. 1 / 29 MAR 96 : Aircraft functional checkout.

Flt. 2 / 22 APR 96 : Aircraft crashed immediately after takeoff.

AV-2 (696)

Flt. 1 / 29 JUN 98 : Aircraft functional checkout.

Flt. 2 / 13 SEP 98 : Fully autonomous flight from takeoff to landing utilizing differential Global Positioning System (GPS), reached altitude of 5,000 feet.

Flt. 3 / 30 SEP 98 : Envelope expansion, first attempt to reach 20,000 feet.

Flt. 4 / 27 OCT 98 : Bank angle envelope expansion, stability and control demonstration, over-the-horizon communications link check out.

Flt. 5 / 09 JAN 99 : Envelope expansion, reached altitude of 25,000 feet.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Darkstar looks amazingly familiar

Pentagon?

Persia/Middle East?
Zarathustra, The Persian Prophet

There are many viewpoints on the timeline for Zarathustra's date of birth - vary by almost 1,000 years. At best this is all speculative. The truth will remain an enigma, but his teachings and his belief in monotheism have perpetuated throughout history. Who was this great teacher and prophet? Many scholars believe he was a priest and a prophet. He was linked to the Magi. His spiritual influences have always affected human thought and reasoning - his goals, to show human their connection a creation and their link to onesource.

www.1anunnaki.com...

It's called coincidence...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
OK, thanks guys... I've never been a UAV pro anyways... I jsut read about it and thought about making a thread...

You may be more right than you know.

I posted back in September '05 that the USAF & Lockheed's Skunkworks have been working on an:
intel gathering,
deep strike capable,
high altitude,
long endurance (ie: loitering)
UAV project that insiders are calling "Son of Dark Star".

This project is expected to go public in the 1st quarter of '06 or whenever the USAF's revised "Unmanned Aircraft Systems Roadmap for 2005-30" comes out.
The reason for going public is 2 fold, to demonstrate to critics (who control the USAF's money) that the USAF is serious about UAV development and to allow the "Son of Dark Star" to compete in the J-UCAS program.

I first heard of this in a company email, the next day it was in "Aviation Week".
Here's the link to my original post:
Skunkworks working on ISR/Strike capable UAS

ATS member Fred T quoted some of the AW&ST article in my original post, as well so check it out.

This system is rumored to have been active during the invasion of Iraq, having been seen by US and British pilots. Their descriptions of the UAV is that it is a much larger, stealthy (didn't show up on anyone's radar) version of the Dark Star.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by intelgurl]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join