It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another poetry collaboration to try...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This was something we did once, in a writing group I participated in for a while. It was really fun and seemed to ignite creative fire for the whole group--and so maybe it will do the same for us if we try.

The object: to create a poem from a randomly generated list of words contributed privately to a list which is then posted for all to see.

By necessity, then, there has to be a 'round' leader--just because the nature of the exercise calls for a word list compiled by whomever participates--but must not be known to the rest until the words are all in (therefore the words must be U2U'd to the 'leader').

And so then we also have the necessity for some sort of 'deadline.' So I'll lead it this first time, just because; and to be fair, let's say that whoever is the first person to U2U their word to me is designated as the next round's leader. And to avoid being influenced by the tone of the other words, the leader decides theirs right away and makes a note.

Let's try a contribution time limit of 24 hours--no limit on the time to compose--when everyone gets theirs posted we can start anew. If 24 hours proves too brief, we can adjust.

So, anyone willing to try, just U2U me any random word of your irreverent choosing, and I'll post all the words this time tomorrow...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I posted this on a slow weekend--bad timing, rendering the deadline both ill-considered and useless. Hee hee

So if you want to send a word, please do so. I've had a couple but we need a few more.

new topics

join