It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA panel finds first ADHD patch safe, effective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - A federal advisory panel determined Friday that the first skin patch to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children is both effective and safe, bringing the patch a step closer to regulatory approval.

However, the panel of independent experts voted to recommend to the Food and Drug Administration that the patch’s label encourage its use as an alternative treatment for children with ADHD — in effect, saying doctors should prescribe it only if taking pills is too difficult for a child.

The unanimous vote by the FDA’s Psychopharmacologic Drugs Advisory Committee, saying the patch was acceptably safe, came after a formerly critical FDA reviewer reversed his opinion about the drug...

Reviewer reverses decision

In documents posted by the FDA, agency reviewer Dr. Robert Levin had said that trials showed the patch produces troubling side effects too often to be considered safe. But on Friday, Levin told the committee he had reconsidered his opinion and now judged the drug was safe enough to approve....

I smell a rat!
Given everything I have been reading about the sham science proffered by the FDA, EPA and other government agencies, I wouldn't trust this at all!

Moreover, I think there is already plenty of evidence that ADHD is over-diagnosed.

There are alarm bells ringing everywhere for me on this one.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by loam]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One more thing....

I find it highly suspicious that Dr. Levin, who was previously a critic, suddenly changed his position. What changed????

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I find it highly suspicious that Dr. Levin, who was previously a critic, suddenly changed his position. What changed????

What changed? Nothing a good threat or some $$$$$ can't fix.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

[edit on 3-12-2005 by loam]

A patch, wow. Next will be ADHD infused Pepsi. After that it will be Librium (seen the movie Equilibrium?)

Originally posted by loam
Moreover, I think there is already plenty of evidence that ADHD is over-diagnosed.

Yeah it most definetly was. It used to be very easy for a parent to get their child prescribed for ADD/ADHD. After all the controversy in the media about ADHD being overly-diagnosed, that changed drastically (for young ones).

[edit on 083131p://7u55 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the patch is as effective as the weight control patch they have going on around.

A nice way to profit, perhaps the good doctor is getting a cut from the sales.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Just another way to make it easier to drug children. It's disgusting. I have even heard of drug laced lolipops and eyedrops in the past.

It seems like, if this movement isn't stopped, it's going to be hard to escape the drugs, the garbage and everything added to our diets that quite honestly we don't need. The "prison bars" (controll drugs) are being lowered into place to keep mankind stupid and under control. If you aren't aware of this allready, then you need to do some searching on the topic. And you need to start asking questions as to why drugs are being pushed so heavily? Ask why our kids are being targeted?

Troy

new topics

top topics

join