It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency (About Area 51)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Imagine this:

A commercial jet is flying over Nevada, when suddenly something happens to its motors or something, but basically something that would force it to land to the nearest airfield.
Well suprise it happens to be that the nearest airfield is the one in Area 51, and they have no choice of making it alive to another one.

Would it be allowed to land there?
or would they just deny it being there and say dont land here etc.. what do you think.
could they land or not?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As this has happened to small-time pilots before in private planes and jets, yes they allow clearance. Immediately when they land they are isolated and confined to a small interrogationg office, they are interrogated, they sign a waver and aggreement of Disclousure and are sent outside the facility's border

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My guess, and it is just that, a guess, is that they would be told, do not land here, and if you try, you will be shot down. And if they did try to land there, they would be shot down.

Again, only a guess, but I would be sure it is fairly accurate.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
As this has happened to small-time pilots before in private planes and jets, yes they allow clearance. Immediately when they land they are isolated and confined to a small interrogationg office, they are interrogated, they sign a waver and aggreement of Disclousure and are sent outside the facility's border

How do you know this?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
theres been several Pilots whom talked about their experiences in the situation. One was a small-time pilot that flew a tour of some sites via air or something, he and two passengers were in a small private plane when the engines failed. He called for mayday and Area 51 gave him clearance to land on one runway. They landed and were greeted by armed soldiers whom took them to isolated rooms to ask what happened (make sure they werent spying or sabotaging or anything), made them sign an aggrement to disclouse any information of things they may have saw and let them go. It was on a few sites before, it's a very reliable source actually, I'll try to dig up the newssite it was on.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
theres been several Pilots whom talked about their experiences in the situation. One was a small-time pilot that flew a tour of some sites via air or something, he and two passengers were in a small private plane when the engines failed. He called for mayday and Area 51 gave him clearance to land on one runway. They landed and were greeted by armed soldiers whom took them to isolated rooms to ask what happened (make sure they werent spying or sabotaging or anything), made them sign an aggrement to disclouse any information of things they may have saw and let them go. It was on a few sites before, it's a very reliable source actually, I'll try to dig up the newssite it was on.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I THINK THEY WOULD NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
it's not there they can't land there

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, I think the, IT'S NOT THERE thing can go out the window now. With the past two (at least) presidents signing things to give Area 51 immunity to rules imposed on most facilities to disclose many procedures, it is obvious they are now admitting it's there.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Area 51 gave him clearance to land on one runway.

Only one runway? What if he needed two ???

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thats assuming that when the engines failed, it caused the plane to veer into highly restricted airspace on the way down. A big plane that could make an emergency landing there, from outside the airspace, could also probubly land in Vegas too

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First of all, Area 51 is so far out in middle of nowhere, and specifically far away from any normal commercial traffic lanes, the prospect of an airliner being close enough to Area 51 to rate an emergency landing is virtually nill.

Indeed, before an airliner (especially one blasting a radar beacon/transponder on normal commercial air traffic frequencies) came within 200 miles of Area 51, they would be on the radar, and would likely already be recieving a radio warning with instruction to change heading immediately. Failing that, they would likely be met in mid air by interceptors.

I dont see this as being in the realm of possibility.

As far as the story regarding private planes landing there, I do not see that as being a possibility. However, as some of my military contacts have some limited information on Area 51, I will inquire and see if this is anything that has ever happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What would a private tour be doing out by area 51? There is not much to see out there since you are not allowed to fly over area 51.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Most military sites would have a problem withi it if nothing was happening there of major importance. lIke Would said they just debrief them no biggie. A better senario would be an airliner going down for an emergency landin at an airport were someon like the pres is at. Would they land. Remember awhile back when Clinton closed down LAZ for a few hours to get his hair cut. WHile he was int eh proximity of the airport all flights had to be diverted.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think if it is a big jetliner with a lot of people they might let it land. But a small plane with a pilot and a passenger, might have a freak accident. And never be seen again. I think that it really depends on the incident. The gov only kills when they have to, so if nothings to fishy, then they let it land. Also it's not like all their top-secret stuff is just sitting out in the open.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Heh Yeah aslong as Hanger 3 isnt open and the drunk Aliens aren't walking around drinking and prodding everything then nothing secret is up on the top

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Heh Yeah aslong as Hanger 3 isnt open and the drunk Aliens aren't walking around drinking and prodding everything then nothing secret is up on the top

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
What would a private tour be doing out by area 51? There is not much to see out there since you are not allowed to fly over area 51.

Maybe checking out the desert?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
Imagine this:

A commercial jet is flying over Nevada, when suddenly something happens to its motors or something, but basically something that would force it to land to the nearest airfield.
Well suprise it happens to be that the nearest airfield is the one in Area 51, and they have no choice of making it alive to another one.

Would it be allowed to land there?
or would they just deny it being there and say dont land here etc.. what do you think.
could they land or not?

I think pilots would be well advised to steer clear of air space well in advance of area 51.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
if you pay taxes and not some fresh to america person, not that if you are you havent been taken advantage of for america to recieve the wealth it has; and had to make an emergency landing on a base run by our government paid for with tax dollars and human lives then you better be able to land there and have a steak ready for you when you exit the plane....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join