It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I really the only one???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's starting to look like I'm the only one around here who just doesn't even do anything that vaguely resembles working out.

I've noticed that in random discussions, people will talk about working out. And I've also noticed that I'm never one of them. Now while I know it's the way to fitness and health and blah blah blah, I'm not one who enjoys it, has time for it, or cares enough to do it. By no means am I happy with my body, and I would by all means like to change it, it's just that after a day that is sometimes up to 12 hours long, the last thing I want to come home and do is some serious cardio.

Usually this doesn't bug me. And I can't for the life of me figure out why it is now. But all I want to know is: Am I really the only one who just refuses to get off her lazy a$$ once in a while and work for the betterment of my health?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You are not alone!

The only working out I ever do is lift pints in the pub.

[edit on 2/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I doubt you are alone..
I have a feeling there a lot of talking about working out,
versus actually doing it.

I've discovered that tying a brick to my remote control has increased my upper body strength. Give that a try sometime...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I do 12 oz. curls and i got 6 pak abs.
Thats from a song I wrote. I have a set of free weights and I use em everyday.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have always hated exercise, and even as a kid I thought gym class was a total waste of a period. So your not alone on this one....

Now where did I put my smokes.

EDIT TO ADD: Over the past 8 months I've lost 50 lbs. without exercising for even one minute. I just changed my diet to match my activity level.

[edit on 8/12/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The professor that invented Gatorade was an instructor at UF in Gainseville Florida teaching sport physiology. He claimed that the human body could exist on beer indefinitly. Well being a class a personality I couldn't resist. I went 7 days days without solid food. when i got hungry i drank a beer.
Day 8- A steak and a shake
btw the way i also drank water and coffee.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You're definatly not alone. I am currently trying to find a workout I can do as well as enjoy doing but its not working out so well.

We don't have too much room in our home to work out or have any exersize equipment. We are too poor for a gym membership. If I did any thing like run or walk I'd have to bring the kids with me and anyone who has small kids should know how that works out, plus we have really cold winters so outdoor stuff all year round isn't an option for me (I don't like being out in the cold for long periods of time).

The only thing I have found that I like to do is to put on some good music and dance when I can motivate myself to do it. The problem I have faced with that is, I have really long thick hair and it gets in the way even when I put it up because it gets sweaty and weighed down. I know, yuck!

I know, blah blah...anyways you're definatly not the only one who needs to work out but just doesn't.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My idea of working out lately is getting out of bed, and lifting a can of soda.
You're not the only one.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nah, Alcor, I don't either, lol. Did for a while, and would like to, but don't have the means nor the time.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I've been trying to get back to high school form, but lately its been hard. Getting up and running every day before class sucks. Especially considering I have class at 8am. I want to find something else because thins aint gonna work. I need to enlist the help of friends to do this, cause I cant do it on my own.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I've got the free weights...but the frequency I lift them is exponentially smaller compared to the frequency I lift the glass of Whiskey

But I am going to start doing them again, I got some muscle on me and I don't want it turning into "chicken wings" and sagging lumps of flesh that shouldn't exist

Also, exercise is the best way to quit smoking and/or caffeine. After a good bit of exercise, the need for a smoke or a cup of coffee seems to be highly subdued.
So don't do as I do, do as I say - GET EXERCISING, IT'S GREAT!

*..and now, to exit this thread and get back to the reality - :w: *

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I keep fit. Not because I want to, but becasue of my job.

I'm a lazy arse at heart.

I wish I could spend a year slobbing out, eating crap everyday, surf the net and watch telly constantly every day for the whole 12 months!

Heaven!!!!

[edit on 16/1/2006 by FactoryLad]

top topics

join