It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Polls Show Arab Nations Mistrust USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Where ?

I'd suggest you'd read the report - especially up from page 20 "Who where the witnesses?"

Could you provide a source for 100k?

We are not a news organization ourselves and like everyone else can only base our information on what has been reported so far. What we are attempting to provide is a credible compilation of civilian deaths that have been reported by recognized sources. Our maximum therefore refers to reported deaths - which can only be a sample of true deaths unless one assumes that every civilian death has been reported. It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war.

Continued....

The site is NOT an Iraq War Body-Count.

It is a count of bodies reported in media they recognize.

As for the 100K figure how many links would you like???

washingtontimes.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.newscientist.com...

www.casi.org.uk...

www.cbc.ca...

Would you like more???

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

As for the 100K figure how many links would you like???

I would like one at least to a serious study.
Could you please provide one?

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
I would like one at least to a serious study.
Could you please provide one?

So what's your problem with the CBC? Sure it's PC beyond the norm but why do you discount it in this matter?

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They are refering to the Lancet (a British medical journal) analysis estimating 100,000 civilian casualties.

According to the link I provided (Logic Times: The Civilian Casualty Fable), this 'study' has been widely discredited by credible groups on both sides of the debate.

The Lancet admits the research is based on a small sample - under 1,000 homes - but says the findings are "convincing"

BBC: 29 October, 2004

I haven't seen any official estimate of the number of Iraqi civilians who have died since the outbreak of the war in Iraq - that's why I am asking for a serious study - devided in gender, also civilian death caused by insurgents/ criminals etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Ok, i'm sorry they won a battle, not a war 200 years ago
So back to my point, france has never really won a war

I had to stop laughing before I replied to this post which is why I didn't get to it sooner.

For a very long time the sun never set on the French Empire.

Your ignorance of history is supreme.

It would be a bit off topic here to go into great detail so I'll leave you with just one link that covers most everything.

www.friesian.com...

Your link is worthless as i was talking about recient history, within the past 200 years
France has been little more than an annoyance to anyone and has lost the vast majority of wars it was involved in.

France is not qualified as a superpower based on their military history of being beaten.
That was my point and still is.
Read the link I posted.
I am not french bashing, I am refering to recient history (within the past 200 years)

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess they didn't bother to ask the Iraqis themselves about Iraq

That might have something to do with the topic of the poll being Middle Easterners views of the United States. Diverting off topic is never really useful

My statement is not off-topic at all. I'm pointing out that this poll of Middle Eastern countries asked questions about what they thought about U.S. action in Iraq and the future of iraq, but Iraq isn't one of the countries they polled? Why not? Probably because they'd get a different answer from that which the pollsters desired to achieve...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Its funny how if you kill 50,00-100,000 innocent Iraqis (estimates vary) and support Israel (Newsflash!! Most Arabs aren't down with the Jews) that 80% of Arabics wouldn't trust the good ole U.S. of A.? Hmm glad we got that poll out, would've of never guessed that one.

I am very interested in the "...you kill 50,000-100,000 innocent Iraqis..." assertion. Who killed that many innocent Iraqis, and you say all of that number is innocent why? As I was told in thesociology classes, figures don't lie buit liars figure, and I am interested in the statistics.

Yes, we support Israel. In my opinion, we do not support Israel nearly enough. She is not the instigator of the woes of that region, but is the object of the hate. Because she is hated by all does not make her the evil, and it is my opinion that no matter what we do, this nation must stand by Israel. Regardless, this should notmake the Arab person not trust us, but it should make them want their governments to stop targeting Israel, and should make them want the murderous terrorist groups to leave Israel alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join