It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you think the US will pull out of Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I personaly think with the progress were making I think we could have like 30,000 troops still there possibly less by the summer of 2008. I think we need more money coming from different nations, so we can continue to build up their infrastructure. What are you thoughts? Please no bashing!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Depends on the situation in Iraq if the insurgency is growing or weakening. Also it depends on the speed and effectiveness of the Iraqi military forces as well as police to deal with crime that is rampant in Iraq. From what I am seeing I would say probably by the end of 2007 when all American troops as well as all the coalition forces be pulling out.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
America will not withdraw from Iraq ever.

America will be kicked-out.

There is a difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
America will not withdraw from Iraq ever.

America will be kicked-out.

There is a difference.

So what happened in Saudi Arabia? Did we get kicked out?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When a true Democrat/Republican/Normal person becomes president, not some Bush baby skull and bones type like Kerry, Clinton, Cheney, etc. Right now the Oil companies are using the government to do their dirty work for them and we just let them get away with it. I don't blame them, Americans are the easiest bunch in the world to manipulate.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So what happened in Saudi Arabia? Did we get kicked out?

Saudi Arabia was not invaded in a sneak attack that violated international law.

We were invited in.

And we left after they asked us to leave.

We got kicked out, but in a nice kind of way.....

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

When do you think the US will pull out of Iraq?

A number of factors will determin when the US leaves Iraq. The quality of Iraqi security forces sheer numbers isnt enough to defeat the insurgents. The training and conduct of US forces the occupying power wasnt trained in counter insurgency warfare this was clearly a mistake.

Public support for the war Politicans will only keep the troops in Iraq as long as it dosnt cost them there seat in office. The current admin dosnt seem to want to pay for the war in Iraq.
How long will parents tolarate education cutbacks?
How long will people put up Hailburton rebuilding Iraq instead of the Iraqi people ?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The US will never leave Iraq. As long as the oil flows we will maintain a strong force to see that the well heads, pipelines and storage facilities are protected. Permanent bases are being constructed as we speak.

The sad part of the Iraq debacle is that we will be caught in the middle of a civil war and continue to lose young men and women on a consistent basis.
Our leaders tell us it is an insurgency because that's what we want to hear.
Liberators is a much more palatable term than invaders. IMO we don't really care about the freedom of the Iraqi people this is just a diversion to allow the oil companys take over the oil fields and if we can get the Iraqi security forces to help our troops protect the oil companys; we may draw down to 70k, no less.

It's a brave new world!

[edit on 2-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Never. Probably some time in the future Iraq will be a sort of Afghanistan. War torn country with U.S forces based there in case of future "threats". By the way, last time I heard they'll probably be there til some where around 2007+/2008. I hope by 2007/2008, the U.S doesn't cook up some new excuse to have their grip there maintained but then again who knows what might happen in this (coming to) 2/3 years duration span.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Depends on the situation in Iraq if the insurgency is growing or weakening. Also it depends on the speed and effectiveness of the Iraqi military forces as well as police to deal with crime that is rampant in Iraq. From what I am seeing I would say probably by the end of 2007 when all American troops as well as all the coalition forces be pulling out.

I am interested as to why you think this date is the most likely? Right now I can't find any accurate figures on the performance of Iraqi troops or police. Do you have sources to back this up? Just curious.

I agree though, politically we can't keep troops on the ground longer than they need to be, too much pressure. When the insurgency calms down we will be able to withdraw but these things often take years to sort out and I have yet to see Iraqi troops taking the lead.

top topics

join