It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 US Naval Fighters of all time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The only thing stopping the Buffalo's claim is those pesky Finns who miraculously did OK with it, even against Bf 109's whose only excuse must surely have been overconfidence? In 1940 the RAF sent all its own Buffaloes to the far east " out of harms way". Oops.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I always forget about those pesky Finns. Though I think that says more about the superiority of the Zero, than it does the Buffalo. Though you do have a point, which I grant you. Or maybe the lack of training on the part of the American flyers who used it at Midway.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Suprised nobody said P-51.......
barf..............Hellcat hands down all time best fighter, sadly very few left flying.

edit OOPS were talking Navy not AAF

[edit on 13-9-2008 by 38181]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You are right about the Zero, there was an RAE flight test report which offered advice to British and American pilots in the threatre, in comparison between the F6F, F4F and Zero it said in the 'general advice' section simply "Do NOT dogfight with the zero". The emphasis on the word 'not' is there in the original.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join