It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Try snagging one of Brett Favre's rockets off a pass, at Lambeau Field, when it is a brisk 30 degrees outside. The football feels more like a brick.

It's not about bricks, if bricks were that cool every one would play sports with bricks in stead of balls, or how about we throw in some sub automatic machine guns and kill every one on the field
it's about the art of the game, the aristic part of it, the cusomisation of the game where rules some times are interpretable, I fore one if I were to chose from all american sports I would chose basseball, it's better that NFL.
Except basseball I think most of the american sports lack the artistic side, what is harder, running with the ball in u'r hand or running with the ball at your feet?
Dribling is allso limited in NFL, I would say rugby similar to NFL is easyer and who does not have the touch to play football usualy ends up playing rugby around here.
I would prefere to see some pice played with the ball with several passes from one touch ,like a scheme, than see some one run with the ball in his hads passing some line.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
It's not about bricks, if bricks were that cool every one would play sports with bricks in stead of balls, or how about we throw in some sub automatic machine guns and kill every one on the field
it's about the art of the game, the aristic part of it, the cusomisation of the game where rules some times are interpretable, I fore one if I were to chose from all american sports I would chose basseball, it's better that NFL.
Except basseball I think most of the american sports lack the artistic side, what is harder, running with the ball in u'r hand or running with the ball at your feet?
Dribling is allso limited in NFL, I would say rugby similar to NFL is easyer and who does not have the touch to play football usualy ends up playing rugby around here.
I would prefere to see some pice played with the ball with several passes from one touch ,like a scheme, than see some one run with the ball in his hads passing some line.

What the hell is bassball? You mean Basketball? Or baseball perhaps?? American football is a great sport.. All the way down from the offensive line to the defensive line there are constant battles going on. One man caught out of position can give up a touchdown. The mental block is far greater then that of soccer. Soccer is a sport that still takes great athletecism. No doubt. And i can see the artistic ability you talk about. just look at the video i posted about soccer on page 51 from youtube. But there is also artistic side in american football. How the running back runs and makes his cuts. How he uses his vision to pick a hole to shoot out of by the offensive line. Running itself becomes a thing of beauty in american football. Same with the qauterback. Hes like a surgeon, picking apart a defense. American football is about exposing your opponents weaknesses. Its fun to watch all the different type of schemes a defensive coordinator uses to try and confuse the quaterback and offensive coordinator and visa versa. You need to understand american football to like it i guess. If you dont then theres no point in watching any sport, let alone american football.

[edit on 123131p://111 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes indeed. The art in Pro US football is that hitting your holes in succesive fluid strides, no wasted motions that will slow you down is a thing of beauty. It's violent and brutal yes, but there is some grace. Especially in the air game, when a quarterback hits a reciever in stride and splits the safeties, or a throw on the run concetrating on who is open downfield while a bunch of fast 280 pounders are at your throat chasing you down.

But, Ill admit. Soccer is bigger than any other sport, with baseball second and when that World Cup comes around, I dont think any drama can compare to that of a world cup. Exciting, suspenseful, dramatic. All those countries. Imagine a world where NFL allstars compete against CFL allstars, and if 30 other countries had football teams and their allstars representing their countries all go together in a tournament. It has just happened this past year for baseball and it would be amazing for football. Problem is, I think Europeans won't evolve into playing such a physically demanding sport for another 15 years at least. NFL europe is composed of undrafted american players and I doubt Europe can muster up players with the physical ability needed to compete with NFL standards.

new topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join