It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There's only one kind of football... the kind you play with a ball and your feet.. soccer (or as we Dutchy's correctly translate "voetbal") is therefore the only real football..

rugby, american and aussy football is not about having suberb skills in controlling a ball with just your feet.. it;s more about who's got the biggest bodymass and can run down as many opponents as possible, while holding the ball in your hands.. please call it handball or something..

(realizing I might have struck some nerves I hastely retreat from this threat..

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Soccer is done with... It never had a chance to begin with.

Hell, I'll give Rugby it's due... At least it's a full contact sport, and not some sissy cry fest. It may not be as physical as football, but it sure isn't wussy. I do like the tradaition - particularly the All-Blacks and the "Haka"... I'll give it up to the Kiwis for that one.

At least Rugby can lay claim as the father of football - the true greatest game ever invented.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phiniks

rugby, american and aussy football is not about having suberb skills in controlling a ball with just your feet.. it;s more about who's got the biggest bodymass and can run down as many opponents as possible, while holding the ball in your hands.. please call it handball or something..

Mate it takes far more skill to kick an AFL ball than a simple soccer ball. Not to mention an AFL players stamina and fitness far exceeds that of any soccer player. I'm sure you already know that though and a re just stirring.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know, if it wasn't for soccer or rugby, the NFL wouldn't be in existance today. Besides, isn't the NFL a rugby based sport anyway?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
You know, if it wasn't for soccer or rugby, the NFL wouldn't be in existance today. Besides, isn't the NFL a rugby based sport anyway?

Yes NFL is not original by any means, not even basseball is original.
They all originate from football(soccer) and other sports.
Personaly if I had to pick an american sports game I would pick baseball.
NFL is just a dumb copy of rugby and football , if it were not for them NFL would never exist.
But tastes are tastes so any one can like anithing.
If american mad man likes NFL so be it, as long as he does not make us wach it

But I beg him not to get upset when football(soccer) takes over there(america is made out of emigrants)
When I think that the mexicans :shk: prefere what we prefer and the canadians prefere hokey :shk: , I guess their the only world champs when it comes to NFL hilarius hahaha

I dont mind them waching NFL , any one can wach what they like, it just that they expect NFL to take over the world.
NFL will never develope anywhere else, while soccer has a biger chance there in USA , NFL never had a chance any where but united states.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
rouge 1, have you ever played soccer? those guys run up and down the field non-stop, NFL guys only play about half da game, you know either offense or defense, so while soccer players are sissys they are better conditioned sissys.
that said, the only real football involves an oblong pigskin ball and a helmet.

GO COLTS!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My canadian friend told me once that the CFL had a slogan.."our balls are bigger" cause they use a bigger football. I think thats great, but as for me, the only other sport aside from american football is american college football!!! But to each his own, no one is right or wrong here, well, maybe I'm wrong...My 2 favorite teams are also two of the worst...GO RAIDERS...GO LIONS

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
soccer (football) is the BIGGEST sport on the planet.
american football is not very popular over here.
i manage (coach) a soccer team here in scotland, and i know hundreds of players/fans etc, and not 1 i know has ever played/watched american football.
soccer is the main sport in 99% of the worlds countrys.

american football to me is to stop-start and although i dont like it i certainly dont hate it.

soccer is the no1 sport on the planet...FACT

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Mate it takes far more skill to kick an AFL ball than a simple soccer ball. Not to mention an AFL players stamina and fitness far exceeds that of any soccer player. I'm sure you already know that though and a re just stirring.

stop that !!!

soccer players play 2x 45 min periods and its NON STOP
american football lads play start stop and kick the ball like 3 times a game (or something)
american football players are real tough, but there is 100% more skill involved in soccer

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue 1

Originally posted by shauny

stop that !!!

soccer players play 2x 45 min periods and its NON STOP
american football lads play start stop and kick the ball like 3 times a game (or something)
american football players are real tough, but there is 100% more skill involved in soccer

Im sure rogue 1 was referring to AFL (australian football league), whos players aremore skillful than soccer players and fitter.

They need to be able to kick an oval shaped ball accurately with either foot up to 50 metres, hand pass with either hand, catch the ball in a pack, bounce an oval ball on the ground while running at full pace and have the ball bounce back into there hands without breaking stride, tackle, bump with the hip and shoulder and run upto 20 kms a game which lasts from between 100-120 mins.

EDIT bb code M4S

[edit on 31/3/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh God, not this...

I'm sick of fellow Americans acting so arrogant. "Omgz our sports are the only real sports!111"

Stop acting like America is the center of the world, and perhaps other countries will stop hating us in general.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Oh God, not this...

I'm sick of fellow Americans acting so arrogant. "Omgz our sports are the only real sports!111"

Stop acting like America is the center of the world, and perhaps other countries will stop hating us in general.

I dont hate you guys, i dislike the fact that our govt thinks that we need to be americanised at the expense of our and indiginous australians culture. ( whoops sports thread turning political, sorry)

Lighten up, this whole thread seems to me to be a light hearted discussion on the perspective we have of two different sports though that has evolved into a debate at times of just about every sport under the sun.

AFL rules the universe

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Football (soccer) won this thread years ago. It was deemed that it was a far superior sport to any other, and such American members as AmericanMadMan and Dr.Love not only agree, but have agreed to petition their local governers to get AF replaced with "Soccer".

So, as anyone can see, Soccer wins again, and in doing so, takes it's rightful name back, FOOTBALL.

Anyone who disagrees shall surely be getting a kick in the liver from the ghost of George Best, and rightfuly so.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Oh God, not this...

But we are the center of the world. Stop denying it.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just a little update here; Houston's new MLS soccer team, the Houston Dynamo, destroyed the first team they played 5-2. Brian Ching scored four goals, which in all likelihood makes him the best soccer player in the world and makes the Dynamos the best soccer team in the world. Take that Euros!

All hail Reggie Bush, the second coming!

Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I say "NAY".

Put Brian Ching against Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville and Nemanja Vidic, and he'd sooner be scoring four own goals than putting any past Edwin "The Flying Dutchman" Van der Sar.

On a related note - Come on Tottenham, Bolton and West Ham! You can and must do some damage to Chelsea. We all like a title chase, especially one that could end with Mourhinos sad little face crying into a pack of Walkers (borrowed from Lineker).

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Just a little update here; Houston's new MLS soccer team, the Houston Dynamo, destroyed the first team they played 5-2. Brian Ching scored four goals, which in all likelihood makes him the best soccer player in the world and makes the Dynamos the best soccer team in the world. Take that Euros!

All hail Reggie Bush, the second coming!

Peace

Yeah but no but, in nfl europe the Rhein Fire beat Berlin Thunder 22-0 the other week, so that must make them the best wankball team in the world! Take that Yankees! or summut or nothin........

Oh, I just had a word with Thierry

he says shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Come back see me when your team can do this to a team like Villa

[edit on 3-4-2006 by ridcully]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why are we still discussing this?

I thought it was already proven that American Football is a much better sport than soccer, that USA is the best in every sport and the rest of the world is gay.

I'd say is time to close this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I so agree...American football is the only true football.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cojo
I so agree...American football is the only true football.

Yes! It is a sport for real men!

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Peronemlin]

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join