It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
what more American activity can one do than to create more reasons for everyone to hate Americans?

especially if it allows us to make fun of a sissy sport like soccer!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Flags are for girls and American Football Enthusiasts.

We have very manly Red and Yellow cards, made of steel and each infused with a single drop of sweat from a secret lovechild of Sean Connery and Margaret Thatcher. It doesn't GET any more masculine!

Now that's funny!

However, the manly little pieces of paper your refs hold up to the player (in a very sissy way I might add) have nothing on our heavy flags that are thrown like hand grenades across the field...

Besides, we have Chuck Norris simply touch all of our flags... Don't make me teach you a thing or two about Chuck Norris.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
could Margeret Thatcher take ole' Chuck?
i mean is is a broad but she be a toughbroad...

ok chuck is the third round by TKO.

but i digress Soccer sucks!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Not in sport it doesn't.

Maybe not the rest of the world combined, but certainly several times any other nation.

Hell, just look here for proof. The US dominates like no other nation ever has in more areas then any other nation ever has.

And do understand that the lead has GROWN since then.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
could Margeret Thatcher take ole' Chuck?
i mean is is a broad but she be a toughbroad...
quote]

Chuck Norris would round house kick that broad so hard her head would exceed the speed of light, then travel back in time, only to be round house kicked again. This cycle would be repeated untill Chuck Norris decided to stop.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
oh yeah, i forgot the bit about brits being sissy's (they play soccer, that alone makes 'em sissys)
you're right, Chuck in da first.
Go Chuck!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sissys, yeah right. At least we got the balls to play other countries at team sports. And not throw our toys out the pram and pretend we dont care when we lose. I suppose theres plans to allow a few more Cubans into the USA now? At least you might not get your asses handed to you in baseball again eh? I mean, if you let them in, slap on the stars and stripes, you can claim they were yours all along right? Maybe let a few Japs in too, I hear theyre quite good. Dont care though I take it? Just carry on playing with yourselves in the deluded idea you really are the best of the best

[edit on 23-3-2006 by ridcully]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Football Wins Again. Face it, as soon as you realized Thatcher was on board, the battle was over. The Iron lady declares American Football a sham, and demands that American Football take up the mantle of "Soccer", reasoning that it is more suited to the "Run at them and 'Sock em'" mentality, as opposed to our "Foot to Ball" philosophy.

Hey, I ain't gonna argue with her.

P.s. She also says that from now on Balls shall be Spherical. Any "ball" that refuses to become Spherical shall henceforth be known as "Stinking Egg Shaped Monstrosity" Or "Mr Eggy" for short.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
LOL @ Chebob Good one old chap!

Heres a funny little article I came across. Sissy sport eh? And the yanks can't even win at it, and get their asses kicked when they try! Gotta love it

DORTMUND, Germany (AP) -- Gregg Berhalter had a welt under an eye. Josh Wolff walked off the field with a concussion and a cut that needed five stitches. Cory Gibbs had a bruise on his knee.

Germany didn't just beat the United States, the Germans beat up on the Americans, a 4-1 rout Wednesday night that relieved some of the pressure on the World Cup hosts and did little to inspire confidence in the U.S. team.

After a scoreless first half that left the home fans booing and whistling, the Germans went ahead when halftime sub Bastian Schweinsteiger scored 21 seconds into the second half. Germany then overwhelmed the Americans with goals by Oliver Neuville (73rd minute), Miroslav Klose (75th minute) and Michael Ballack (79th minute).

"What this game proves is who can play at this level and who can't," U.S. goalkeeper Kasey Keller said
source

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And not throw our toys out the pram and pretend we dont care when we lose.

Honestly, as far as the WBC goes, nobody gives a rats arse that we lost. Now if you're talking basketball in the Olympics, that hurts like hell because there's no way in hell that any other team in the world should be able to make it enough of a game to make it interesting. IMO they should make the previous year's NBA championship team the olympic team then you'd see a different result. Chemistry being the key of course.

I suppose theres plans to allow a few more Cubans into the USA now?

No, they'll still have to swim or raft into US territorial waters. Even then if they can't throw a 95mph heater and a wicked splitter they're gonna get shipped back. I think the rule for every Cuban is that if you can make it to the beach you can stay.

As far as the US losing to Germany.......................GOOD!! Actually there was a pretty big write up about it in my local paper this morning. It gave me something to laugh about as I was taking my morning dump.

Go Ghana!

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"Soccer" as you call it is a game of skill not strength (unless you count bobo balde). It gets played in all countries across the world, unlike american football where the ball barely gets kicked.

In american football the game gets stopped every few minutes, whats the point in that, it stops the fluency.

Football is about the magic in players such the late George Best and 'Jinky' Johnstone. And in more recent times, zidane, ronaldinho, nakamura!

American footballers don't have the skill required to succed in anything else, apart maybe wrestling!

Come on the hoops

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't believe this is still going on and on...

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Soccer is an inferior sport to football. This has been proven in this thread.

Hahahaha... that made me laugh a lot...

The problem is I cannot find where it has been proven...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Not in sport it doesn't.

Maybe not the rest of the world combined, but certainly several times any other nation.

Hell, just look here for proof. The US dominates like no other nation ever has in more areas then any other nation ever has.

And do understand that the lead has GROWN since then.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by American Mad Man]

Ahh not quite accurate mate look here

"Yet the US gold medal total of 35 was the lowest since the Montreal Olympics in 1976.
"It's more and more difficult, as time goes on, for US athletes to gain a spot on the podium," Scherr said."

Per capita you guys are miles behind, but thats o.k, perhaps you could get american football included in the next olympics.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Next time somebody asks me why people hate Armerica I will send them here.:shk:

If you hate it so much, get the hell out. There are literally MILLIONS of people trying to come here on a weekly basis.

Do us all a favor and move.

What are you talking about ? Where did I say that I hate America? I hate arrogance, ignorance and people who speak in meaningless absolutisms (see above) which is present on certain posts on this thread, that is what I was referring to.

On another note, AMM earlier on this thread you mention that indoor soccer is superior to footy. So by your logic Arena Football is superior to NFL Football?

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Someone please answer this for me. How in the world is Arena Football superior to the National Football League, the Canadian Football League, The Champions League, and EUFA???? Seems to me like the arena football would be more inferior to those leagues. Just look at how many guys from the A.F.L. and made it big time in the National Football League.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Someone please answer this for me. How in the world is Arena Football superior to the National Football League, the Canadian Football League, The Champions League, and EUFA???? Seems to me like the arena football would be more inferior to those leagues. Just look at how many guys from the A.F.L. and made it big time in the National Football League.

I totally agree I was referring to an earlier post by AMM.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Sissys, yeah right. At least we got the balls to play other countries at team sports. And not throw our toys out the pram and pretend we dont care when we lose. I suppose theres plans to allow a few more Cubans into the USA now? At least you might not get your asses handed to you in baseball again eh? I mean, if you let them in, slap on the stars and stripes, you can claim they were yours all along right? Maybe let a few Japs in too, I hear theyre quite good. Dont care though I take it? Just carry on playing with yourselves in the deluded idea you really are the best of the best

[edit on 23-3-2006 by ridcully]

We didn't play Cuba, and we beat Japan. But don't let the FACTS get in the way of anything...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

Not sure about it being the only kind of Football, but I'm a big fan of Ole Miss, I know it's college football, but I still listen to every game over here, downunder.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
In american football the game gets stopped every few minutes, whats the point in that, it stops the fluency.

You think soccer is a "fluid" sport???

Give me a break. of a 90 minute game, 75 minutes are played in the mid field with the two teams trying (in vain of course) to get control of the ball.

At least in football an offensive drive is fluid, much like a great commander marches his army across the theater of war, so too does a QB march his team down the field to a TD.

Football is about the magic in players such the late George Best and 'Jinky' Johnstone. And in more recent times, zidane, ronaldinho, nakamura!

Zidane isn't magic...He's a bald frog who trips over himself. Ronaldinho? Brazilian dud with a nappy hair cut - who trips over himself. All game long, all you see consistantly in soccer is one thing:

PLAYERS TRIPPING OVER EACH OTHER

That isn't magic - it's lack of coordination.

American footballers don't have the skill required to succed in anything else, apart maybe wrestling!

I guess that's why many of them are drafted to play proffesional baseball and play D1 basketball, track & field, and many many other sports?

BTW - can one of you Euros explain what is up with ALL soccer players having RETARDED hair cuts.

WTF is up with this?

Memo to David Beckham...

We know you really want to come to America, and want us to accept you. However, the mullet is not a "stylish" haircut, it is a white trash do from the late 80's/early 90's!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
What are you talking about ? Where did I say that I hate America?

Sorry, I miss read your post. My mistake.

On another note, AMM earlier on this thread you mention that indoor soccer is superior to footy. So by your logic Arena Football is superior to NFL Football?

No not at all.

The reason indoor soccer is superior (in my mind) to out door soccer is that out door soccer is too slow paced. The overwhelming majority of the time, the ball is in the midfield. Contrary to the belief of many soccer fans here, MOST of a 90 minute game isn't spen displaying the skills of it's athletes. Rather, it is a slow paced boring contest to attempt to get the ball into a position to attack.

In indoor soccer, there are fewer players and no offsides, which allows offensive flow to the game. Scores are reasonable instead of pathetically low. The players are nearly always sprinting (Again, unlike in the myth of outdoor soccer, where 16 of the 22 players are standing or walking and NOT running). Also, there is nearly no out of bounds, and fewer penalties, and the game - by it's nature - is much more physical.

On the other hand, the only difference between arena football and the NFL is the number of players, the abillity for a reciever in motion to run forward, and smaller goal posts. The game is basically the same. The NFL has the perfect ballance of offense and defense... It doesn't need the improving that soccer does.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by American Mad Man]

[edit on 24-3-2006 by American Mad Man]

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join