It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Be careful, I don't want this thread to turn into an argument over my av. Seems like its probably the one area that has not been fought over.

I think anyways

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
So, I'll take your evasive response as a resounding NO - you don't go to the Wharton school of business, LOL. I'm sure your studying hard to get into it though
you're either born with brains or you aren't, studying maeks no difference

[edit on 20-3-2006 by rogue1]

You took my answere wrong then chap.

However, I didn't end up doing the Lauder program, which was my goal. I'm just not good enough with languages to have that much more work.

Again, I am a lot of things, but a meathead is not one of them.

In any case, I don't really think my superb higher education has much to do with the subject at hand, namely:

FOOTBALL AS SUPERIOR TO SOCCER

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

FOOTBALL AS SUPERIOR TO SOCCER

Bah.....why do we even bother? This is like arguing with a penguin about the colour of snow.

Besides, Football IS Soccer, Thats why we have "American" Football and Football, not Football and "World" Football.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Bah.....why do we even bother? This is like arguing with a penguin about the colour of snow.

Besides, Football IS Soccer, Thats why we have "American" Football and Football, not Football and "World" Football.

No, see, there is FOOTBALL - a sport played by the most physically intimidating humans on Earth in a modern epic gladitorial like match of speed, quickness, skill, strength, technique and strategy...

And then there is Soccer, a game played by little boys who get their panties in a bunch when ever they are "fouled" (read: they trip over their shoe laces) and act as if they have won the lottery whenever they happen to actually put the ball in that over sized goal.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
American Football "Legends" are known only to fans of American Football, and Americans.

FOOTBALL legends are known throughout the world - Pele, Maradonna, Best, The Charlton Brothers, The Busby Babes, Cantona etc. etc. etc.

AF will never be popular with us, Football still has plenty of opportunity to inavade and assimilate your citizenry

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

No, see, there is FOOTBALL - a sport played by the most physically intimidating humans on Earth in a modern epic gladitorial like match of speed, quickness, skill, strength, technique and strategy...

Seriously man, thats just too funny.......y'all should be the announcer on the pantomime wrestling......sorry WWE
Or even at the cinema, pronouncing how couragous Tom Cruise is, and how he's gonna save the world, yet again, in his platform shoes. This time hes taking on the most physically intimidating humans on Earth in a modern epic gladitorial like match of speed, quickness, skill, strength, technique and strategy......

And then there is Soccer, a game played by little boys who get their panties in a bunch when ever they are "fouled" (read: they trip over their shoe laces) and act as if they have won the lottery whenever they happen to actually put the ball in that over sized goal.

Whats this? a wankballer preaching about over sized goals? I've heard it all now

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

FOOTBALL legends are known throughout the world - Pele, Maradonna, Best, The Charlton Brothers, The Busby Babes, Cantona etc. etc. etc.

Who? I think I have heard of that Pele guy... But who the hell are these other dudes?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Football Soccer still has plenty of opportunity to inavade and assimilate your citizenry

Not really... Unfortunately soccer has a stigma about it. It is associated with feminism, soccer moms, pencil necked geeks, and generally disliked by the majority. There really is no chance for soccer to catch on in the U.S. You heard it here first.

If you are a man in the U.S. of A. you play any sport... But not soccer. Unless your mommy makes you play soccer.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Amen brother. I played both and I can tell you that Rugby beats them both. But in comparison between just hose two, Football rocks!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Who? I think I have heard of that Pele guy... But who the hell are these other dudes?

I said "throughout the World", we all know that doesn't include your secluded area across the Pond from us

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is just dumb, the thing is we love our game and you love yours, so whats the big freakin deal?
We will never adapt to american football, it's not our style, we have diferent tastes, is that so bad?
maybe I like pepsi and some one likes coke in fact I like pepsi but i love beer lol.
If you dont want to play our game I take no offence in that so I dont see the problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Seriously man, thats just too funny.......y'all should be the announcer on the pantomime wrestling......sorry WWE
Or even at the cinema, pronouncing how couragous Tom Cruise is, and how he's gonna save the world, yet again, in his platform shoes. This time hes taking on the most physically intimidating humans on Earth in a modern epic gladitorial like match of speed, quickness, skill, strength, technique and strategy......

You find it funny, but frankly that's what it's all about.

Football is just much more demanding in every way compared to soccer. And I am a FAN of soccer. It's just so soft compared to football.

Whats this? a wankballer preaching about over sized goals? I've heard it all now

I play BOTH sports. I don't know why that is so hard to understand. The fact is, soccer needs to be revamped if it is going to rival football. The goals are too big (or maybe too small - it sepends on if you think soccer players are poor athletes or not). Physical contact is non existant. Teams generally win in spite of themselves when it comes to the pros.

You just can't hope to compare such a nancy boy sport such as soccer to a Mans game such as football.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I said "throughout the World", we all know that doesn't include your secluded area across the Pond from us

Our "secluded area" has more influence on the world then the rest of the world COMBINED.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Our "secluded area" has more influence on the world then the rest of the world COMBINED.

I was just about to admit defeat.....then Castro tapped me on the shoulder and said "Influence? Pfft *spit* Filthy pigs don't know meaning of word"

Football is the name given to a number of different, but related, team sports. The most popular of these worldwide is Association football, which is known as soccer in several countries.

Wikipedia - FOOTBALL

[edit on 22-3-2006 by chebob]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Not in sport it doesn't. I see by your 'mood' your shouting for Team USA. Which Team USA would this be? I've thought about it, and no, I can't think of any recent victories on the world stage

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Mmmm, cant see this guy being very physically intimidating, not to mention speedy!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What happened to McPhisto's post? Did he have a soccer meltdown and get put on GI?

Is GI like getting a red flag or green flag or yellow flag? I don't even know if those are the right colors. As far as I'm concerned if it has anything to do with soccer then it should be a pink flag.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Flags are for girls and American Football Enthusiasts.

We have very manly Red and Yellow cards, made of steel and each infused with a single drop of sweat from a secret lovechild of Sean Connery and Margaret Thatcher. It doesn't GET any more masculine!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Next time somebody asks me why people hate Armerica I will send them here.:shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Next time somebody asks me why people hate Armerica I will send them here.:shk:

If you hate it so much, get the hell out. There are literally MILLIONS of people trying to come here on a weekly basis.

Do us all a favor and move.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join