It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What ever you say it's okay I know football(soccer)is much better.
The problem is that the game is much harder when you dont hold the ball in your hand, it requiers skill, holding it is much easy while controling it with out holding it is much harder.

What si harder ?to get the ball with out geting the player or geting the ball grabing the player, that's where you dont see the skill.

What is harder, scoring in a restricted area or crosing a line wide as the field ?and how?by holding it in u'r arm.

it would be hilarius for a football(soccer player) to grab the ball and to enter the goal with it

we are from USA we dont understand:bnghd: we want to get the ball so we grab you so we can get the ball:bnghd:just like in stone age

Class is something that you dont understand my friend.
You run 5 seconds and then stop, wow what a efort.
The game on tv is more ads and girls than american football it's self, but it's okay, none of you can stop it, it's inevitable, there are people there that wants to see real football, it;s already on abc, it's just a matter of time before we make football(soccer)field out of american football fields, dont belive me wach this.

mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2005/open/topplays/archive10/102105_dcuchf_ecs_ri mando_saves_384.wmv

And american football will become just like rugby is here has a secondary sport.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
What si harder ?to get the ball with out geting the player or geting the ball grabing the player, that's where you dont see the skill.

Here is the thing...

As someone who doesn't understand football, you don't see the skill. All you see is a guy getting tackled.

When an American watches football, we see the offensive guard pull and we see the FB cut block a defensive tackle that has nearly a hundred pounds on him. We see the line backer take on he offensive guard and give him a swim move to shed the block, and then we see him use proper knee bend and pad level to tackle through the ball carrier, all while using his off arm to attempt to strip the ball and force a fumble.

Frankly, I think it is MUCH harder to make a tackle in football then it is in soccer. I also believe it is MUCH harder to complete a pass in football then it is in soccer.

Thinking about it, I can imagine how other people don't understand r apreciate the game of football, as so much of it is in the nuences and subtleties. So much of the game is technical that it is very hard to understand and interprate without having been brought up playing and watching it.

What is harder, scoring in a restricted area or crosing a line wide as the field ?and how?by holding it in u'r arm.

Obviously based on the number of scores ineach respective game, it is harder to score a goal in soccer then a TD in football. However, I would also say it requires a greater range of skill and athleticism to play football. Simply because it is harder to score in one sport does not mean that sport requires more skill.

Class is something that you dont understand my friend.
You run 5 seconds and then stop, wow what a efort.
The game on tv is more ads and girls than american football it's self, but it's okay, none of you can stop it, it's inevitable, there are people there that wants to see real football, it;s already on abc, it's just a matter of time before we make football(soccer)field out of american football fields, dont belive me wach this.

Frankly, I'd love to see the level of domestic American soccer improved. Beyond enjoying the game, we need something to fill in the days between Sundays.

And american football will become just like rugby is here has a secondary sport.

If you really believe this you are dellusional...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I don't really know what that fish bit is about though. I think that's what it means.

Is that what you meant, pepsi?

He must of been thinking of this chap!

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Sorry Dr. Love, but everything you said was half-reliable until 'de Niro' was taken from the Avatar. Now your words are as empty and lifeless as the proverbial pigskin.

Just kidding

Damnit don't say that!
I'm missing Bob myself. Chissler did such an outstanding job on this avatar that it seems a shame dump it already. I found another picture of DeNiro/Ace Rothstein that I'm going to ask chissler to make into an avatar for me.

Chebob, yours is a riot. What did Kool-aid guy bust into? Is that a church or something?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What did Kool-aid guy bust into? Is that a church or something?

If I remember correctly, it's a courtroom
If I was in court, I don't think anything would please me more than to have proceedings adjourned due to a giant talking Kool-Aid man

Anyone watch the Carling Cup final yesterday? An excellent display of attacking football, the only downpoint was Ruud's dissapointment at the end, but you can't blame the guy, he deserved at least 10 minutes play towards the end.

And yes, I realise the Carling Cup lacks stature, but a cups a cup and we needed it.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I didn't watch it Chebob, although I went to the pub to see it. Unfortunately my local is a West Brom pub. Which isn't normally a problem for me but yesterday we was forced to watch Hasslebank hand our asses to us! Yep, the panda pops league beckons!
I would've liked to have seen it though, although I was rooting for Wigan, them being the underdog and all. Having said that, anything that gives Rooney, Ferdinand and any of your other England squad members confidence before the World Cup, can only be considered a good thing. Congratulations

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yeah, it'll be good for their confidence. Wes Brown was *almost* man of the match, which gives England another boost if he can keep up that kind of performance in the summer.

West Brom have got some of the toughest matches coming up (Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham...) but I could see them getting a few results, Arsenal are in decline, Everton should be a chance, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get something against West Ham and Newcastle. I'd like to see West Brom stay up, they play a good style of football, and I'd rather see Birmingham or Villa go down.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I can't see it myself, Chebob. We just can't find the consistency needed to survive in the prem. On our day, we're a match for anyone, watching them against Man City and Tottenham, they were fantastic. But you've got to do that match after match which we're not doing. And like you say, we've got some damned hard games coming up. Im going to as many as I can, Chelsea Saturday and booked tickets for Liverpool today. Really wanted to see ManU too, but at nearly £40 a pop, it gets too much with the games coming so close together. Especially since I don't want to go another season not having a season ticket so I've gotta start saving for that as well. Even if it is in the panda pops league! The only plus side of that being we'll get to batter the dingles at wolves again!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Sorry Dr. Love, but everything you said was half-reliable until 'de Niro' was taken from the Avatar. Now your words are as empty and lifeless as the proverbial pigskin.

Here here... The man speaks the truth doc. Well... Except of the part about lifelessness and pigskin. But, we are still working this issue out right? I see him coming towards the light... Slowly. Bring back De Niro... Or something from Scarface. The greatest gangsta' movie of all time. *wink*

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, the one I have now is Pacino from the movie Carlito's Way, a DePalma classic, but I'm missin' DeNiro too.

A new and improved (hopefully) DeNiro is in the works.

Hey Lost, did you hear the rumor about Vince Young scoring a 6 on his Wonderlic test? That rates out as "moron" on the chart I saw.
It had to of been a mistake. It's freakin' impossible to score that low.

Peace

edit: Who keeps effin' with the format of this thread? Must be some effin' soccer fan!

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Hey Lost, did you hear the rumor about Vince Young scoring a 6 on his Wonderlic test? That rates out as "moron" on the chart I saw.
It had to of been a mistake. It's freakin' impossible to score that low.
[edit on 27-2-2006 by Dr Love]

From what I heard, every player in his testing group had their wonderlic graded wrong. He retook it and scored a 16. Still sad in my mind, but then again Dan Marino and DOnovan McNabb scored 12s, so it really doesn't have much of an impact.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ohhh, and while we are on the subject of the NFL scouting combine...

Did anyone see Vernon Davis ran a four point three two forty yard dash? I'll say that again:

4.32 forty.

Thats at 252 pounds and 6'4".

That's just silly. Also had a 42" vertical jump...

This is Vernon Davis...on his way down.

If he played soccer, he'd be the best athlete to ever play the sport. In football he's just another good athlete.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If he played soccer, he'd be the best athlete to ever play the sport. In football he's just another good athlete.

Skill and tactics can out manuver him.
Run where?remember he cant grab the ball and run with it in his hands.
If he makes a run he has to have the skill to control the ball with out holding it.
He would probaly not get passed the first player.
Holding the ball is another thing, controling it with out holding it is another.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Pepsi,

I think we all understand soccer enough to know you play it with your feet. Can you at least give us Americans that much credit? What American Mad Man is saying is, if this football player grew up playing soccer. You know... instead of football. He would be pretty damn good. In fact, America would produce some of the best socer players in the world. If we gave a damn.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Pepsi,

I think we all understand soccer enough to know you play it with your feet. Can you at least give us Americans that much credit? What American Mad Man is saying is, if this football player grew up playing soccer. You know... instead of football. He would be pretty damn good. In fact, America would produce some of the best socer players in the world. If we gave a damn.

Hahaha u'r hilaryus, remember pro football soccer "the best game in the world " produces players rased in young clubs that have been perfected for years.
To reach that level you must have the knolege to do so.
Holand has a very good soccer school it's one of the best in the world.
You can bring coaches from europe I supose you can do that.
It takes time any way.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I love America!
steamboat willy toot toot , Betty boop what a dish , betty grable great gams,oh say can you see, oh say can you see dah dah dah dah da dah

Really ive got to quit the old :w:

Be proud that you have the finest (american)football teams in the universe!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
I love America!
steamboat willy toot toot , Betty boop what a dish , betty grable great gams,oh say can you see, oh say can you see dah dah dah dah da dah

Oh man, what movie was that from again?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Did anyone see Vernon Davis ran a four point three two forty yard dash? I'll say that again:
4.32 forty.

Thats at 252 pounds and 6'4".

That's just silly. Also had a 42" vertical jump...

Sorry to get personal on this thread as I've done that before but I dont understand your last sentence?

Are you saying that being born in the U.S. makes you inherintly better at sport? Is it in the water in the U.S.? A sport called FOOTBALL is played throughout the world by our beloved Planet EARTH. A sport called football is played throughout North America but... A college draft pick would be superior to the rest of the world?

Just want to know what this manifest destiny is? How do we (Americans) do it? Not trying to be personal, trying to understand.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Bah, with this "American Football" there seems to be too much emphasis on what a player can do stats wise, how fast he can do a little sprint....that's not sport! I'm sure you could pay some homeless people to do sprints and crash into each other, and they wouldn't have to be paid thousands!

For what it's worth (and it makes little difference to me, as I already know his ability), here's some random Rooney facts:

Waybe Rooney runs around 11.82km during a match. This is incredibly almost 1km more than Luis Figo's average! And strikers are supposed to do less work.
During a football match, on average Wayne walks for 4,000m, joggs for 4,800m, runs for 1500m, light sprinting for 1000m and 500m sprinting!
On average, Wayne heads the ball twice, uses his chest 13 times and his feet touches the ball 90 times in one game!
Wayne clocks up 9.70 metres per second. And that's not too far off the pace of a sprinter like Maurice Greene who weighs in at just over 10 m/s!

www.waynerooneyonline.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Rooneys work rates amazing. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him dispossesed of the ball in the oppo area, chase the ball all the way back to his own area, then take it straight back up the field on his own. Amazing player, and a real breath of fresh air in the game. Someone who really passionately cares about the game and never, ever gives up. Compared to the likes of Robben, well there is no comparison, Rooneys a natural great, Robbens a natural grate. Wanker

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join