It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Oh you Americans, you like sports with lots of points, you give your players points for everything. In Football the goal is a magic moment, it's a hard won reward, that's what makes it so special.

At least we Americans are capable of multiple orgasms!!! Ohhhhhhhhh... That stings don't it? No really, what is it you guys do during the 40 freakin' minutes between goals? I know you lob bags of piss at each other... But tell me some other whacky ways you guys keep awake.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
At least we Americans are capable of multiple orgasms!!!

That was the crack of all cracks!
I wish I had thought of it.

Don't forget also that South Americans are also proud of the fact that they actually urinate on their own stadium causing the metal supports and whatnot to rust and wither away.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
American football star player:

Nancy-boy sport star player:

Is that nail polish I see??????

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Manly tackle:

Nancy-boy tackle:

So, we have American foot ball, the most mentally and physically challanging sport in the world, with players of unreal size speed and power doing their best to inflict the maximum amount of pain to their opponents.

And we have soccer, a sport where a key strategy of the game is faking injury to gain an advantage.

The NFL is football. Soccer should be renamed "fairy ball".

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

And on the subject of US Football, I have just watched 20 seconds of the 2006 Superbowl. How can a man waddle on the pitch, all 300 pounds of him, play 1.3 minutes, waddle off, and call himself an athelete?

Because that 300 pound guy can most likely run a 5 second 40 yard dash, and bench 225 pounds 35 or 40 times. He would also be one of the quickest humans you have ever met. Believe me, I have played against guys that became NFL lineman... The athleticism, quickness, balance and foot work they have is simply unreal.

Now if your gonna have a moan at me, first let me tell you that I played rugby. A game where you stay on the field for the full game, get the sh*t knocked out of you with no pads, and we were'nt full of steroids/painkillers either! Not run on for 2 minutes, may touch the ball/ may not! Run back off, have a break/drink/chat/wink to cheerleaders/bathroom etc etc.

I played played rugby for about a month after my last attempt to get a football scholarship.

Rugby isn't even close to as physical. The endurance is the toughest part of the game. The fact is, rugby does not compare with the kind of hits you take in football. In football nearly every player gets hit every single play. The hits you take as a skill player on offense are also often blind-sided, unlike in rugby where most times you can take the hit.

Plus, the pads actually make you hit harder. You won't see a rugby player lead with his head when running full speed at someone else running full speed.

Rugby is a very rough sport. It doesn't come close to football. Take a look at some of these hits. You'll never see that in rugby (and yes, I have seen plenty of pro rugby games, my best friend in college who got me to play was a Kiwi and obsessed with the all-blacks. Hell, even he said that if the US could get NFL players to play rugby we'd easily dominate on the international level).

open field block

rutine type of hit taken by NFL WR

Another type of every day hit taken by an NFL WR

Regular blind side hit an NFL QB takes

My favorite player laying the wood. Notice that the reciever held onto the ball.

Lets face facts, US style football is a joke.

I'd love to have seen you go out for my highschool team, much less a D1 college or the pros.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

So, if there is only one kind of football, why it is called American football? It should be called just football, as ours is called, why it is needed to specify its origin?

Someone please answer this question. [beautifull posed might I add?]

The world knows what football is. To be honest, we're missing nothing from the fact that it isn't popular in America. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's probably a blessing.

Nancy-boy tackle:

AMM, that isn't a tackle.

That's a tackle.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

That's a tackle.

No, that's two nancy-boys tripping over them selves.

THIS is a TACKLE.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yeah, cause that really looks like he's tripping over himself. He took him out, 100%. Bloody sweet.

EDIT: Your video of that "tackle" is stupid. It's just some dufus who's been watching too many nature programs about Rhinos. "Duuuuh, I'ma gonna do that in my next game, ma'."

"Don't forget to pack your helmet, Son. We can't have you taking any more injuries to the head. You're already too stupid for me".

However, I do like your signature.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Watch Aussie Rules, Rugby League or even Rugby Union for some serious tackling.

'Merican football is over developed, over hyped boring tosh. As something to watch while you eat it may have its uplace but as a sport - nah.

There's only one football, 3 decent oval ball games and then the pantomime game.

NFL has been offering the subsidised rights to AF to Europe for years and most networks can't be bothered to show it as no-one watches.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Yeah, cause that really looks like he's tripping over himself. He took him out, 100%. Bloody sweet.

It's completely lame. I play soccer, it's fun and all, but it's a sissy sport. The whole thing is based around faking an injury. Every time Ronaldinho or Rooney or Henry trips they cry like little girls...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tripped and got a boo-boo! WAAAAAAAAA!"

EDIT: Your video of that "tackle" is stupid. It's just some dufus who's been watching too many nature programs about Rhinos. "Duuuuh, I'ma gonna do that in my next game, ma'."

Dawkins...a dufus? He's one of the baddest men alive. He could probably kick the snot out of the whole priemer league by himself. And yeah, he leads with his helmet. Why? Because it HURTS the guy he hits.

Understand that was at an All-Star game. That hit right there would be the biggest hit in the history of soccer, and he does that several times each game.

"Don't forget to pack your helmet, Son. We can't have you taking any more injuries to the head. You're already too stupid for me".

S Sean Considine on learning from Dawkins: "A guy like Brian Dawkins, you hear about how great he is, but one thing you probably don't hear about is how intelligent he is at the same time.

Link

Unlike soccer players, nearly all football players attend college for at least 3 years, most attend for 4 or 5 years. The funny thing is, people assume football players are dumb. They are actually the smartest athletes in the world. Each player needs to know between 60-100 plays for each game, with each play consisting of between 10 and 35 words/numbers, each of which specifically tells a player what to do in a specific situation. Not only that, but they have to know the plays/tendencies of the OTHER teams, and be able to read what THEY are doing. Football players are a lot of things, stupid is not generally one of them.

However, I do like your signature.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I have a feeling someone will complain. Untill then though...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
American Football is not a sport.
Just like chess is not a sport.
You can call it a game but has a sporting event I dont think you can call it sport.
Sure once in a while you see a cool tackle, but I want to see tactics, speed, tecnics, phisical condition(lasting), and art in a sport all combined .
Runing for 1 minute on the field and then talking on the cell fone and takeing periods every minute is not my idea of a sport.
There is no discipline no nothing, it's just you head in front and i'll trow it to you and you have to run with it all the way.
No succesive passing combination.
No phisical condition.
Too many time outs.
Too many points, it can finish 100 to 100.

Ps wach how the crowd reacts when a toch down is scored and how the crowd reacts when a goal is scored.
yea yea toch down yea, that is so woossy
See how people do when you a goal is scored.
It's minute 89 a corner kick is takeing place, the ball travels it's headed the goal keeper keeps it out for a moment the ball bounces to 16 meeters raul strikes it and it's "hear the public what they say and how they say it and how tey manifest of joy" the score is 1-0 and it's min 89 with stopage time added desilusion for others total madnes of joy for others.
You see american football does not have that, it does not have the thrill added, the emotion of the suporter where he truly becomes the 12 playier in the game, something you might not understand, it's beiond your reach

When real footbal begins there is nothing just us and the game, no distrations, you drink your beer with out looking at the bottle you do not blink, every moment can be either fatal or in the form of a orgasm.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
American Football is not a sport.
Just like chess is not a sport.
You can call it a game but has a sporting event I dont think you can call it sport.

Sure once in a while you see a cool tackle, but I want to see tactics

If you want tactics, then you should LOVE football. No sport in the WORLD involves more tactics, team work, and strategy then football. Frankly, the #2 sport is a distant 2nd to football in all of those areas. It's really not even close.

speed

NFL players are among the fastest athletes in the world. In fact, many of them are sprinters in college as well. Several of them are so fast that they compete for spots on the US olympic team, which also happens to be the fastest team in the world.

tecnics

Football requires a greater range of technique then possibly any other sport. Hell, look at running backs. They have to be amazing with the ball in their hands, able to stop on a dime and power through tacklers. They have to be able to pass block because often they are used as extra blockers if the defense blitzes. They also have to be able to run crisp recieving routes, and have good hands to catch a ball coming at them at 70-80 miles an hour.

phisical condition(lasting)

I don't think you understand just how physically punishing football is. No other sport in the world even compares. Not rugby, not soccer - NOTHING. The endurance these guys have is really amazing, because not only do they have to have good cardio, they have to have a HUGE pain thresh hold. You will regularly see guys playing with broken arms, hands, or pulled muscles... If a soccer player gets tripped he cries.

and art in a sport all combined .

Seems like you should love football, seeing as how all the things you mentioned football requires in greater quantity then soccer.

Runing for 1 minute on the field and then talking on the cell fone and takeing periods every minute is not my idea of a sport.

As if soccer players are sprinting every second.

They stand around as much as football players do, except for the midfielders. Believe me - I played BOTH sports, and can tell you right now that football is MUCH more physically demanding from an indurance point of view.

There is no discipline no nothing, it's just you head in front and i'll trow it to you and you have to run with it all the way.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about, do you?

No succesive passing combination.

Yes, actually there is. Just because there is generally only one pass per play does not mean that pass plays are not deliberately strung together in order to accomplish something. Watch any team that runs a West Coast Offense, like the Eagles or Packers.

No phisical condition.

Tell that to these guys:

Yup, they sure do look out of shape to me.

Too many time outs.

As opposed to "injury time"

Too many points, it can finish 100 to 100.

100 total points would involve 13 touch downs in one game. Never has happened and most likely never will.

Football is an all around MUCH better sport then soccer. They are better pure athletes, the game requires more strategy, and it isn't as mind numbingly boring. Hell, I gave up on out door soccer because it IS so damn boring. I had to switch to indoor to actually get some action going on.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No matter what you think there is only one king of sports and that is football.
You can argue all you like but football will reimain king of world sports.

Here is a question if Football was never played where would American football be?

Thanks to a thing you call soccer american football even exists.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Watch Aussie Rules, Rugby League or even Rugby Union for some serious tackling.

The ONLY reason anyone would watch Aussie rules football has to be homoerotic, what with their tight little short shorts, and natty little tank tops.

No, Implosion does not play like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes, I agree - Football in the king of sports. The superbowl is the single most watched television program in the world, thus proving it's dominance

You can argue all you like but football will reimain king of world sports.
Again, I'm glad we agree that football, and not that nancy-boy activity called soccer is the king. It takes a big man to admit your sport is so terrible.

Here is a question if Football was never played where would American football be?

It would probably still exist with more influence from lacross.

Thanks to a thing you call soccer american football even exists.

Thanks to football, soccer can claim to not be completely wussy and lame, because a real mans sport was developed from it.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Yes, I agree - Football in the king of sports. The superbowl is the single most watched television program in the world, thus proving it's dominance

No, the world cup is most watched with ACTUAL VIEWERS. They say the Super Bowl is broadcast to over 1 billion people. Meaning 1 billion people could watch it if they wanted to, not 1 billion are. There's maybe a good 200 million outside the US that actually like our football.

As for the world cup, they broadcast to over 1 billion people, and 1 billion plus actually WATCH it. It's not just adding numbers to seem more impressive.

European football is a much better overall sport. Living in the US my hwole life, I've played both.

Played football for my highschool football team. That was just boring as hell, I started every game but I had to ASK to be dragged out I was so bored.

As for football, 90 minutes of pure action, slide tackling someone and breaking their leg. Then having your own broken and still playing. Is a sport. Every second every action, means more in football then US football.

I'd love to see the NFL players interact nicely with their fans. Football players actually have to do that.....if they feel like keeping their fanbase that is.

Bollock around if you like, but football, is far superior to American football, and I've played both since I was 4.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So, we have American foot ball, the most mentally and physically challanging sport in the world, with players of unreal size speed and power doing their best to inflict the maximum amount of pain to their opponents.

And you call that a sport? You need that to feel yourself a man? How sad...

Challenging you say? I would love to see if your apes in helmets can run for 90 minutes...

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Peronemlin]

D

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

To quote the Chaser's War on Everything (aussies who watch ABC should know this show) "You seem to hear a lot more about the superbowl commercials than the game itself. You know a sport is bad when people are only tuning in for the ads."

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
only watched american football once and it helped me sleep, so i thank channel5 for putting it on!!

most of the game the players was stood around doing nothing, then when they finally started 2 mins later they stopped AGAIN!! :O -

i was like wtf's going off here, and all the players was like WHOOOOOOOOO banging helmets and stuff just because they ran 5 yards down the pitch :/

bunch of fat people who eat 8 mcdonnalds a day
if not fat - steriods
gas and air - (because some unfit dude ran 30 yards down the pitch)
1000 tea breaks
helmets
arm pads
knee pads
shoulder pads
thigh pads

is not my idea of a sport!!

take a look at rugby players, (shorts and t-shirt) and lot tougher!! - non stop action for 80mins, cauliflower ears and everything - fit as a bull and built like brick shiit houses (no drugs), thats what you call a sport!!

--

football (soccer) as you call it, is a game of skill - its the biggest sport in the world, the most popular in NEARLY every country (except america) - but who cares what you think, you stick at what you best at.

playing rounders and throwing a ball in a hoop.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Finally there are a few things I want to say:
1. We, here in South America, are the best football players of the world, European leagues would be crap without our boys.

lol, you do have a point about your players but I hardly think the leagues would be 'crap' without them. Their aren't that many in the English leagues. I can only think of Crespo off the top of my head but there must be more. Of course there are more playing in other European leagues, and they defianately add a lot to their teams and the leagues they play in (cant wait for the Chelsea v Barcelona game - hope Ronaldinho kicks their asses!). And on the flip side, surely having so many players over here in Europe, helps your national side(s) when it comes to the World Cup? Not that you need much help of course! but it must help having so many players experiencing the different style of play we have over here

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join